*** Survivor: Game Changers ***

43,354 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txaggiefarmer05
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah Jeff wants/needs to find the next Cirie.

I was rooting for Brad but he made a fatal error and put someone not he jury that would never vote for him and couldnt win. He takes Tai and he wins.

That was a pretty awesome way for Cirie to end her Survivor career.

This was a fun season even after most of the heavy hitters were voted off. I look forward to listening to some exit interviews to get some more insight on how things went down.
HTownAg98
The issue when it gets to putting people on the jury is that you have to be instrumental in putting them on the jury, and making people like you enough for putting them there to get their vote. Sarah did that perfectly, Brad did not.
aTmAg
AG
I wonder what the rules are for when everybody has immunity? Everybody safe for that tribal council and they come back 3 days later without their idols?
mavsfan4ever
AG
They never really even explained the rules for voting Cirie out. I guess it was obvious that if only one person can be voted for then they are going home. But she didn't get any votes, so I was thinking she would stay and no one would go home that tribal ceremony. Seems weird you can be voted out without getting any votes.

And what if there were two people that could be voted for but no one voted for either of them? Then what?
LHIOB
AG
aTmAg said:

I wonder what the rules are for when everybody has immunity? Everybody safe for that tribal council and they come back 3 days later without their idols?
I dont think they would allow that many advantages in the game. Thats why the Legacy Advantage had to be played at 6.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

They never really even explained the rules for voting Cirie out. I guess it was obvious that if only one person can be voted for then they are going home. But she didn't get any votes, so I was thinking she would stay and no one would go home that tribal ceremony. Seems weird you can be voted out without getting any votes.

And what if there were two people that could be voted for but no one voted for either of them? Then what?

None of the other votes would have counted, so everyone would have zero. That's a tie, so there would be a re-vote. And the only person eligible for votes at that point would have been Cirie.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
tallgrant said:

I found Ozzy's comments about the immunity respect pretty telling during final tribal- he still doesn't quite get it.
I couldn't figure that idiot out. I know he has no social or strategic game play, but when they went through the hypothetical example showing Brad why he blew it, 5 people said they would vote for Brad. 5 people said they would have voted for Tai. You see who Ozzy voted for? Freaking Tai or did I completely miss something?

How does he go to the mat defending Brad as a challenge warrior, playing hard, and camp hero during jury and the dingleberry would have actually voted for Tai over Brad. What the hell am I missing other than him being a moron? The only thing Tai had over Brad was when Brad bullied him because he had a history of flipping out at tribal.

Finally, way to go bleeding heart when you had a chance to speak Ozzy, glad your 128 days of fame is over or whatever it was.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brad's immunity streak was impressive but he let anger cost him the win. While Sarah's speech at Zeke's outing made me laugh because it was so Fish camp over-sharing cheesy, I thought she played a very strong social game and deserved the W. She kept winning teust and then making the right decisions with it.
10Aggie10
AG
Ozzy's idea of the "true" survivor is the person who can make it on their own for 39 days in the elements; he holds individual immunity winners in high regard and that's why he championed brad.
My guess on why he switched to Tai is because he sees Tai as being even more of a "true" survivor, plus Tai beat him on the endurance challenge. This has gotten longer than I intended, but most challenges now end in a puzzle. Tai isn't any good at puzzles, but in endurance challenges, Tai is always top 2-3. Ozzy would prefer endurance challenges to puzzle challenges (I would too, and I know I'm in the minority). CBS and Probst like puzzles for the drama, but endurance challenges give a different brand of person a chance at progressing. Since it's a social game, they'll never really have a chance at winning the game, but they'd last a heck of a lot longer on their own in the wild than most of th contestants.
Quinn
AG
Quinn said:

gravy97 said:

It will be interesting next vote... b/c if my counting is right and there are now 6 people left... Sarah will have immunity from the legacy if there are 6 left. Tai has 2 idols... so he will probably play those at 6 and 5 (if they can't be used past 4). Does Troyzan also have an idol? And someone will actually win immunity.

So with all that in play, only 2 people will be not be safe entering tribal (or 3 if Troyzan decides to wait one more week to play the idol that he may or may not have)
It's possible that there is only one person eligible to be voted off next Tribal.
- Sarah uses legacy advantage
- Aubrey wins Immunity
- Tai plays one idol for himself
- Tai plays other idol for Brad
- Troyz plays idol for himself
- Cirrie is voted off

I like Cirrie, but it would be pretty funny to see only one option for votes.

No props for calling this???
Rudyjax
AG
Quinn said:

Quinn said:

gravy97 said:

It will be interesting next vote... b/c if my counting is right and there are now 6 people left... Sarah will have immunity from the legacy if there are 6 left. Tai has 2 idols... so he will probably play those at 6 and 5 (if they can't be used past 4). Does Troyzan also have an idol? And someone will actually win immunity.

So with all that in play, only 2 people will be not be safe entering tribal (or 3 if Troyzan decides to wait one more week to play the idol that he may or may not have)
It's possible that there is only one person eligible to be voted off next Tribal.
- Sarah uses legacy advantage
- Aubrey wins Immunity
- Tai plays one idol for himself
- Tai plays other idol for Brad
- Troyz plays idol for himself
- Cirrie is voted off

I like Cirrie, but it would be pretty funny to see only one option for votes.

No props for calling this???

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Quinn
AG
Hey, the theory was exactly right, even if one of the details was slightly off. I know you're probably still all confused because of the Sillicon Valley thread, though.
mavsfan4ever
AG
LHIOB said:

aTmAg said:

I dont think they would allow that many advantages in the game. Thats why the Legacy Advantage had to be played at 6.

If tai and troyzan would not have played their idols at 6 and not played them at 5, then it would be possible that all 4 people had immunity. Obviously very unlikely but technically could be possible.
Quinn
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

LHIOB said:

aTmAg said:

If tai and troyzan would not have played their idols at 6 and not played them at 5, then it would be possible that all 4 people had immunity. Obviously very unlikely but technically could be possible.
You can't play an idol at 4 people, so not possible.
LHIOB
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

LHIOB said:

aTmAg said:

Cant play idols at 4. They must be played at 5.
Rudyjax
AG
Quinn said:

Hey, the theory was exactly right, even if one of the details was slightly off. I know you're probably still all confused because of the Sillicon Valley thread, though.

No. Honestly it was an amazing prediction.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Quinn said:

mavsfan4ever said:

LHIOB said:

aTmAg said:

You can't play an idol at 4 people, so not possible.
Oh yea. Brain fart.
HTownAg98
One thing I don't like is the tiebreaker in the final three. If it were to happen, that person would have the benefit of watching the season, and then casting a vote for the winner. It would be better if they made each person cast a ballot at the final tribal council and only use those votes if necessary.
10Aggie10
AG
I reserve the right to have misheard Jeff Probst, but it sounded like he said Troyzan would have voted in Fiji. Production team definitely knows the results since they film them
LHIOB
AG
Pretty interesting stuff in Robs interview with Sarah. She said that while on the pasta reward she made a Final 3 with Brad and Troy. She told them she would give them her bracelet as collateral but she wanted something from them as well. Troy gave up one of his bracelets and Brad gave her is wedding ring. They couldnt show it because that would have pretty much have eliminated all drama.

She said that she would have gone back on her word and voted Brad out if it was better for her game.

In his interview with Troy and Brad Troy says that he was the one who pointed out the "Non-Transferrable" and that Sarah had no idea about it. In fact she was going to let Cirrie keep it and use it but Troy realized that it was going to be Sarah who would be going home so he jumped in and asked Jeff to have her read the rules again.

Pretty good stuff.
10Aggie10
AG
Just saw the final results on the Google doc, and I'm goin to briefly play the role of sore loser: it seems like there should be a significant penalty for picking the eventual winner as your goat - as in, one definitely shouldn't be awarded the 7 point bonus. The difference in our entries was that I had the true eventual goat (Troyzan, who receive zero votes) and our winner had the sole survivor as goat. I was essentially penalized because Troy won an immunity, Sarah did not and Troy played an ideal, Sarah did not. Oh well, it's just a game. Rant over. Taking the sore loser hat off and discarding it.

Congrats to tallgrant on the win. This game y'all played made watching the season even more interesting, kindve like fantasy football.

Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping up with the scores . I really appreciate it
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I'd agree, GOAT is just that, a tag along and you shouldn't get credit.

That being said, the sister alliance doomed me, was a bad choice on my part.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
And the winner is...

Sorry for the delay, missed the first hour and a half and had to catch up this weekend. Congrats to tallgrant on the victory.

I'll tweak a few things next season(no more confessional points) and any other ideas anyone might have.

See you for Survivor Triple H. Have a good summer.
txaggiefarmer05
AG

txaggiefarmer05
AG

sorry tried to edit
tallgrant
Feel dirty with the win because of how the goat worked out. I think the tweak needed is to put a penalty on them when they get votes at final tribal (maybe -1 for every 2 votes? 1 per vote seems kinda harsh for correctly finding someone who would lose challenges routinely).

I appreciate the kind words 10 but was prepared to come in and congratulate you- I made a lot of good calls but the goat was a major whiff, and I benefitted from the scoring system not penalizing me for it.

And much thanks for the hard work in the spreadsheet- it is greatly appreciated.

SaltwaterAg17
AG
Congrats to tall and the runners up. Looking forward to next season with y'all
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Totally agree 10 and grant. Was thinking towards the end of the season that getting to final tribal was too many points, but was trying to reward players on a pick they made that lasted all the way through, which seems much more difficult. Weird season in that most of the powerhouses were picked off and we were left with a majority of people who were head scratchers as to why anyone would want them back. Should be easier next season with all new players and no knowledge of anyone going in, and we'll find a way to modify it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.