Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,245 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saxsoon said:

TonkaTruck said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/k33ylk/a_full_episode_of_star_wars_detours_has_leaked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

What in the world is this

The wiki article is buckwild

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Detours

Zach Levi, Weird Al, Donald Faison were on the project including Ahmad Best, Billy Dee, and Anthony Daniels. Oh and directed and voiced by Seth Green. Oh and other Seth Seth Mcfarlane voiced Obi Wan

39 episodes sitting on a shelf and never aired lol

Damn I hope this gets released!
TCTTS
AG

https://uproxx.com/movies/the-rise-of-skywalker-star-wars-prequels/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

A friend of mine always makes this great point about the Star Wars Prequels: If they had a different director, better acting, and better dialogue, they'd be pretty great.
I gotta ask my friends who wrote this and quoted me.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, it's as if this article was written specifically for you. I love it (and agree).
Ag Since 83
AG
What a compliment: if they had things that made movies good, they'd be good
Malachi Constant
AG
I love re-hashing this stuff from time to time.

The thing that was totally screwed up was there was absolutely no logical reason for Anakin Skywalker to go from "Hey Mace Windu, I don't think you should kill Sheev" to "I'm going to gleefully murder younglings at the Jedi temple"
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. There should have been an entire movie to get Anakin from bad to evil. In a perfect world, episode one isn't kid Anakin. Instead, the PT is three movies with the same actor as Anakin, and at the end of episode two he makes some kind of terrible choice, in cliffhanger fashion, and then episode three is getting him from that turn to truly evil.
israeliag
AG
Watching the prequels is more frustrating than anything else, as this article points out. It was all right there, so close to being truly great, yet fell so hard on it's face - it just needed someone to come in and do another draft or two of what Lucas handed over, and someone(s) else to direct. You don't need to change the story, or the characters, or the themes, or the motivations - those all work, and work really well, imo. A democracy that dies to thunderous applause; a well meaning, overpowered protagonist that falls for the false charm of a charismatic but secretly evil leader; a once stoic and good order that became blind to, and a puppet of, evil, due to it's hubris; clones vs droids; awesome villains. A true greek tragedy. Even a loveable goof in Jar Jar could have been tweaked with a simple punch up to be more the stand-in for the viewer to see how breath taking space wizards are to a layperson.
wangus12
AG
I will say I hit the Join Boarding Group right at 07:00:00 and we were in Group 37. We got called at to board around 12:15.

And I'll agree with Decoy, by far the best part of my day was pulling the handle to send the Falcon to light speed. Line was very efficient and since they were kept everyone separated we had the cockpit to ourselves. Wife shot down the idea to get back in line and be Gunners or Engineers.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
Back in the day, we used to buy the books . It was the Disney Bible.

Still use the website for planning.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness said:

Back in the day, we used to buy the books . It was the Disney Bible.

Still use the website for planning.
For me, back in the day included last year, having bought yet another Birnbaum's Walt Disney World books (I believe I have 4-5 of them still on my bookshelf). I did refer to it but not as religiously as in previous trips, so it's likely I won't bother with the book for any future trips.
redline248
AG
Random question: What would have been different about the Empire/Original Trilogy if Obi-Wan had just Force Pushed Vader into the lava after cutting off his limbs?
powerbelly
AG
redline248 said:

Random question: What would have been different about the Empire/Original Trilogy if Obi-Wan had just Force Pushed Vader into the lava after cutting off his limbs?
Luke doesn't have motivation to turn Sith apprentice, Sith apprentice doesn't turn on emperor to save Luke, and emperor doesn't "die". Empire continues to rule the galaxy.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Presumably the emporer would have just found another lackey to finish the job. It was post order 66 right, so the clone wars were over? Maybe the hiding jedi/resistance had a little better go of it with Darth not-Vader as the emporers attack dog rate than Vader?
redline248
AG
Luke may have never made it to the Death Star. Replacement apprentice might have just killed him in Cloud City.
Sex Panther
AG
Cool new vinyl release for Solo from Mondo dropping tomorrow

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

This is them all seeing the movie made $211 million.
TCTTS
AG
Awesome release for the third best Star Wars movie ever made.
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

Empire, Rogue One, Solo?
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

redline248
AG
The idea that he got his name from some random Imperial officer disallows it from being in the top 5
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

You too are a man of culture I see
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
the Emperor would have a fully limbed apprentice in Obi Wan. tossing a defenseless guy with no legs and arms into lava is pretty darkside stuff.
redline248
AG
Worse than leaving him there to die, suffering?
Flashdiaz
AG
he didn't kill him, but he doesn't have to save him either.

yes I just watched Batman Begins again.
maca1028
Finally started TCW, just about done with S2. Pretty good watch so far but damn there are a ton of episodes.
jokershady
AG
**** starts to get real in season 4 and season 5
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Somehow posted on the Marvel thread but not here.

My body is ready.
jokershady
AG
Don't fully get the time table with this post does this mean it'll be released in 2021 instead of 2022?
TCTTS
AG
MAYBE late 2021, but I'm still putting my money on a spring 2022 release.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
I just watched the Lego holiday special. Not too shabby. My favorite part was them keeping Finn's "REY!!" yell.
First Page Last Page
Page 994 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.