Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,322 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/kapcmg

1000, we did it y'all!

twilly
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Holy sh*t.

I... I actually kind of teared up at this?

That's pretty spectacular.
Ag Since 83
AG
Here's to another 1000 pages of repeating the prequel v sequel argument over and over
wangus12
AG
Red Five said:

Ag Since 83 said:

For the last 24 years this is the one thing I have truly wanted from Star Wars.
First series I read about SW. So pumped to see it come through. Curious who they'll cast as Wedge and Corran. Do we see Hobie lose limbs as is the Star Wars way?
Yoda
AG
Weesa free!!!

twilly
AG
Kind of a side note, but Disney announced that starting in March, Disney+ is increasing price to $7.99/month
LPHA
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Holy sh*t.

That's pretty spectacular.
wangus12
AG
Pop culture fans today

Ag Since 83
AG
jokershady said:

Someone help me on Rogue Squadron....the only thing from Star Wars with this title I'm familiar with is the N64 game which was pretty awesome.

I'm assuming this is a book series? How many books and this late in the game are they worth the read?
Michael Stackpole wrote the X-wing series (4 books starting with Rogue Squadron) in the 90s and it was great - my second favorite Legends book series after the Thrawn trilogy. It has some familiar characters like Wedge and small appearances by Luke and Leia, but largely follows new characters who are the new members of the squadron

Aaron Allston wrote more X-wing books which was a continuation with some of the same characters but I am less familiar with those
israeliag
AG
twilly said:

As garbage as the dialogue was, and as cringe as some of the performances were, I do think Ewan and Hayden's chemistry was pretty good.
ChipFTAC01
AG
How much of all of this do you think actually gets made?
wangus12
AG
With the current roll Disney is on, probably all of it.
redline248
AG
Looking at the image for Ahsoka more closely, I'm getting a serious Force time/space vibe

powerbelly
AG
twilly said:

Love this
Keegan99
AG
twilly said:

So Vader and Obi-Wan will meet between ROTS and ANH?

Wouldn't this change the context of the encounter on The Death Star a bit?
Yoda
AG
twilly
AG
Keegan99 said:

twilly said:

So Vader and Obi-Wan will meet between ROTS and ANH?

Wouldn't this change the context of the encounter on The Death Star a bit?
VADER
I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete.

When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.

BEN
Only a master of evil, Darth.

I think there's enough leeway in that dialogue to have them meet since Mustafar.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Vader, staring at the Millennium Falcon: "I sense something, a presence I've not felt since ..."
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Good call. In other words, Obi-Wan is still the master after their Disney+ encounter.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
The Jordan memes are going to be awesome for a long time
AgfromHOU
AG
And also still learning the dark side
Gangnam Style
AG
I need a nap after all of this...and a new Mando episode drops in a few hours!
israeliag
AG
Vader being a master now might also mean he has an apprentice... Maybe we get hints of that here?
Flashdiaz
AG
Hmmm Vader says when I left you.

On Mustufar, Obi Wan was the one that left Vader.... hmmm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
r/prequelmemes right now:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gangnam Style said:

I need a nap after all of this...and a new Mando episode drops in a few hours!

I forgot about Mando tomorrow.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
At first blush, I find myself pretty wary of a show that reunites Vader and Kenobi at a 10-year interval between ROTS and ANH. Obi-Wan's mandate at the end of ROTS is clear - watching over Luke. Any sort of adventure off Tatooine puts that mission in serious jeopardy; anything that would bring Vader back to Tatooine likewise - Luke is 10 years old when this series is set.

About the only plot line that my feeble brain is willing to except at this point is Obi-Wan, upon realizing Anakin is still alive as Vader, gets some sort of communication from him and thinks he can still turn him back to the light, but it's a trap by Vader and Palps to lure the last of the Jedi - him and Yoda I would presume - out of hiding.

TCTTS
AG
What if confronting Vader off-world somehow *is* Obi-Wan protecting Luke, in a way that makes sense in context?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Hmmm Vader says when I left you.

On Mustufar, Obi Wan was the one that left Vader.... hmmm
Or perhaps the "left you" statement refers to when Anakin went to the Dark Side while severing Mace Windu's arm. I'd think that would be a clear leaving his master moment.
Red Five
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

At first blush, I find myself pretty wary of a show that reunites Vader and Kenobi at a 10-year interval between ROTS and ANH. Obi-Wan's mandate at the end of ROTS is clear - watching over Luke. Any sort of adventure off Tatooine puts that mission in serious jeopardy; anything that would bring Vader back to Tatooine likewise - Luke is 10 years old when this series is set.

About the only plot line that my feeble brain is willing to except at this point is Obi-Wan, upon realizing Anakin is still alive as Vader, gets some sort of communication from him and thinks he can still turn him back to the light, but it's a trap by Vader and Palps to lure the last of the Jedi - him and Yoda I would presume - out of hiding.

I know this is not now nor has it ever been canon, but in the EU Corran Horn rightly pointed out to Luke how idiotic it would be to hide the son of Vader on the planet Vader was born on and allow him to walk around using the name Skywalker. He theorized that Kenobi and Yoda wanted Vader to find out Luke was alive on Tatooine and use that as a trap to lure Vader out where they could deal with him. I always liked that theory. Although I guess based on Revenge of the Sith Luke would have been born and taken by Obi-wan at a point when Obi-wan believe Anakin was left for dead on Mustafar? I agree this showdown poses some problems from a lore perspective, but there are ways they can work around it I'm sure.
Flashdiaz
AG
Never really had a problem with putting Luke on Tattoine, Lucas already addressed this with the eloquent "I hate sand" line

Besides, take your last name and go find similar last named people in the next city over and let me know if they're related. Now multiply that out by a planet.
YellowPot_97
AG
TCTTS said:

Holy sh*t.

Legit ****ing chills
First Page Last Page
Page 1000 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.