Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,904 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
israeliag said:

YouBet said:

Did we get any background on Rangers of the New Republic? I assume that is some special forces POV show?

It's not quite Army Ranger so much as Texas Ranger. I believe they pointed to the two X Wing pilots as examples. So maybe a buddy-cop show in space?
Maybe so. Maybe we will get the X-Wing version of the banana in a tailpipe.
israeliag
AG
As long as it's not Walker New Republic Ranger and no one gets space AIDS

Red Five
AG
redline248 said:

Given that the Hutts pretty much have Tatooine on lock down, and there is nothing there of use to the Empire, I think it's reasonable to assume Vader would have no interest in ever caring about going there again (or even thinking about it). Now, someone mentioned the new comics, so maybe he did go back for some reason....I have no idea. All that does, for me, is reinforce that the comics are fan-fic trash that have no respect for established lore. Like The Last Jedi.
Tatooine may have nothing of use to the Empire, but the Hutts control vast networks of illicit activity including spice smuggling and gun running. The Empire would certainly have interest in their activities and cause to deal with them. Vader is Palpatine's muscle. If he wants to lean on Jabba, he's not sending in that slapdick Admiral Motti.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Isn't she trying her best to get cancelled?
It's an interesting dilemma. She's very overweight but obviously not a SJW. Maybe those conditions are offsetting penalties and she's good
If she's very overweight then every person I know is morbidly obese.
redline248
AG
Yeah, she's like 5'8 150. So fat
IronRed13
AG
Think she qualifies as Thicc now. Not quite training like she was for UFC and American Gladiators!

YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

She's not 150 in this season. You serious, Clark?

When she was in peak fighting shape she was 140-150 based on her fight stats. She's a minimum 20 lbs over that right now and I would venture to say closer to 30 lbs. She's pushing 180-185 at 5'8.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

When she was in peak fighting shape she was 140-150 based on her fight stats. She's a minimum 20 lbs over that right now and I would venture to say closer to 30 lbs. She's pushing 180-185 at 5'8.
I mean, yeah probably, but even if she has gained that much I doubt the % of fat is very high.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I mean, yeah probably, but even if she has gained that much I doubt the % of fat is very high.
I would wager it's in the official obese category but let's not degrade this thread over this. My original response was a joke answer to Duncan's.
CoachRTM
AG
Calling Gina Carano fat is disingenuous or ignorant at best.

She's built like a fighter that doesn't have to cut weight anymore. She looks pretty close to what she did during her American Gladiator days.
Farmer1906
AG
Yall crazy. She looks good.
Duncan Idaho
Farmer1906 said:

True. She is an anti-science anti-democracy loon but she is doable.
jeffk
AG
Y'all have some issues.
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Didn't say she wasn't attractive. I think she's beautiful.
TexAgBolter
AG
Duncan Idaho
And to be clear she is perfect for the role and Disney would be stupid to get rid of her
LawHall88
AG
exitone said:

On the screen, they showed Indiana Jones. Was there an announcement about that?
Quote:

Harrison Ford will play Indiana Jones one last time

The fifth and final "Indiana Jones" film is officially in preproduction, and Harrison Ford will, of course, play the title role. The director of "Logan" and "Ford v Ferrari," James Mangold, will lead the project. Not much else is known about the film so far, other than that there will need to be a hat and a whip.
The new Indy film is set to reach theaters in July 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/movies/disney-marvel-star-wars-hayden-christensen-chadwick-boseman.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
Duncan Idaho
dromo07 said:

Can't wait for the volley ball scene on Tatooine

Do we know when this movie is set?

And someone racing down beggar's canyon following a t-16 on a swoopbike.
EarlyAg07
AG
israeliag said:

As long as it's not Walker New Republic Ranger and no one gets space AIDS

[img]<br />[/img]
Showed my wife this clip yesterday. She couldn't believe it was real.

Oh and I am all in for a Rogue Squadron movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank you Conan for the Walker Texas Ranger lever and introducing me to the above scene.
israeliag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

dromo07 said:

Can't wait for the volley ball scene on Tatooine

Do we know when this movie is set?

And someone racing down beggar's canyon following a t-16 on a swoopbike.

Negative Rogue Rider. Full, the pattern is.
Duncan Idaho
Well done
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.ign.com/articles/patty-jenkins-star-wars-rogue-squadron-movie-is-not-a-video-game-adaptation
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
It's always the last place you'd look
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ArmyAg2002
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/patty-jenkins-star-wars-rogue-squadron-movie-is-not-a-video-game-adaptation

Cautiously optimistic. Wonder Woman was good and her Dad earned the Silver Star in Vietnam as a Phantom pilot.
Ag Since 83
AG
Started to reread Rogue Squadron last night
TCTTS
AG
What era is Rogue Squadron? And what's the basic gist?
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

Basically end of ANH up through past the end of RotJ. It follows the pilots, mostly led by Wedge, and their part in the rebellion and afterwards.
TCTTS
AG
Ah, good to know. So, the movie could potentially be like a companion to the OT. Luke, Leia, and Han are over in their part of the galaxy doing what they were doing, while Rogue Squadron is fighting their fight against the Empire in a different part of the galaxy. And maybe events even cross paths here and there. Is that about right?

Either way, thanks for the explanation.
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

Ah, good to know. So, the movie could potentially be like a companion to the OT. Luke, Leia, and Han are over in their part of the galaxy doing what they were doing, while Rogue Squadron is fighting their fight against the Empire in a different part of the galaxy. And maybe events even cross paths here and there. Is that about right?

Either way, thanks for the explanation.
Exactly. In the video games, at least, Luke actually makes a few appearances, since he was still a rebel pilot throughout the OT. I imagine they'd move away from including him, probably bringing in a younger actor to portray Wedge, but my guess would be something in the same vein as Rogue One, where you potentially see some cameos through digitally enhanced actors.
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

First Page Last Page
Page 1002 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.