*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,483,004 Views | 27648 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Saxsoon
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hurleyag said:

Someone explain to me why Bucky or Sam carrying the shield make them "Captain America?" I get that the shield is strong, but the serum is what makes Steve "Captain America."
I would say that it is more than the serum, but "carrying the shield" is just a term for becoming Captain America.

It appears in the MCU Bucky has some super speed, strength, etc. so it wouldn't be a big stretch at all if he fought like him and acted like him physically. Plus we all know the Vibranium arm is coming.

Plus they would get new costumes to sell.

rhutton125
AG
IMO it's the opposite - the ideals are what make Captain America who he is, not the serum. And in Bucky's case, he's just as strong, so it's a natural fit. But he'd have to live up to the name, more than live up to the abilities.

That being said, I've never read any of the comics where someone other than Steve was Cap. But since they've never really done much with Rhodey, it makes more sense to pass the shield than to have someone else wear the red and gold armor and say "hey I'm the new Iron Man."

But who knows? Maybe neither hero dies!

Edit: beat me to it
GiveEmHellBill
AG
hurleyag said:

Someone explain to me why Bucky or Sam carrying the shield make them "Captain America?" I get that the shield is strong, but the serum is what makes Steve "Captain America."
Bucky was injected with a version of the Super Soldier serum by Red Skull. He's as close to Captain America as they could get.
swimmerbabe11
hurleyag said:

Nuh uh! It's his can-do attitude and folksy patriotism! His American pride and his good old fashioned sense of family values!

GiveEmHellBill
AG
rhutton125 said:

But who knows? Maybe neither hero dies!
Cap is going to die. Bank on it.

Hint: it doesn't end well....
rhutton125
AG
http://deadline.com/2017/07/captain-marvel-nick-fury-samuel-l-jackson-to-return-1202124578/

Here's hoping they can include Rhodey too. Dat Air Force connection.
TCTTS
AG
Quick reminder that with Spider-Man coming out this evening to keep all spoiler reactions/discussion to this thread....

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2864730

Otherwise, general/vague reactions are welcome in this thread.
fig96
AG
Slightly OT, but on that note I don't think we ever got your Baby Driver thoughts on that film's thread?

(hint: the correct thought is "amazing")
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

rhutton125 said:

BBut who knows? Maybe neither hero dies!
Cap is going to die. Bank on it.

Hint: it doesn't end well....
Cap is my favorite Avenger, but having seen this panel previously, I do expect to see Cap die. It would likely be dramatic and would be used to galvanize those who remain, much like Coulson's "death" in the first Avengers movie did for the team.

Then there is that infinity stone that Dr. Strange has - who is to say that, ala Spock in The Search for Spock, that Cap won't be resurrected to play a role in Thanos's defeat?
TCTTS
AG
Really liked it but didn't love it. I think the hype was maybe too high for me going in. Super fun and I can't think of a single legit complaint, but I stayed out of the thread after it simply didn't resonate with me the same way it did for everyone else.
fig96
AG
Cool, appreciate it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Quick reminder that with Spider-Man coming out this evening to keep all spoiler reactions/discussion to this thread....

Uncle Ben is dead....
Solo Tetherball Champ
GiveEmHellBill said:

TCTTS said:

Uncle Ben is dead....

DUDE!
Bruce Almighty
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

TCTTS said:

Uncle Ben is dead....

I loved his rice.
nickstro66
AG
Joan Lee, Stan's wife, passed away today

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joan-lee-dead-wife-marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-was-93-1018951
Bruce Almighty
AG
Hate to say it, but with these really old couples, when one dies, the other dies shortly after.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

TCTTS said:

Uncle Ben is dead....

Peter Gregory is dead.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Hate to say it, but with these really old couples, when one dies, the other dies shortly after.

You shut your mouth! I swear, if you just jinxed Stan, so help me.....
Bruce Almighty
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

He's 94. It's not like it's a stretch to say he's going to die soon.
rhutton125
AG
They recorded a bunch of his cameos already, though I don't know up to what point.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

He's 94. It's not like it's a stretch to say he's going to die soon.

cone
AG
better question

who's gonna take the gauntlet off thanos's hand
cone
AG
is jim starlin going to get a cameo in infinity gauntlet?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Stan Lee will never die.

He will simply ascend into Valhalla, where he'll regale all the souls there with tales of heroes and villains, monsters and magicians and good conquering evil for countless eons to come.
M.C. Swag
AG
In my fantasy world...Avengers 4 would end with Thanos lying in a smoldering heap from the collective beating he took from every hero.....

....and as the camera cuts to the gauntlet hand, we hear soft footsteps approaching....

......then a gloved hand reaching down and grabbing Thanos by the wrist and removing the glove...

...the camera follows the gauntlet as it's lifted up and slowly slipped onto the new owner....

...who immediately raisies the middle finger salute to Thanos.

Camera comes into focus and we see the red and black blur crystallize into the form of Deadpool.

As the scene slowly fades to black, he continues to mime offensive gestures and quippy dialogue towards the defeated Thanos and exasperated Avenger team.
swimmerbabe11
I expected:

Farmer1906
AG
M.C. Swag said:

In my fantasy world...Avengers 4 would end with Thanos lying in a smoldering heap from the collective beating he took from every hero.....

....and as the camera cuts to the gauntlet hand, we hear soft footsteps approaching....

......then a gloved hand reaching down and grabbing Thanos by the wrist and removing the glove...

...the camera follows the gauntlet as it's lifted up and slowly slipped onto the new owner....

...who immediately raisies the middle finger salute to Thanos.

Camera comes into focus and we see the red and black blur crystallize into the form of Deadpool.

As the scene slowly fades to black, he continues to mime offensive gestures and quippy dialogue towards the defeated Thanos and exasperated Avenger team.
M.C. Swag
AG
precisely!! lol
israeliag
AG
I just noticed that they got his alias wrong in that!
MooreTrucker
AG
israeliag said:

Yep, running joke
swimmerbabe11
israeliag said:

HOLY CRAP THEY DID AND THAT IS HILARIOUS
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jeremy-renner-broke-his-arms-stunt-avengers-infinity-war-1202489347/

Quote:

[url=http://variety.com/t/jeremy-renner/][/url]Jeremy Renner said Friday that he "broke his arms" during a stunt on "Avengers: Infinity War," which is filming.
Quote:

The actor, who has appeared in action films like "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation," said: "I'm doing a job that isn't really requiring a ton of stunts. It's not an action movie; it's a comedy. It just happens to have a few stunts in it. So I don't have to beat a whole lot of people up or do anything crazy. So it won't really affect my job.It affects how I get dressed in the morning. I can't tie my shoes, but outside of that and everything else, I can kind of get by."
interesting comment in bold there
israeliag
AG
The comedy part is interesting. I would assume that's more in relation to Renner's role in that film, rather than the film itself, but Marvel has been comedy heavy and has leaned into that more and more over time.

Crazy that he "broke his arms" not just arm.
israeliag
AG
Yeah I got that Star-Prince, that's why I pointed it out.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
israeliag said:

The comedy part is interesting. I would assume that's more in relation to Renner's role in that film, rather than the film itself, but Marvel has been comedy heavy and has leaned into that more and more over time.

I take it to mean the physicality compared to movies like Bourne or MI. The most physical thing he does is basically roll and draw a bow most of the time.
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.