*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,485,576 Views | 27662 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by MJ20/20
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we also mention that she used to go by Ms. Marvel (spoilers) orr that she was also a character known as Binary and appeared in the X-Men books for a period.
SeattleAgJr
toucan82 said:

They should just give characters different names

Much less confusing
Depending on how they do the story, it will be less confusing.
bearamedic99
AG
and in the comics, Rogue stole her powers and put Carol in a lengthy coma, causing Wolvie to dislike Rogue.
Orome
AG
That picture would've been a lot more entertaining if Yvonne Strahovski won the part of Capt Marvel
SeattleAgJr
Charlize Theron, even at her "age" would, have been perfect.
Quad Dog
AG
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but DC can't even make a decent Justice League movie.
Meanwhile Marvel is making a Starforce movie, a team barely with a Wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starforce

SeattleAgJr
Sadly I must admit that I actually know who StarForce is.

I love 70s and 80s Marvel Comics.
rhutton125
AG
Hm! I read that comic in the last few months and didn't even make the connection until now. Cool.
Wheatables02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

MooreTrucker said:

jtstanley4621 said:

First impression:

Brie Lason is a gift from the gods so that we may know their beauty if only for a moment.

Eh, she's no Gal Gadot.
Yeah, I do not get this fawning over Brie.
She is attractive, but not noteworthy.
Even if she isn't as attractive as the new wonder woman, you can kiss the wonder woman franchise goodbye after this one...
SeattleAgJr
Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

Even if she isn't as attractive as the new wonder woman, you can kiss the wonder woman franchise goodbye after this one...

why?
wangus12
AG
AMorgan13 said:

That picture would've been a lot more entertaining if Yvonne Strahovski won the part of Capt Marvel
We can still dream. Brie is still awesome though.

MooreTrucker
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Charlize Theron, even at her "age" would, have been perfect.
Agreed. See Atomic Blonde.
Wheatables02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?
I believe that if this is as good as the majority of Marvel Movies, DC and Wonder Woman could take a huge hit with their franchise.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?
I believe that if this is as good as the majority of Marvel Movies, DC and Wonder Woman could take a huge hit with their franchise.

You think people will just decide to not see Wonder Woman because Captain Marvel is good? That's a weird take.
Wheatables02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?

You think people will just decide to not see Wonder Woman because Captain Marvel is good? That's a weird take.
I can see where you see that. I, for one, was not impressed with Wonder Woman. I do realize that I'm an outlier. If CM is better than WW, there is no chance I'd watch another one.
Urban Ag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?

No, people will decide to not see the next Wonder Woman because the first one was over hyped and not very good.

I do like watching Gal do pretty much anything though.
Flashdiaz
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Love the nine inch nails shirt on Larson.
Hope this has a killer 90's soundtrack.
MooreTrucker
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?

I can see where you see that. I, for one, was not impressed with Wonder Woman. I do realize that I'm an outlier. If CM is better than WW, there is no chance I'd watch another one.
Yeah, I don't get that. Two completely different characters. One should not cancel out the other just because both are female.
jtstanley4621
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Wheatables02 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?

Yeah, I don't get that. Two completely different characters. One should not cancel out the other just because both are female.
Totally agree. I thought the villian was stupid in Wonder Woman, but overall I liked Gadot's performance and thought she embodied Wonder Woman well. Honestly probably my favorite of the new-age DC movies. I'm rooting for the second one to be better. I'm all for women super hero movies.
fig96
AG
Urban Ag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Wheatables02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Wheatables02 said:

Quote:

why?

No, people will decide to not see the next Wonder Woman because the first one was over hyped and not very good.

I do like watching Gal do pretty much anything though.
The first one wasn't as amazing as it was made out to be, but it was still an above average, fun action movie and by far DC's best (not that that particular criteria is a very high bar).
rhutton125
AG
I'm excited for the supporting crew in this one. There's almost too much to go around. I'm sure Danvers, Mar-Vell and Talos will get most of the screen time, but I really liked Minerva and Captain Atlas in the comics, and I'd love all the Ronan and Korath you can throw at me. Then you consider Fury and Coulson, and damn... Not enough for everyone. Not if you're going to properly set up a Kree-Skrull conflict.

I'm assuming Starforce will mostly be extras, generic goon squads or something but I suppose Kree live longer too. You could always bring Minerva back in 2021 if appropriate.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The problem for DC with Wonder Woman is that the first movie was their best overall film....but it was set apart from the rest of the universe in both time and no real connection through supporting characters. The next one looks to follow the same trend.

Captain Marvel, however, is being dropped into settings we're already familiar with through the Guardians movies. And this will bridge the character smoothly into the rest of the MCU for her dramatic appearance in the next Avengers movie.

DC's best movie is, by and large, a standalone movie (or series if the next one is good).
Murder Hornet
AG
This is exactly the tactic that DC should use. They tried the cinematic universe thing and got their ass kicked.

Make movies with each character in their own universe. Let Batman be dark and gritty, fix Superman and make him not dark, let Wonder Woman continue with the "world" they had in the first standalone movie
Fenrir
Yeah, making a cinematic universe comprising of multiple sets of directors each with their own ideas about how the films should be made, how stories should go, and keeping the story lines consistent across movies that are in production simultaneously can't be easy. Marvel films has done something nobody else seems able to replicate.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Fenrir said:

Yeah, making a cinematic universe comprising of multiple sets of directors each with their own ideas about how the films should be made, how stories should go, and keeping the story lines consistent across movies that are in production simultaneously can't be easy. Marvel films has done something nobody else seems able to replicate.

It also required patience. DC tried to rush the team up
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Fenrir said:

It also required patience. DC tried to rush the team up
100% this.

Before Avengers we had:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America (2011)
- Marvel's The Avengers (2012)

Compared to how DC tried it with their first ensemble film as their second effort:

- Man of Steel (2013)
- Batman v Superman (2016)
- Wonder Woman (2017)
- Justice League (2017)
rhutton125
AG
fig96 said:

Compared to how DC tried it with their first ensemble film as their second effort:

- Man of Steel (2013)
- Batman v Superman (2016)
- Wonder Woman (2017)
- Justice League (2017)

I'll take that one further. They had ONE film under their belt when they announced TEN films that would be following after. Now that's rushing things.

This is why I hope/feel that the Sony Spider-verse will fail. Homecoming hadn't even been out yet and they started announcing plans for Venom and Silver & Black. The newly revamped(/fixed) Spider-Man had had 15 minutes of screen time and already a universe was being announced. Now that slate is Venom, Silk?, Morbius, some character from Maximum Carnage, and splitting Silver & Black - already a bad idea - into two separate origin films.

It's like proposing after the first date. It CAN work, but odds are that this will end in disappointment.
Quad Dog
AG
Again proves what an amazing achievement Avengers was. It combined the tesseract from Captain America, the villain from Thor, and heroes from Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America.
bearamedic99
AG
I did not see this mentioned from the article.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/06/kevin-feige-captain-marvel-female-led-marvel-movies/

Feige would like more female-led movies, not just Captain Marvel or Black Widow. And there is talk of an all female Avengers movie.
SeattleAgJr
Or maybe he should focus more on introducing the Fantastic Four and X-men.

There is much more demand for that than there is for A-force.

But I do want solo Rogue and Storm movies one day.

Marvel has lots of great female characters, but not that many really stand on their own.
MBAR
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Marvel has lots of great female characters, but not that many really stand on their own.
Yeah because the public is just dying for more xmen and fantastic four. Sure as hell haven't had enough xmen movies.
Beat40
MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Yeah because the public is just dying for more xmen and fantastic four. Sure as hell haven't had enough xmen movies.

Except if the current Marvel name is attached to those movies, they would be anticipated greatly.
AliasMan02
AG
An X-Men arc that picks up with Xavier out of the picture for some reason (plenty of comic book precedent for that) and the school being run by some combo of Jean, Storm, Emma, or Kitty would be a great concept for a female-led X-Men.

Hell, even a FF where Sue is running the show and Reed is out of the picture (he's the weak link anyway) would also be a fresh new take.
MooreTrucker
AG
If Reed isn't there, who is the 4th?
redline248
AG
Silver Surfette
First Page Last Page
Page 292 of 791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.