*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,482 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

there is no reason to assume he has any "super powers" left.

anything he had was due to his dad, and destroyed with his dad.

his power is his team.

He's also still not 100% human either though. He's a hybrid and we have no idea what that means in terms of his capabilities.
swimmerbabe11
I just feel like besides holding the stone, his power was unrealized/unexercised. Up until he held the stone, he was just talented and could fit in small spaces and stuff. Being able to hold the stone only goes so far if he couldn't do anything else.
AgMarauder04
AG
I feel like it was established that his power was because of his dad and once Ego died, it was gone.

Farmer1906
AG
I don't think he had any idea of his "power" until he was on Ego.
YellowPot_97
AG
Fury going to show up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Sex Panther
AG
Should make TC happy... the excellent Carrie Coon is playing Proxima Midnight.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-infinity-war-casts-carrie-coon-as-proxima-midnight-1102971

Still no word on what Peter Dinklage's role is. I'm guessing it's the voice of Ebony Maw, but it may end up being some kind of big reveal to a new character.
Farmer1906
AG
Quote:

Thanos' children will be made up of Tom Vaughan-Lawlor as Ebony Maw, Terry Notary as Cull Obsidian, and most excitingly Carrie Coon as Proxima Midnight.

That means there's just one left to be revealed: Corvus Glaive, who is the most loyal of Thanos' Black Order, is thought of as his right-hand man, and wields a glaive that grants him immortality (and his name, of course).
http://whatculture.com/film/avengers-infinity-war-so-is-peter-dinklage-playing-corvus-glaive
Sex Panther
AG
Who the hell is Cull Obsidian?
Farmer1906
AG
Sex Panther said:

Who the hell is Cull Obsidian?
One of Thanos's Black Order.

Sex Panther
AG
Apparently they changed the name of Black Dwarf
TCTTS
AG
Nice.
SeattleAgJr
Thanos' MCU Backstory To Be Revealed in Canon Novel

Fans won't get the full backstory of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War ; for that they're going to have to wait for a Marvel Cinematic Universe first a tie-in novel. Thanos has been described as the "main character" in Infinity War. So, there will obviously be a big spot light on the purple Mad Titan, played by Josh Brolin, in the movie. There might even be some exploration of his past, as suggested by the flashback shown in the Infinity War trailer featuring Thanos and a young Gamora . However, that may be as far as Infinity War travels in the past of Thanos.

Though Thanos has a backstory that's over a thousand years old in Marvel Comics, the MCU history of the character hasn't been defined. The Marvel Cinematic Universe usually sticks pretty closely to the comics but has also been known to change things. After all before the MCU, the Infinity Stones were known as the Infinity Gems. Fans can probably expect similar changes to Thanos' backstory, when all is revealed in the novel Thanos: Titan Consumed.

Io9 reports that Thanos: Titan Consumed, written by YA author Barry Lyga, will arrive in November of 2018. The book will be set long before the events of Avengers: Infinity War and explore Thanos' origins. Titan Consumed will reveal how the villain got on the path searching for the Infinity Stones and how he earned his terrifying reputation in the MCU at large. Here's part of the official plot summary for the book:
Quote:

Born on a doomed world and cast out by his people for his genius, physical deviancy, and pragmatic but monstrous ideas, Thanos is determined to save the galaxy from the same fate as his homeworld no matter how many billions have to die. Learn the origins of the most formidable foe the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther have ever faceda foe whom even a group of remarkable people, pulled together to fight the battles nobody else could, will fail to stop. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives. Thanos is here.
Farmer1906
AG
How very Star Wars of them.
SeattleAgJr
Farmer1906 said:

Actually more like how Disney of them.

But I think the timing is pretty damn ridiculous, almost 6 months after the movie is released. I understand at that point it can bridge between the two movies but I would think people would be most interested shortly after Avengers 3 is released.
Farmer1906
AG
Star Wars is Disney
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This has been Star Wars norm since the Lucas days.

Edit: meant to reply to Seattle
SeattleAgJr
Farmer1906 said:

Star Wars is Disney

No! Really?
Farmer1906
AG
It's time for you to kiss the mouse's ring.

Embrace Kylo, start crushing on Rose, and drink your blue milk.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Why not just come out with a 3+ hour directors cut with the backstory?
Whos Juan
AG
Sex Panther said:

Cull Obsidian is a much better name anyways.
jeffk
AG
Whos Juan said:

Sex Panther said:

Cull Obsidian is a much better name anyways.

Cull Obsidian was the original name of the Black Order, so it's a little confusing for comic book people.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Farmer1906 said:

Actually more like how Disney of them.

But I think the timing is pretty damn ridiculous, almost 6 months after the movie is released.
Times out about right for the Blu Ray release of the film.
Brick Tamland
My wife is going to the Avengers movie with me and complained she won't know what's going on. Going to "make" her watch Avengers, Ultron, and Civil War in preparation for it. She's seen the Iron Man movies and Guardians movies so far.
Farmer1906
AG
If I'm only watching 4 I think those 4 would best prepare her.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

And winter soldier because it's awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's fairly important to watch, I would think. It explains why Avengers are operating outside of SHIELD in Ultron.
Beat40
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's fairly important to watch, I would think. It explains why Avengers are operating outside of SHIELD in Ultron.

I agree. As well as the introduction to Bucky.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yes, awesome, but I would say Thor 3. It appears that the beginning of IF is the end of Thor 3.
TexasAggie_02
AG
to be safe, just make her watch all 18
dave94
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yes, awesome, but I would say Thor 3. It appears that the beginning of IF is the end of Thor 3.
Plus, Ragnarok is definitely one of the most enjoyable of all the Marvel movies. Great rewatchability too.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I agree. As well as the introduction to Bucky.
Bucky was introduced in The First Avenger, not Winter Soldier.
jeffk
AG
But Bucky with the Good Arm is in WS.
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.