*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,444,019 Views | 27616 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Definitely Not A Cop
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Really don't like the idea of a new character being introduced this late in the game that is pivotal to defeating Thanos.
which is why it would be hilarious if she got dusted in the Capt Marvel post credit scene. so much buildup and excitement, then NOPE, it's up to the OG's. Unless they go back to the 90s and pick her up
Farmer1906
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I've said it before, but if she comes in and saves the day, that will be a huge letdown and will cause an unsatisfactory ending to what has been a great story. I don't mind her playing a big part in the outcome, but having this ultra powerful and pretty new character come in and defeat the big bad villain that nobody else can defeat will make everything else seem pointless.

I agree... I think Marvel is smart enough to know this and use it to springboard her as the face moving forward. She'll be involved and have a major role, but ultimately Thanos is going down by the OG's and primarily Thor, Cap, and Tony in that order (Tony being the most important/one who will get the final blow).
No Hulk?

I don't think Steve gets a final blow. He gets to sacrifice himself.
Sex Panther
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sex Panther said:

Bruce Almighty said:

I've said it before, but if she comes in and saves the day, that will be a huge letdown and will cause an unsatisfactory ending to what has been a great story. I don't mind her playing a big part in the outcome, but having this ultra powerful and pretty new character come in and defeat the big bad villain that nobody else can defeat will make everything else seem pointless.

I agree... I think Marvel is smart enough to know this and use it to springboard her as the face moving forward. She'll be involved and have a major role, but ultimately Thanos is going down by the OG's and primarily Thor, Cap, and Tony in that order (Tony being the most important/one who will get the final blow).
No Hulk?

I don't think Steve gets a final blow. He gets to sacrifice himself.

I agree with that, and probably seeing Cap die will give Tony the motivation.

Hulk will be there for sure and have his moment... But I think you've got the original Avengers all playing a part, but ultimately it's anchored by the "Big 3"
MBAR
AG
My guess is that Captain Marvel and Ant Man find a way to use the quantum realm to reverse the dusting but the OG Avengers do the actuall "beating" of Thanos.
Max Power
AG
My gut feeling is she isn't going to be the one that saves the day, but she'll play a big supporting role. Avengers 4 is going to be the closing chapter for some of them.

This story is for the original Avengers to close out and serve as a bridge to the next phase, and Captain Marvel is going to play a big role, but it's not going to be her saving the day I feel like.

Would be nice if we got a teaser at some point for Captain Marvel or Avengers 4. I'm wondering when we see something, Venom is out on October 5th, maybe then?
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
I've seen variations of this theory posted on reddit several times. Seems to be an obvious conclusion, but is a little bit of a cop out since it's already been done before.
OnlyForNow
AG
So he created a time loop, and everyone is in a quantum realm. Problem is thanks has the time stone. Gonna have to beat him to get everyone back
PatAg
AG
fig96 said:

This show easily stands above the other Netflix marvel shows, along with Punisher imo.. A lot of it is that both leads are great actors, and the way they handle the action in this is great.
hurleyag
AG
fig96 said:

"He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light."
TexasAggie_02
AG
OnlyForNow said:

So he created a time loop, and everyone is in a quantum realm. Problem is thanks has the time stone. Gonna have to beat him to get everyone back
I'm saying that making a time loop is a cop out, b/c that was used just a year or two earlier to defeat a potentially even bigger threat (since Dormammu exists outside of space and time).

I feel like using another time loop would be lazy writing. I have no problem with them having a time travel element to A4, it just needs to be handled in another manner. I do think that Strange did something, i just have no idea what.

One thing that i had noticed is that when Thanos rewinds Vision, the time stone makes the same glyph symbol that it did when strange used it. so maybe Strange did put a spell on it. the reason that sticks out to me, is because it looks like the orange shield glyphs that strange and wong conjure up, just green. Why would they be so similar if they weren't linked somehow?

Thematically, strange's shield are similar to the stone's activation. I assumed it was b/c the Time stone was being used in conjunction with a spell, and not necessarily the stone's native function. I.e. for the time loop against Dormammu, strange could cast a spell that says "when stone wearer dies, have stone revert to DD:MM:YYYY:HH:MM"

Ornithopter
AG
I could see Captain Marvel acting as a guide to help progress plot points along. She could be a sort of Virgil guiding the OG. It's set her up for the future without diminishing the OG too much.
fig96
AG
Just a note on Iron Fist s2, I know there weren't many fans of s1 but this one is definitely worth checking out. I'm three episodes in and it is leaps and bounds better than the first season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
fig96 said:

Just a note on Iron Fist s2, I know there weren't many fans of s1 but this one is definitely worth checking out. I'm three episodes in and it is leaps and bounds better than the first season.

I'm about at the same point in the season, really enjoying it.
Farmer1906
AG
I might have to come back to the Netflix MCU if it really is that good. I didn't even get around to watching Jessica Jones S2, Luke Cage S2, and it was a struggle to get through Punisher S1.
SeattleAgJr
Farmer1906 said:

I might have to come back to the Netflix MCU if it really is that good. I didn't even get around to watching Jessica Jones S2, Luke Cage S2, and it was a struggle to get through Punisher S1.
JJ2 and LC 2 were both just... boring, and WAY too long.

JJ2 was a miserable show. Yes, the first season was something of a downer, but there were bright spots. Season 2 was just miserable slogging through it.

LC2 followed from a bi-poplar 1st season. A great first half, a ridiculous 2nd half. Season 2 is more like the 2nd half of S1 than the first.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm done with the Netflix MCU except for Daredevil. He's the only character I care about.
Sex Panther
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'm done with the Netflix MCU except for Daredevil. He's the only character I care about.

this
MBAR
AG
If a time loop saves the day I'll wear a tu hat. It's not going to be a time loop and any theory that thinks it is is an incredibly poorly thought out theory. The time loop worked on Dormamu (sp?) because his dimension didn't have time so it was an unknown. Thanos not only knows about time but has the time stone and has used it to roll back time. Its such a lazy way of doing things that there is no way that is the culmination fo the MCU to date.
bearamedic99
AG
everybody who knows stuff knows that Squirrel Girl will the one to defeat Thanos.

Also, how bad is the New Warriors tv show that even Freeform won't air it? I read the NW comic back in the day and want to see these characters portrayed. They SHOULD have been the cause of the Civil War.
jtstanley4621
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bruce Almighty said:

this
I enjoyed what I watched of Luke Cage. The villain in the second season is crazy.
rhutton125
AG
I liked LC2 quite a bit. Head and shoulders above LC1. The first half of S1 gets too much love. Cottonmouth was overrated. Not bad, just overrated. I thought Bushmaster was better.

I think there's no way they go the Doctor Strange time loop. Not only is it a rehash, but it's just too easy. That's not 1 in 14,000,605 - that's a "yeah why WOULDN'T you do that?".
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

I thought Bushmaster was better.

Welcome to: Bad Opinion.

Population: You.
jtstanley4621
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

rhutton125 said:

I thought Bushmaster was better.

Welcome to: Bad Opinion.

Population: You.
Welcome to fightsville

Population: US

rhutton125
AG
I'll stand by it! Cottonmouth was kinda dumb. He walked right into Luke's trap, shot a cop in broad daylight and almost got busted for it, popped up on a roof and fired a rocket launcher, and of course got murdered. He also did that same laugh twice per conversation. Not really the Stringer Bell that they wanted him to be.

Plus, the introduction of Bushmaster means I can go around annoying my wife with a bad Jamaican accent. 'arlem is MINE!
jtstanley4621
AG
I will admit that I was very disappointed when they killed off Cottonmouth. I really liked the actor that was playing him.

Another thing I will say about the Marvel Netflix universe is that they want you to watch SO much to understand what's going on. For example, Luke Cage Season 2. You need to have watched the Defenders to understand what had happened with the characters between seasons. You couldn't just dive in right after Season 1 without missing some stuff. I didn't like that.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I will admit that I was very disappointed when they killed off Cottonmouth. I really liked the actor that was playing him.

Another thing I will say about the Marvel Netflix universe is that they want you to watch SO much to understand what's going on. For example, Luke Cage Season 2. You need to have watched the Defenders to understand what had happened with the characters between seasons. You couldn't just dive in right after Season 1 without missing some stuff. I didn't like that.
it's almost like it's a shared universe or something
bearamedic99
AG
I'm almpst done with LC s2 and am glad I'm not the only one practicing a bad Jamaican accent.

Cottonmouth and Bushmaster are both great. Willis from LC s1pt2 was horrible. s2 also seems less preachy to me about all the great african americans which got annoying in s1.
jtstanley4621
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

it's almost like it's a shared universe or something
Well yes, but it's possible for the seasons to be separate from the overarching individual shows, right?
redline248
AG
I thought they were pretty independent with the exception of what happens to Misty between seasons of Luke Cage.

Speaking of Misty, she has a significant role in Iron Fist 2, which makes me wonder if she'll show up in Dare Devil 3
TexasAggie_02
AG
holy sheet this is hilarious

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/9fb637/infinity_war_x_office_trailer/
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
rhutton125 said:

I'll stand by it! Cottonmouth was kinda dumb. He walked right into Luke's trap, shot a cop in broad daylight and almost got busted for it, popped up on a roof and fired a rocket launcher, and of course got murdered. He also did that same laugh twice per conversation. Not really the Stringer Bell that they wanted him to be.

Plus, the introduction of Bushmaster means I can go around annoying my wife with a bad Jamaican accent. 'arlem is MINE!
I liked Cottonmouth but I too was a bit annoyed with the constant "huck laugh." And, why did all the bad guys need to be named for snakes?

Bushmaster was great. I thought it was refreshing to see LC get knocked on his ass, for once.

Also, obligatory:
"arlem aintcha yahd boi...eees mine."
"we coulda been bredren"
SeattleAgJr
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Quote:

And, why did all the bad guys need to be named for snakes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Society
bearamedic99
AG
Man, that takes be back. I started reading Cap as he was finishing up as the Captain and next dating Diamondback.
jackie childs
TexasAggie_02 said:

holy sheet this is hilarious

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/9fb637/infinity_war_x_office_trailer/
sadly, prison mike would probably be like the 4th best MCU villain
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.