Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,949 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What about if they're living with your step brother?
Red Five
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Never really had a problem with putting Luke on Tattoine, Lucas already addressed this with the eloquent "I hate sand" line

The Vader comic established that he'll still go to Tatooine if he has business there, he'll just make sure to murder a sand people village while he's there so its both business and pleasure.

Quote:

Besides, take your last name and go find similar last named people in the next city over and let me know if they're related. Now multiply that out by a planet.
True, but Tatooine only has 3, maybe 4 settlements which are all sparsely populated. Plus Anakin has no father and his mother was a slave. Odds aren't high that there are other Skywalkers running around. And Luke is interested in joining the Imperial Navy, so its possible he might have had contact with recruitment officers, especially since several of his friends had already joined.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Dear White People is live action, and the showrunner of that is heading up Lando. Has to be live action.

That is going to trigger some snowflakes.
Duncan Idaho
I really wanted a Dr Aphra series.
Decay
AG
So is it "Star Wars Theme - Top Gun Remix" or "Top Gun Theme - Star Wars Remix"?

I'm picturing John Williams composing "Hanging With The Boys"
Red Five
AG
Hyperspaceway to the Danger Zone
redline248
AG
Given that the Hutts pretty much have Tatooine on lock down, and there is nothing there of use to the Empire, I think it's reasonable to assume Vader would have no interest in ever caring about going there again (or even thinking about it). Now, someone mentioned the new comics, so maybe he did go back for some reason....I have no idea. All that does, for me, is reinforce that the comics are fan-fic trash that have no respect for established lore. Like The Last Jedi.
jeffk
AG
Can't wait to see Order 66 play out from the Bad Batch's perspective.
israeliag
AG
Gotta imagine the Batch will cross path with Rex and try and free more Cloners of their chip, and maybe cross paths with Ahsoka.

But, they were pretty adolescent targeted in the episodes we've gotten with them, so not expecting anything too complicated or deep in the first season or two of that show.
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Dear White People is live action, and the showrunner of that is heading up Lando. Has to be live action.

That is going to trigger some snowflakes.
Already am. Pretty much ensures my fantasy of Lando having sex with R2 or BB8 as DOA since they are white robots. It also will show this directors discrimination against little robots.

Will boycott.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disney shareholders check in! $174 and climbing...

Yoda
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So they confirmed that Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Rangers of the New Republic will all cross over into one climactic event.

What are the chances they want to bring in Luke, but maybe thought it was too big a moment to have in just one series?

Any chance this "event" might be a full-length movie?
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So they confirmed that Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Rangers of the New Republic will all cross over into one climactic event.

What are the chances they want to bring in Luke, but maybe thought it was too big a moment to have in just one series?

Any chance this "event" might be a full-length movie?
Caught this as well, hopefully they got input from Feige (and not Kennedy) on how to come up with a story line before hand.
Duncan Idaho
my $590 gains from today should buy me a day at Batuu.

#smalltimelife
double aught
AG
So the only movie that was mentioned was Rogue Squadron?
Decay
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

my $590 gains from today should buy me a day at Batuu.

#smalltimelife
Blue milks for everyone! Grab a teat!
Gangnam Style
AG
double aught said:

Taika is also working on a film.
Duncan Idaho
Gangnam Style said:

double aught said:

Taika is also working on a film.

I am most excited about this
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Red Five said:

MuckRaker96 said:

At first blush, I find myself pretty wary of a show that reunites Vader and Kenobi at a 10-year interval between ROTS and ANH. Obi-Wan's mandate at the end of ROTS is clear - watching over Luke. Any sort of adventure off Tatooine puts that mission in serious jeopardy; anything that would bring Vader back to Tatooine likewise - Luke is 10 years old when this series is set.

About the only plot line that my feeble brain is willing to except at this point is Obi-Wan, upon realizing Anakin is still alive as Vader, gets some sort of communication from him and thinks he can still turn him back to the light, but it's a trap by Vader and Palps to lure the last of the Jedi - him and Yoda I would presume - out of hiding.

I know this is not now nor has it ever been canon, but in the EU Corran Horn rightly pointed out to Luke how idiotic it would be to hide the son of Vader on the planet Vader was born on and allow him to walk around using the name Skywalker. He theorized that Kenobi and Yoda wanted Vader to find out Luke was alive on Tatooine and use that as a trap to lure Vader out where they could deal with him. I always liked that theory. Although I guess based on Revenge of the Sith Luke would have been born and taken by Obi-wan at a point when Obi-wan believe Anakin was left for dead on Mustafar? I agree this showdown poses some problems from a lore perspective, but there are ways they can work around it I'm sure.
I think I would like something where Obi-Wan goes to Mos Eisley or whatever for supplies and tumbles to the fact and here's someone talking about Darth Vader, sees a news holo of him in action or something, and it's the first time he realizes "Holy Sith, Anakin is alive" and decides to try and "rescue him" back to the good side of things. Like he sees the chance to undo what was done and is a bit rash with it, to the point of deciding it's worth the risk to leave Tatooine.

It's not really the same thing, but the vibe it gives me is what happens in the Harry Potter novels when Dumbledore, obsessed with the Deathly Hallows as a young man, suddenly thinks he has all three in his possession later in life, and ends up getting cursed by the stone which ultimately leads to his demise. He sees the chance to correct the death of his sister and does something that he knows he shouldn't. The chance to pull Anakin back to the light would be enough of a risk for Obi-Wan to leave Tatooine I think.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Red Five said:

Hyperspaceway to the Danger Zone

Chipotlemonger
AG
Man, Rogue One is the freaking best.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Might have to watch it tonight after I watch Mando with the rest of my family and pretend I didn't already watch it at 2:03 a.m.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think Obi-Wan may visit Dagobah once. He may try (and fail) to commune with Qui-Gon, and in his desperation he goes to Yoda to train him further.

I know not everyone is thrilled about him leaving Tatooine, but man it would be cool to see Dagobah again.
Duncan Idaho
I kinda wish the Andor series would be on Hulu to let it be a more dark.
Duncan Idaho
I assume they are going to film this in the volume. If so, it is definitely going to be included
jokershady
AG
YouBet
AG
Did we get any background on Rangers of the New Republic? I assume that is some special forces POV show?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
I love this one....so good
Dro07
AG
Can't wait for the volley ball scene on Tatooine

Do we know when this movie is set?
YNWA_AG
AG
YouBet said:

Did we get any background on Rangers of the New Republic? I assume that is some special forces POV show?

Probably a cara dune spinoff since it is tied with mando
Duncan Idaho
Isn't she trying her best to get cancelled?
israeliag
AG
YouBet said:

It's not quite Army Ranger so much as Texas Ranger. I believe they pointed to the two X Wing pilots as examples. So maybe a buddy-cop show in space?
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Isn't she trying her best to get cancelled?
It's an interesting dilemma. She's very overweight but obviously not a SJW. Maybe those conditions are offsetting penalties and she's good?
First Page Last Page
Page 1001 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.