Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,663 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Yo. tctts is writing Jolee Bindo

(I 100% don't remember that character's story)
That is 100% nails. From Wook-pedia

A Force-sensitive Human, Jolee Bindo was inducted into the Jedi Order and trained in the ways of the Force at the Coruscant Jedi Temple. During his days as a Padawan, Bindo was considered brash and reckless, often defying the will of the Jedi High Council in order to do what he felt was right, as exemplified by his actions during the blockade of the Ukatis system. Cut off from the rest of the galaxy by its own king, the Ukatis system was unable to receive food and supplies, and no help from the Senate was forthcoming. Bindo decided to help the people himself. He acquired a ship and was joined by a friend. Together they stole from the rich, considering it a "tax on the greedy," and ran the supplies through the blockade to the planet.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo#cite_note-KOTOR-1][1][/url]

Eventually, his craft was shot down on the planet by none other than his future wife, Nayama, and the two were married, although marriage was frowned upon by many Jedi of the time. He discovered her to be strong in the Force, and he took to training her personally despite the advice of the High Council and his Padawan status.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo#cite_note-KOTOR-1][1][/url]
During the war with Exar Kun, his wife, like many other Jedi, fell to the dark side. She attempted to turn Bindo, who resisted, culminating in a vicious lightsaber duel, which brought her to her knees. Unable to kill his own wife, Bindo let her go; this would ultimately lead to the deaths of many Jedi at her hands before she was finally struck down in battle. A sensitive topic for Bindo, the Jedi believed that he was unlucky in his life and just had, "So many bad memories, some you never want to think about ever again." In fact, it took much prodding and questioning by Revan to extract any information about his wife at all, much less the entire story.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo#cite_note-KOTOR-1][1][/url]
The Council did not punish Bindo for his actions, though, stating that he had learned his lesson the hard way. When instead they wished to promote him to the status of Jedi Knight, Bindo lost faith in the wisdom of the Council and went into self-exile, giving up his aspirations to be a Jedi Consular.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo#cite_note-KOTOR-1][1][/url]

After spending a year in the home of his good friend Sunry, Bindo took to wandering the stars. He drifted for years, keeping employed when necessary. For a time he even took up smuggling, and he was not above using a Jedi mind trick to get past customs. Eventually he crashed on Kashyyyk and explored the Shadowlands for the next twenty years. At first, the Wookiees believed him to be a benevolent forest spirit, calling him "the hairless one," and so left gifts and fruits outside of his dwelling, until the old hermit explained the truth to them, albeit with some embarrassment, as he was knocked out cold by Freyyr, who wanted to see if the spirit was solid. Still, Bindo remained a friend of the Wookiees, helping them protect the Shadowlands and its wildlife from poachers. He often wandered through the forest, ready to defend himself from predators, sentient or not, with his lightsaber.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jolee_Bindo#cite_note-KOTOR-1][1][/url]
Life is better with a beagle
YouBet
AG
Also, if this gets made then you have to put a credit in there for "TexAgs Forum 13".
TCTTS
AG
That's pretty good. A few too many inconsistencies with what I need, but it's damn close.
Duncan Idaho
And all of that was based on a random 1 second glimpse of a old holo in the archives of episode 1.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

And all of that was based on a random 1 second glimpse of a old holo in the archives of episode 1.
What? Jolee Bindo is one of the supporting characters in the game Knights of the Old Republic.
Duncan Idaho
I was just making a joke about characters like Quinlan voss or willrow hood
TCTTS
AG
YouBet said:

Also, if this gets made then you have to put a credit in there for "TexAgs Forum 13".

Done.
The Collective
AG
Just give credit to Redstone. We will all know.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

YouBet said:

Done.
TCTTS
AG
Redstone
AG
Was really happy to see Boyega and Naomi Ackie join Star Wars. BIPOC Representation has improved significantly since Disney took over, and Amazon is finally following their lead in The Rings of Power.

Kelly Marie Tran is obviously a trailblazer as well, and future casting directors must continue the trend. Anyone writing really needs to respect the identities of representation, which finally seems to be happening.
TCTTS
AG
The Collective said:

There's no way he doesn't have a Google alert set for "Redstone." He's like the Beetlejuice of TexAgs, except all you have to do is type his name once and he appears ^
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

The Collective said:

There's no way he doesn't have a Google alert set for "Redstone." He's like the Beetlejuice of TexAgs, except all you have to do is type his name once and he appears ^

Is that a thing? I would like to know how to do that so I can come immediately star his posts.
redline248
jokershady
AG
Ok is it just me or does this guy have moments where he's channeling Quinton Tarantino....cause holy crap he sounds a lot like Quinton Tarantino
In reply to
AG
Every time somebody talks about recent Star Wars News I'm always thinking, 'Yeah, Brian Earl Spilner, TCTTS and others on TexAgs told me about that two days ago'.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Really enjoyed listening to Ewan McGregor on Smartless this week. Sean Hayes' reaction to him coming on (2 of the 3 hosts don't know who the guest is until they turn on their Zoom feed) was basically what everyone here's reaction would be - freaking the eff out. Hayes is a huge SW fan.

Ewan talked a lot about his earliest acting days, including how he got Trainspotting, and the enormity of trying to decide whether to do the prequels or not. Uncle Wedge told him not to do it!

Also shared a great story about being Jiminy Cricket in Guillermo del Toro's new Pinocchio film and saying he thought he was having a meeting but they were actually going to do the voice recording, so he did it for like 20 minutes and then had to break down and tell GDT that he had no idea he was recording today.

That led Will ARnett to share that the same thing happened to him for Ratatouille and he just made the whole thing up without ever seeing the script and they loved it.

Really cool stuff about his motor bike documentaries as well.

https://www.smartless.com/

Also saw Bad Batch Season 2 is back on for September 28th, so there will be 2 SW series going simultaneously on D+ for the first time. If you haven't watched the trailer in a while, there are appearances from Palpatine, Mas Amedda, the Clone Commandos from the great game Republic Commando, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Gungi the Wookiee Padawan who appears to have survived Order 66, and based on the last part of the last episode, the secret imperial facility on Weyland (sp), which is a secret cloning facility in Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire series from the 1990s that introduced Thrawn, Joruus C'baoth, Mara Jade, Talon Kardde, and more.

jokershady
AG
I'm still calling my shot that we get the first "crossover" in terms of live action and animation with the Andor and Bad Batch timelines being relatively close where actions in one are being discussed in the other as they're happening with Sal Gurerra being the catalyst for it
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

I'm still calling my shot that we get the first "crossover" in terms of live action and animation with the Andor and Bad Batch timelines being relatively close where actions in one are being discussed in the other as they're happening with Sal Gurerra being the catalyst for it
Are their timelines that close? Andor takes place in 5 BBY. The first season of Bad Batch was immediate after ROTS (20 BBY). The girl clone looks the same age, so unless they skip way ahead, I don't think they are close enough for what you're talking about.
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

jokershady said:

Are their timelines that close? Andor takes place in 5 BBY. The first season of Bad Batch was immediate after ROTS (20 BBY). The girl clone looks the same age, so unless they skip way ahead, I don't think they are close enough for what you're talking about.
I didn't realize the timelines were about 15 years apart. Still could happen though. I'll give an example:

Say in Bad Batch we get a scene involving the start of the rebellion and we see a young Mon Mothma getting involved with Sal Guerrera......then later on in Andor we have Sal and Mothma referencing that very thing we just saw in Bad Batch.

Another example would be:

We see something happen to a Bad Batch character and their fate is left unknown. Then in Andor years later we see that character resurface and we learn what happened to them.

With the time gap we probably won't get what I had originally thought which is actions happening at the same time over both shows, but the idea overall I think would still be awesome because to my recollection we've never had 2 shows going on simultaneously that deal with the same general area of time within Star Wars....so to have the actions of one show get an immediate pay off with the actions of another show we're engaged in at the same time I think could be a lot of fun.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Maybe so! I'm always over for linking up plot lines and seeing old friends, long gone.

Maybe it's your auto-correct, but it is Saw Gerrera. I think Sal Guerera runs a taco truck in the Bronx.
jokershady
AG
You think that's bad….

Around when the Mandalorian came out was when I first saw people talking about years with regards to the Star Wars timeline with an acronym…

So for a good while I just blindly thought BBY stood for Before Baby Yoda…..not kidding…..

I mean it only makes sense right? We count time by the birth of baby Jesus so why not count Star Wars time by the single being that brought life back into the franchise?
maroon barchetta
jokershady said:

You think that's bad….

Around when the Mandalorian came out was when I first saw people talking about years with regards to the Star Wars timeline with an acronym…

So for a good while I just blindly thought BBY stood for Before Baby Yoda…..not kidding…..

I mean it only makes sense right? We count time by the birth of baby Jesus so why not count Star Wars time by the single being that brought life back into the franchise?

BBY doesn't mean Before Baby Yoda?
OnlyForNow
AG
Before Battle of Yavin.
The Porkchop Express
AG
In Marvel it means before Baba Yaga
maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express said:

In Marvel it means before Baba Yaga

That was a good restaurant before it burned.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Ch20C86AZ6G
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Oops
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://instagr.am/p/Ch20C86AZ6G
Just like Beggar's Canyon back home.
gougler08
AG
Rode Rise today which was awesome as always but best part was Rey interacting with my daughter (who doesn't like Star Wars at all) and then using her as a shield to hide from storm troopers walking around the park

I love the way the characters interact vs the standard wait in line stuff everywhere else
tamusc
AG
Here's the video on how they made the current version shown above. Looks like it still uses an external gas source (though even that's more compact than the old backpack solution they started with), but they've gotten the internals compact enough that they can fit into pretty standard sized replica hilts now.

jokershady
AG
Yeah the short video I posted does a REALLY good job of hiding that hip pack but still awesome how much they've shrunk it all down.

Really hoping they can solve the blade length issue next but lord knows what the solution is there….
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
I'm not some huge Disney park advocate, but the thing they excel at is taking the things that suck the most at other theme parks (ride lines, eating in the park, & waiting for the park to open) and making them fun.
First Page Last Page
Page 1144 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.