*** Survivor: Game Changers ***

43,307 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txaggiefarmer05
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AKA Survivor Big Moves

The FULL cast is supposed to be released today via the Survivor Facebook Page at 1:30 CST

Here is a rumored cast list

double aught
AG
Really enjoyed last season.
jdgilberg
AG
Should be a fun one!
LHIOB
AG
http://once.unicornmedia.com/now/master/playlist/c9cd5ffb-e591-4566-8141-d79c05703b80/86a81db8-12c7-4d82-b0c8-42f4cdef4d86/4d0d48a1-544a-4e59-a573-7f74e6031b2f/content.m3u8?visitguid=5a954f30-05b2-4d95-8684-27cf9620e39f&UMBEPARAMsiteid=164&UMBEPARAMcomponentid=undefined&UMBEPARAMv22=B99636AF-CDE3-4B99-9CF5-1B7C622AA406&UMBEPARAMmedrls=36gHWdEVTW7t&UMBEPARAMevent=play&UMBEPARAMdistntwrk=can&UMBEPARAMmedlength=341&UMBEPARAMplayertime=0
LHIOB
AG
Hope that works. A few duds but pretty solid cast with multiple winners.
gambochaman
AG
Now this season im really excited for
BlackLab
AG
When does it start?
20ag07
Hope Sandra wins again just to watch all the butthurt.
kpaggie05
AG
Looking forward to this one - lots of fun characters. If they let Sandra win again - they are all crazy. No way she should make it that far. I wish it was starting up sooner - going to be a long preseason like Second Chances.
LHIOB
AG
I watched the Preview on Facebook and one of them (I think Rob) makes the point that you would think they would just vote out the winners first but not only did Sandra win twice but Parvati, a winner, was also in that final 3.

I think they have a good mix of challenge beasts and mental/manipulative players. Also, it looks like Sierra got some additions.
gambochaman
AG
OZZY! OZZY! OZZY!
zap
AG
in
LHIOB
AG
Bump for Wednesday's Premier
Southlake
Geez, I like all new players so I don't know what to expect.

Has to be better than last season. Well, anything is better than last season.
LHIOB
AG
Wow. I really liked last season.
Quinn
AG
Last season was garbage at the start but got entertaining as the season went along.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Thought last season was really good. Isn't it somewhat obvious at this point that playing all out pre-merge is a guaranteed way to get you booted early. Michaela and Jessica were perfect examples for being aggressive to early.

Secondly, had some possible scoring changes to the game if a few agree just to spice it up, and wouldn't be permanent if no one liked them.

1) Players get a point if they get five confessionals in an episode. (Would maybe make people choose
different players, since usually the same 6-8 are usually chosen)

2) A goat pick. You pick a player for the whole season to be the goat, aka player dragged along because
they have no chance. Since there usually weaker, you get 2 points every week they stay in pre-merge,
when they're more at risk, and 1 point post merge. -2 points if they win indiv. immunity, -1 for indiv.
reward. 5 bonus points if they make final tribal. This season would be a good start for it, because
they're seem to be plenty of those players. They wouldn't get the 1/2 point bonus post merge.

I'll implement them in if 3-5 people like the idea.
LHIOB
AG
Works for me
jdgilberg
AG
Me too!
MooreTrucker
AG
txaggiefarmer05 said:

2) A goat pick. You pick a player for the whole season to be the goat, aka player dragged along because
they have no chance. Since there usually weaker, you get 2 points every week they stay in pre-merge,
when they're more at risk, and 1 point post merge. -2 points if they win indiv. immunity, -1 for indiv.
reward. 5 bonus points if they make final tribal. This season would be a good start for it, because
they're seem to be plenty of those players. They wouldn't get the 1/2 point bonus post merge.

Boston Rob is the GOAT pic. Duh.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
MooreTrucker said:

txaggiefarmer05 said:

Boston Rob is the GOAT pic. Duh.

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-history-origin-of-the-goat-685

Big difference in upper and lowercase definitions. And Boston Rob, the guy they put on a season of morons with a safety net(redemption island) to help him get to the end, is the GOAT?
MooreTrucker
AG
I realized the difference. There was supposed to be a winky face.
LHIOB
AG
Yeah, Im not a huge BR fan. I am currently rewatching Hero's vs Villains and he's pretty annoying except for how he handles Coach. That s*** is awesome.
gravy97
AG
I like the 'goat' addition to the scoring.
Say Chowdah
AG
Good first episode.

I see Sandra going early if she doesn't tone down the queen bee stuff. Previously she's always been an under the radar player. Unlike many posters on here, the people who played the game (some of them multiple times) know what she is capable of, and repeatedly mentioned how hard it is to have won twice and that it wasn't by luck.

At first I thought the Sandra/Tony strategy made a lot of sense in that the others wouldn't vote for a past winner unless it is only winners left. Too bad Tony went psycho.

Looks like the first switch is happening next week!
HTownAg98
Just hand Sandra the $1,000,000 and be done with it. She's not my pick, but she's going to win.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
RIP Big Threat Alliance (Born-Afternoon of Day 4, Died 12 hours later)
txaggiefarmer05
AG
RULES

1) You pick 4 players you think will do the best in the game. 2 have to be male, 2 have to be female. What tribe they are in doesn't matter. You have between now and next Wednesday at 6:59 p.m. Central to make your picks. Anything submitted after that doesn't count, and anybody who edits their picks after that time is DQ'ed.

2) Pre-Merge Rules: Each time one of your players survives a tribal council (or their tribe doesn't go), you get 1 point. They also get 2 point for finding a Hidden Immunity Idol - although that is not retroactive for anyone who finds one in the first episode.

2a) Any player who plays an HII at tribal and it keeps them from going home, you get 3 points. If they give it someone else and it saves that person, you get 2 points. If they get voted off while in possession of the HII, you lose 2 points.

2b) For every one of your players that makes the merge, you get 2 points.

2c) Any player that gets 5 confessionals in an episode gets 1 point. **New as of Season 34**

3) The goat pick: Choose one player for entire season to make it as far as possible because they have no chance at winning, ex. Hannah from MvGX in Season 33. Player will receive 2 points for every survived episode pre-merge, and 1 point post-merge. Player will also receive -1 point for winning individual reward, and -2 for winning individual immunity. If player makes it to final tribal, player receives 7 points. Bonus .5 points will not be given for the goat, and neither will HII points. **New as of Season 34**

3a) Player won't receive penalty for winning reward or immunity if its the challenge where people answer questions and chop others ropes 3 times. (These challenges rarely happen anymore, but non-threats are often in the mix to win, by doing nothing.)

4) Post-Merge Rules: Since they usually don't let you know the merge is happening until that in-episode, these rules only apply to episodes after the one where they merge. In the episode where the merge takes place, you'll get points for any players you have in the first II challenge (and reward challenge if they have one), as well as for surviving TC.

4a) In the week after the merge episode, everyone picks the 2 players they think will go the furthest. Can be 2 men, 2 women, or 1 of each, doesn't matter.

4b) If you have players remaining from your initial picks, you can stick with them and get a 0.5 point bonus on everything going forward.

5) Post-Merge points: Win reward challenge (as either individual or a team): 1 point; Win individual immunity challenge: 2 points; Find Hidden Immunity Idol: 2 points; use HII to save yourself: 3 points; use HII to save someone else: 2 points; survive tribal council: 1 point; voted off while possessing HII: -2 points.

5a) So if you had two people left from your original picks, and went with them after the merge, every time they survived tribal council, they'd each earn 1.5 points, 2.5 points for winning individual immunity, etc.

6) Having the person who finishes 5th earns you +2 points; 4th = +4 points; 3rd = +6 points; 2nd = +8 points; 1st = +10 points. The 0.5 point bonuses apply here as well.

In the words of One World's Tarzan, "The game is afoot." Rules 2c, 3, and 3a were added this year and are by no means permanent if people don't like them. If anyone wants to tweak rule 3, let me know.

And for the confessionals point, tonight Tony, Malcolm, and Sandra would have gotten it. I quit counting at 5 but Tony and Sandra had 6+. Cirie and Michaela had 4, and Caleb, Debbie, and Jeff Varner had 3. All others had 1 or 2, so this rule probably won't be a game changer.
zap
AG
I'm glad Ciera is gone. I never liked her the first time around.

Tony just couldn't play it cool after overhearing Sandra and Troyzan. Oh well
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Zeke and Varner.

Aubry and Hali.

goat is Debbie and I hope that gets me no points and she gets voted off soon. THE most annoying person on the planet.
LHIOB
AG
Zeke and Malcom
Andrea and Aubrey
Goat is Hali
LHIOB
AG
Sandra is such a bad ass. I hope she wins. She made the best possible alliance and then dropped it like a bad habit as soon as it didnt work for her. Like Varner said, she got 5 votes in 15 mins. They can't let her get to Final 3 but then again she could be a goat because like she said, who will give her $3MM?
kpaggie05
AG
I'll go with:

Malcom
Varner
Aubry
Michaela

Not getting rid of Sandra first was a huge mistake. I think she'll go far because she's so savvy, she can easily steer the conversation off of her. She never offers names up, always asks what other people want to do and then goes with that. Poor Tai is SO out of his league with all of these strategic players. I loved the exchange with him and Cirie - she's one of my all time favorite players. I would have picked her in my four, but she seems to have a huge target on her back and no one to work with yet. All in all - pretty great first episode. I think it should be an entertaining season!
MooreTrucker
AG
I want to see Tai try to put on the immunity idol helmet
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
kpaggie05 said:

Poor Tai is SO out of his league with all of these strategic players. I loved the exchange with him and Cirie -
Wife and I were laughing at that exchange. Expected Tai to immediately go to "my English not always good" when she pinned him down in about 4 seconds.

Tai is gonna lose it when they roast that cabrito.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.