*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,477,277 Views | 27642 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by C@LAg
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

If Reed isn't there, who is the 4th?

Have been plenty of subs. Or the spot is vacant and they're coming the phantom zone looking for him.

Personally I think an arc that sees Reed become the villain over time would do well.
rhutton125
AG
There's an arc where Reed is presumed dead, and Sue is the only one that thinks he's still out there somewhere. Johnny and Ben help but it's mostly Sue-focused.

Plenty of good FF stuff out there. I can't wait to see what they can do with it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
bearamedic99 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MooreTrucker said:

jtstanley4621 said:

First impression:

Brie Lason is a gift from the gods so that we may know their beauty if only for a moment.

Eh, she's no Gal Gadot.
Yeah, I do not get this fawning over Brie.
She is attractive, but not noteworthy.

Perhaps they are referring to Alison Brie?

Why not both?

MBAR
AG
Beat40 said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Or maybe he should focus more on introducing the Fantastic Four and X-men.

There is much more demand for that than there is for A-force.

But I do want solo Rogue and Storm movies one day.

Marvel has lots of great female characters, but not that many really stand on their own.
Yeah because the public is just dying for more xmen and fantastic four. Sure as hell haven't had enough xmen movies.

Except if the current Marvel name is attached to those movies, they would be anticipated greatly.

By a fraction of movie goers. Most people don't care as much as the people in this thread about the MCU but rather just if the movie is good

fig96
AG
MBAR said:

Beat40 said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Marvel has lots of great female characters, but not that many really stand on their own.
Yeah because the public is just dying for more xmen and fantastic four. Sure as hell haven't had enough xmen movies.

Except if the current Marvel name is attached to those movies, they would be anticipated greatly.

By a fraction of movie goers. Most people don't care as much as the people in this thread about the MCU but rather just if the movie is good

It would be fascinating to see a breakdown of box office for blockbuster films by audience, mainly casual vs fan vs hardcore fan. I'd bet you're right that the fanboys are a pretty small percentage overall.
swimmerbabe11
I think brings up an interesting question... where does the line get drawn between fanboy and casual fan?
AliasMan02
AG
MBAR said:

Beat40 said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

This is way off. The Marvel/MCU means a TON. Instant credibility with movie goers.
rhutton125
AG
Agreed. Otherwise people would be burnt out before Spider-Man Homecoming, right? Or they wouldn't want Disney to buy Fox and see Wolverine with Captain America?

When Spider-Man flipped in with Cap's shield, the internet went crazy - and not because they'd had enough Spider-Man.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/07/captain-marvel-avengers-4/

Quote:

"She is more powerful than any character we've introduced thus far," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige tells EW. "So that alone tells you that there's a reason Nick hit that button at the end [of Infinity War], when he realized that they were up against something far bigger than they had ever been up against before. And having her on your side is hopefully going to change the balance of power in a way that they desperately need."
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/06/captain-marvel-kevin-feige-jude-law-casting/

Quote:

"He's somebody we have admired for a long time and have wanted to find a role for in our movies, and as fate works in your favor, his part in this is extraordinary," Feige said. "He really came to play."
fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I think brings up an interesting question... where does the line get drawn between fanboy and casual fan?
That is a good question.

I'd think something like "I love the Marvel movies and I'm going to see this" vs "I'm going to see this but I really hate that they picked the X storyline of this character over the Y storyline". But that line could certainly be blurry in a lot of instances.
hurleyag
AG
So with Jude Law in this, we have both Sherlock/Watson duos in the MCU.
gravy97
AG
Quote:

where does the line get drawn between fanboy and casual fan?
I'm not sure where i would fall.... I wouldn't consider myself just a casual fan as I have seen every Marvel Movie (most multiple times) and greatly look forward to the new films, often seeing them on opening weekend... but aside from cartoons as a kid, I have very little background knowledge of any characters, never read any comics, don't know any story lines aside from what i read on here. I had no concept of Thanos outside of these movies... so I wouldn't consider myself a fan boy.
SeattleAgJr
TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

"She is more powerful than any character we've introduced thus far,"

<nerd rage on>

In the MCU, I guess, sure, why not.

In the comics, not even close.

Both Thor and Hulk are stronger than she is, both have higher stamina/endurance than she does, Thor can fly faster than she can.

Yes, she has some energy manipulation powers, but nothing that sets her above Thor+Mjolnir/Stormbreaker in a 1:1 comparison.

Looks like it will be powers of convenience/plotforce here.

</nerd rage off>
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

"She is more powerful than any character we've introduced thus far,"

<nerd rage on>

In the MCU, I guess, sure, why not.

In the comics, not even close.

Both Thor and Hulk are stronger than she is, both have higher stamina/endurance than she does, Thor can fly faster than she can.

Yes, she has some energy manipulation powers, but nothing that sets her above Thor+Mjolnir/Stormbreaker in a 1:1 comparison.

Looks like it will be powers of convenience/plotforce here.

</nerd rage off>
I don't get why that is needed? Everyone sees how boring Superman is. I don't see any need for a character like that in the MCU. With Thor 3 and IF, Thor is on a whole new level. IronMan too with his nano tech. Hulk is still the Hulk when he comes out to play. We haven't seen worldbreaker yet. Plus if you make her stronger than everyone for the Thanos storyline then what's next. She sticks around for the next big bad and there is no use for the weaker characters.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I wonder if they will make her somehow imbued with the Power Cosmic...which would make her pretty much the most powerful character in the MCU?

This power has been around in the comics forever now, but has never been mentioned in the movies (probably because it's most associated with Galactus and therefore the Fantastic Four).
Farmer1906
AG
gravy97 said:

Quote:

where does the line get drawn between fanboy and casual fan?
I'm not sure where i would fall.... I wouldn't consider myself just a casual fan as I have seen every Marvel Movie (most multiple times) and greatly look forward to the new films, often seeing them on opening weekend... but aside from cartoons as a kid, I have very little background knowledge of any characters, never read any comics, don't know any story lines aside from what i read on here. I had no concept of Thanos outside of these movies... so I wouldn't consider myself a fan boy.
You've seen them all multiple times and you post about it on the internet. I'd consider you closer to fanboy than a casual fan.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

I don't get why that is needed? Everyone sees how boring Superman is. I don't see any need for a character like that in the MCU. With Thor 3 and IF, Thor is on a whole new level. IronMan too with his nano tech. Hulk is still the Hulk when he comes out to play. We haven't seen worldbreaker yet. Plus if you make her stronger than everyone for the Thanos storyline then what's next. She sticks around for the next big bad and there is no use for the weaker characters.
perhaps she'll be the only one strong enough to withstand undoing the snap with the damaged guantlet? Maybe that'll take her powers down a peg.

Thanos was unable to completely heal himself with the busted gauntlet, it definitely took a toll on him.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I've said it before, but if she comes in and saves the day, that will be a huge letdown and will cause an unsatisfactory ending to what has been a great story. I don't mind her playing a big part in the outcome, but having this ultra powerful and pretty new character come in and defeat the big bad villain that nobody else can defeat will make everything else seem pointless.
Farmer1906
AG
I agree and I don't expect that to happen. MCU has proven time and time again they know what they're doing.

It'll be 100% joint effort to finish off Thanos.
TajMaballer
AG
Captain Marvel's very interesting to me because of Higher, Further, Faster, More and the rest of Kelly Sue DeConnick's run.. It's a mix between Star Trek and Top Gun which I appreciate.

Now Carol Danvers I appreciate because she always wants to be the best. In House of M (when she was Ms. Marvel), each hero gets what they ultimately want. Carol got to be the most popular hero. It kind of plays onto her wanting recognition for how powerful she really is. This makes her more interesting than Superman to me.
Farmer1906
AG
If they could somehow do house or M and make it work, I would be so happy.
KidDoc
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I wonder if they will make her somehow imbued with the Power Cosmic...which would make her pretty much the most powerful character in the MCU?

This power has been around in the comics forever now, but has never been mentioned in the movies (probably because it's most associated with Galactus and therefore the Fantastic Four).
I think Jean Gray still takes the cake for the most powerful with the Phoenix force. Not part of the Marvel film-verse due to X-men and Fox stuff. From the Jean Gray wiki:

Quote:

While empowered by the Phoenix Force, Grey has total telekinetic control of matter at the molecular level, allowing her to manipulate atomic structures on a universal scale. She can generate any form of energy in seemingly unlimited amounts, as well as absorb energy from sources as great as a supernova or even convert her physical form to pure energy and back again. She can also exist in virtually any environment without harm and create space/time warps to travel through hyperspace or traverse the timestream, and her telepathic abilities are also vastly enhanced. When using her power, the Phoenix Force will manifest itself around Grey in the form of a bird of cosmic flame, the size of the bird varying with the amount of energy she is using. [These flames can even manifests in seemingly impossible situations, such as the vacuum of space or underwater. This fire apparently does not require oxygen to burn, and burns so intensely that matter is consumed without by-products such as ash. The cosmic fire is a literal punctuation to the Phoenix's purpose to "burn away what doesn't work", as well as being described as "burning through lies and deception".] The Phoenix Force can also resurrect the dead under some conditions, and absorb the life force from other sentient beings to bolster its own.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey#cite_note-Women_of_Marvel:_Celebrating_Seven_Decades_Handbook-102][102][/url]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sex Panther
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I've said it before, but if she comes in and saves the day, that will be a huge letdown and will cause an unsatisfactory ending to what has been a great story. I don't mind her playing a big part in the outcome, but having this ultra powerful and pretty new character come in and defeat the big bad villain that nobody else can defeat will make everything else seem pointless.

I agree... I think Marvel is smart enough to know this and use it to springboard her as the face moving forward. She'll be involved and have a major role, but ultimately Thanos is going down by the OG's and primarily Thor, Cap, and Tony in that order (Tony being the most important/one who will get the final blow).
Max Power
AG
hurleyag said:

So with Jude Law in this, we have both Sherlock/Watson duos in the MCU.
But there's a third duo on the way this fall with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly, and that film is out before Captain Marvel. Reilly was already in Guardians so that only leaves Ferrell.

Will Ferrell looks like he can handle playing Adam Warlock, who should be showing up in Guardians 3.

If Avengers 4 fixes what Thanos destroyed then Reilly should be back in the fold then they can put out more Ferrell/Reilly films under the MCU.
rhutton125
AG
Maybe she'll rally the Kree and Skrull armies and bring them to bear against Thanos.
SeattleAgJr
Max Power said:

Quote:

If Avengers 4 fixes what Thanos destroyed then Reilly should be back in the fold then they can put out more Ferrell/Reilly films under the MCU.

god, no.
Max Power
AG
This was Feige's plan from day one.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ferrell could make a good cosmic character, a la grandmaster/the collector
AgfromHOU
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Ferrell could make a good cosmic character, a la grandmaster/the collector

Too bad Mugatu isn't a Marvel character. He'd fit right in with those two.
mazag08
AG
The Grand Stepbrother
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ferrell could be Jester and fight Spider-Man, then we could have another old movie reference with him saying Jester's dead.
fig96
AG

redline248
AG
I am excite
Urban Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I agree... I think Marvel is smart enough to know this and use it to springboard her as the face moving forward. She'll be involved and have a major role, but ultimately Thanos is going down by the OG's and primarily Thor, Cap, and Tony in that order (Tony being the most important/one who will get the final blow).
I guess I am more of the casual fan because up until Bruce Almighty brought this up, I hadn't thought of that angle. I was just happy to get another MCU movie with what appears to be a bunch of cool tie ins.

Really don't like the idea of a new character being introduced this late in the game that is pivotal to defeating Thanos. With IW ending with Capt America, Black Widow, Banner, Thor, and Stark all surviving, the original MCU Avengers, it "feels" like the path we are on and the one that must be followed, is for the original five to find a way to defeat Thanos and reverse the snap. Sure, they'd get a lot of help, but it needs to ride on their shoulders or what the whole point of 20 intertwined movies leading us to this point, only to have some new character come in and save the day?

Hope you're right.

First Page Last Page
Page 293 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.