The Mummy (2017 reboot) trailer

17,897 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This doesn't look like it'll be in the same vein as the Brendan Fraser movies.

PatAg
AG
The Mummy movies were fun. This will probably suck
Al Bula
AG
From that trailer I thought I was watching a Mission: Impossible movie.

Looks pretty crappy.
nickstro66
AG
So will this movie include some sort of tease for future Universal Monster movies?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm interested.

Cruise is money in the bank for Blockbusters. Looked better than a lot of stuff from Hollywood nowadays.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Don't like Cruise, but I do like Annabelle Wallis.
AliasMan02
AG
nickstro66 said:

So will this movie include some sort of tease for future Universal Monster movies?

That's their plan, I believe.
toucan82
Will the Universal monsters alli appear in a movie where a group of teenage misfits unite to prevent the monsters from opening a portal to some sort of hell dimension?
LHIOB
AG
Looks like a fun summer flick
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
toucan82 said:

Will the Universal monsters alli appear in a movie where a group of teenage misfits unite to prevent the monsters from opening a portal to some sort of hell dimension?

I'm pretty sure you just described season 6 of Supernatural.
wangus12
AG
PatAg said:

The Mummy movies were fun. This will probably suck
Agreed, although I do tend to like Cruise movies
titanmaster_race
Watching that plane scene made me want to play Uncharted 3 again
GiveEmHellBill
AG
RPM said:

From that trailer I thought I was watching a Mission: Impossible movie.

Looks pretty crappy.
The MI movies have gotten increasingly better and better as they've gone on.

This one looks fun and exciting like the MI movies, not the same kind of fun & exciting the first Mummy movie was. That sequence on the plane has me looking forward to this.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely looks better than I was expecting. Never been a fan of mummy/ancient Egypt/curse stuff on screen, but give it a little Mission: Impossible/Cruise twist, and I'm in. That plane sequence was legit.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02 said:

nickstro66 said:

Yeah, Russell Crowe is apparently Jekyll/Hyde, Johnny Depp is The Invisible Man, Javier Bardem is Frankenstein's monster, Tom Cruise is... Tom Cruise, and then they're rebooting The Wolf Man, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Van Helsing, Dracula, etc. as well. All under the Universal Pictures umbrella. Basically trying to get in the same "cinematic universe" game as Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm and WB/DC. So get ready for that, whether we like it or not. Alex Kurtzam, who co-wrote the first two Transformers and the first two of the new Star Treks is heading up the whole operation, if that tells you anything.
MW03
Joseph Parrish
AG
I'll probably watch it.
Sapper Redux
TCTTS said:

AliasMan02 said:

nickstro66 said:

Yeah, Russell Crowe is apparently Jekyll/Hyde, Johnny Depp is The Invisible Man, Javier Bardem is Frankenstein's monster, Tom Cruise is... Tom Cruise, and then they're rebooting The Wolf Man, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Van Helsing, Dracula, etc. as well. All under the Universal Pictures umbrella. Basically trying to get in the same "cinematic universe" game as Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm and WB/DC. So get ready for that, whether we like it or not. Alex Kurtzam, who co-wrote the first two Transformers and the first two of the new Star Treks is heading up the whole operation, if that tells you anything.

No Abbott and Costello?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks terrible :-/
wangus12
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Watching that plane scene made me want to play Uncharted 3 again
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it and the sarco****us reminds me of the golden idol in Uncharted 1.
PlanoAggie
AG
Looks fun!
mslags97
AG
Champ Bailey said:

toucan82 said:

I'm pretty sure you just described season 6 of Supernatural.

I thought it was Scooby Doo!
The Collective
AG
Quote:

Alex Kurtzam, who co-wrote the first two Transformers and the first two of the new Star Treks is heading up the whole operation, if that tells you anything.

Prepare for an alternate reality.
Noblemen06
AG
Cruise might be a nut but he makes entertaining movies. This one looks pretty intriguing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Dude is almost 55.

Maybe worshipping Xenu has some good side effects.
MooreTrucker
AG
55 is not old.
Gigem314
AG
Definitely has more of a 'Mission Impossible'-'War of the Worlds'-'Fast & Furious' feel to it than the nostalgic 'Indiana Jones' feel of the originals (at least the first 2) that were set in the 1920's and 30's.

But it looks entertaining. I'll probably see it. Cruise and Crowe should make it interesting.
israeliag
AG
Looks entertaining. Also looks like Hollywood finally figured out all Tom Cruise movies should have a cargo-jet action sequence.
MooreTrucker
AG
israeliag said:

Looks entertaining. Also looks like Hollywood finally figured out all Tom Cruise movies should have a cargo-jet action sequence.
And running. Lots of running.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I always loved the old Universal monster movies, including The Mummy.

I thought the 1999 The Mummy with Brendan Frasier and Rachel Weiz was fantastic. Completely different movie. Almost an Indiana Jones movie. The sequel was ok and the Scorpion King films that followed, well, not so much.

I don't really like Tom Cruise but his movies have been pretty good. I liked Edge of Tomorrow a lot, as well as all of his Mission: Impossible flicks and Valkryie. I will be seeing this as well as any other monster movies that Universal reboots.
tysker
AG
toucan82 said:

This should only be allowed if they include a scene where wolfman gets kicked in the nards.
AliasMan02
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Dude is almost 55.

Older than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.
LHIOB
AG
They are going to do an entire franchise with actors under 5' 10"
LHIOB
AG
http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-mummy-will-kick-off-the-new-universal-monsters-1789624335
MooreTrucker
AG
AliasMan02 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Dude is almost 55.

Older than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.