Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,639,643 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by TCTTS
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can think of a lot better things to spend my time on than watching a "making of" for a piece of crap.
TCTTS
AG
Experience Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return

The #DisneyPlusDay premiere of the behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of @ObiWanKenobi starts streaming September 8 on @DisneyPlus.

YouBet
AG
I might have to watch this just to see if they actually address #RunningGate.

I want to see the mental pretzeling they went through to get there.
Decay
AG
I'm in the opposite camp, I bet the documentary is fantastic and better than the dumb show
YouBet
AG
Decay said:

I'm in the opposite camp, I bet the documentary is fantastic and better than the dumb show
Ha. Not a high bar to clear. You may be right.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I can think of a lot better things to spend my time on than watching a "making of" for a piece of crap.

Is posting how you aren't going to watch it one of those things?
Life is better with a beagle
The Collective
AG
Filoni will probably save it with his explanation.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Is posting how you aren't going to watch it one of those things?

Knew this was coming.

And actually, yes. Yes it is.
jokershady
AG
Dadgummit I laughed way too hard at this post
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

jokershady
AG
Well….I guess that settles that….

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Experience Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return

The #DisneyPlusDay premiere of the behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of @ObiWanKenobi starts streaming September 8 on @DisneyPlus.

Yea, maybe not everything needs a making of.
Id be interested to see what actual thought that went into the show, but I imagine it will just concentrate on how 'special' the experience was.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I always enjoy making of stuff independently of how good or bad the final product is.

But I am very excited for this, especially seeing Ewan and Hayden's experience coming back to SW.
The Porkchop Express
AG
My felllow car-crash buddy from inside the house of Mouse says he's seen footage of Temeura Morrison as Rex for Ahoska's series
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I always enjoy making of stuff independently of how good or bad the final product is.

But I am very excited for this, especially seeing Ewan and Hayden's experience coming back to SW.
Personally I just want to see the panicked look on Ewan's face when he realizes the crew is not screwing with him and they're really about to shoot the scene where he hides sassy Leia under his Imperial trench coat and attempts to flee the underwater base.
jokershady
AG
Bad Batch 2 delayed….not sure how long but could just be the same as Andow and be a few weeks but no BB 2 on 9/28

jokershady
AG
20 seconds of HOLY CRAP JUST ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE REAL DEAL.....

redline248
AG
I assume they still need the huge pack and they have the fuel line running inside the sleeve
jokershady
AG
i saw on a video they posted about a year ago where the head guy was talking about future projects and one of them being a lightsaber where everything was sustained in the hilt of the saber....

hard to tell on this one but you dont see a thick cord coming out of the bottom like all their others so perhaps they've done it.....of course if that's the case it'll probably only run for as long as the video showed before it runs out of fuel....

the first retractable saber they built (proto-saber) i think they said could run non-stop for about 5 minutes before it would run out of fuel.
PatAg
AG
not the most enjoyable noise
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Getting warmer...

A force sensitive droid.

The Star Wars version of Pinocchio.

But what if, instead of a "real boy"... a droid wanted to be a Jedi? And what if, against all odds, that droid somehow eventually proved to be Force sensitive, despite the Jedi, save for one ostracized believer, thinking it was impossible? Droids, after all, have no blood, thus no midi-chlorians, thus they CAN'T become Jedi. Droids aren't alive. Which becomes the crux the entire movie is built on. However, in their rigid views, the Force, these Jedi might very well discover, works in mysterious ways...

TCTTS
AG
I may or may not be pitching this idea tomorrow to someone who's pitching ideas to Lucasfilm, who Lucasfilm wants to work with...
redline248
AG
Good luck.

By the way, force sensitive terminators would be worse than any sith
jokershady
AG

Seriously though that's awesome!

Now are we talking droids......or are we talking cyborgs.....cause there is a difference
jokershady
AG
and man....have to say i feel this incredibly amazing scene from Star Trek regarding Commander Data and if a robot/droid/android can be sentient and in tern alive or someone's property and interpreting that information is relatable in some way to this idea....

YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I may or may not be pitching this idea tomorrow to someone who's pitching ideas to Lucasfilm, who Lucasfilm wants to work with...
Will give you a discount if you decided to use me via my LLC in any capacity if you get the gig.

I'm really good at stuff!
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

I'm glad I could help
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

Now are we talking droids......or are we talking cyborgs.....cause there is a difference

Droid all the way, and that's the point. Not a cyborg.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

and man....have to say i feel this incredibly amazing scene from Star Trek regarding Commander Data and if a robot/droid/android can be sentient and in tern alive or someone's property and interpreting that information is relatable in some way to this idea....

Love this. Definitely the vibe I'd be going for.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

jokershady said:

Droid all the way, and that's the point. Not a cyborg.
With this one sentence it's already more believable that your droid has a soul than 10 yr old Leia could outrun a grown Jedi.
TCTTS
double aught
AG
jokershady said:

This episode was the first thing I thought of when I read TC's synopsis.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

That episode should have ended with Picard ordering Data to snap that d*bag's neck.
PatAg
AG
I would have loved to see Tarantino's Star Trek film that he has an idea for (maybe even a script)
First Page Last Page
Page 1140 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.