The Mummy (2017 reboot) trailer

17,882 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not bad some pretty good action sequences worth the watch on HBO.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexAgBolter
AG
Lol. Same here. Randomly decided to give it a go on HBO recently and I walked away entertained.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

i thought they were going to be world building with this franchise starting it off. whatever happened to that?

I think the lack of success with this film killed that.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

that sucks, i didnt hate this move and would have loved to see the other stuff they brought about in that universe.

I would too.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Then I think the cherry on top was some of the womanizing controversy with Johnny Depp as well, who was set to play the Invisible Man. Once this movie bombed, and then Depp became somewhat radioactive, the whole thing imploded. Alex Kurtzman, the director of The Mummy, was supposed to shepherd the entire expanded universe, but apparently there was also a lot of behind the scenes drama too, to the point where Kurtzman didn't want to work with Universal anymore after his experience on this. From the sound it, there were creative differences with Universal, and the final product wasn't the movie Kurtzman set out to make. Chris McQuarrie - the writer/director of the last two Mission: Impossible movies - was brought in to try and salvage it, but even he couldn't save it after all of Universal's meddling, apparently. Who knows the exact story, but the bottom line is that all the creatives on this movie share the sentiment that the movie we got wasn't the original intention.
TCTTS
AG
(I still haven't seen it, btw. I may try to catch it, though, now that it's on the cable rotation.)
jokershady
AG
Wasn't another issue that Tom Cruise kept wanting to have a say in the script / story and creating conflict that way?
TCTTS
AG
Cruise "having a say" is basically McQuarrie. He brings him onto nearly every one of his movies now. And McQuarrie seems to side with Kurtzman, so I don't think that would be it, but who knows.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.