Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,387 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. TLJ has grown on me a bit (still plenty of things I don't like) but it's definitely better than TPM, AOTC, and ROTS
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger
Saxsoon
AG
There are dozens of us!
amercer
AG
Belton Ag said:

Yeah, as much as I hate the story, TLJ is a beautifully shot movie. It's so much easier to watch than any of the prequels .

I wish they had made a completely different movie, but everything after Rey gets to Snokes throne room is the best Star Wars since 1983.
TCTTS
wangus12
AG
Rise of the Resistance was legit
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
I hate giving the prequels any credit, but they are 67% better than the sequels. Even if mostly poorly acted, that poster about Anakin is friggin spot on.
canadiaggie
AG
edit: gifs from mobile are hard

Decay
AG
wangus12 said:

Rise of the Resistance was legit

Yeah got back a few days ago. What do you do when you have so many things you can do and a lot of time and money to do it?

You combine all sorts of different elements and make a wholly unique ride experience. I might have actually enjoyed Smuggler's Run more just because yeah it's the Falcon... But Rise of the Resistance just shows off what the mouse and Star Wars are capable of.
Decay
AG
Oh and the Blue Milk sucked but we kinda liked the green. Will try them with booze next time.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
When last I went to Disney World (Thanksgiving week 2019) ...
(a) I totally forgot about the blue/green milk (but did get the thermal detonator Coke)
(b) Rise of the Resistance was about 2 weeks from its opening, grrrrrr
(c) Wife ran her mouth while we were in the final queue for Smuggler's Run and said that sure, we'd join this group of 4 ahead of us, relegating us to the engineer seats when we would have been freaking pilots had she just kept her mouth shut ...
bluefire579
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

(a) I totally forgot about the blue/green milk (but did get the thermal detonator Coke)
(c) Wife ran her mouth while we were in the final queue for Smuggler's Run and said that sure, we'd join this group of 4 ahead of us, relegating us to the engineer seats when we would have been freaking pilots had she just kept her mouth shut ...
Sounds similar to my experience, except at Disneyland. We did drink the different milks, but were just short of Rise of the Resistance opening, and we got stuck on the falcon with someone who didn't seem to even realize it was interactive. The lightspeed jump went automatically with the woman not even bothering to pull the lever. I wanted to jump out of my seat when that happened.
Saxsoon
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I swear we probably overlapped trips
YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

That's divorce worthy.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
Decay said:

Oh and the Blue Milk sucked but we kinda liked the green. Will try them with booze next time.

Disagree. Blue milk was vaguely liked a Pina Colada mix. Green milk tasted like a smoothie from a Bath and Body Works.
Claude!
TCTTS said:

If I was stranded on a desert island, but was somehow given the choice to be stranded with either The Last Jedi or one of the prequels, I'm sorry, but it's The Last Jedi all day every day. I'm no TLJ apologist, but at least it *feels* like a real movie. I will never, ever understand the ROTS love. It's such a terrible movie on every level. Even the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight is bad and nothing more than CGI gobbledygook.
If I ever found myself in that situation with that choice to make, I'd do what Tom Hanks couldn't do in Castaway and hang myself.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YouBet said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

That's divorce worthy.
Oh, I'm going to keep her, but I've not let her forget this either.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I was the guy at Hollywood Studios wearing the maroon Texas A&M Football shirt.

edit to add - I did the Photopass thing, and stopped for my picture in front of the X-Wing; the gal who was running the camera there said "Gig 'Em Aggies" and introduced herself as a Class of '22 Ag.

Saxsoon
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Saxsoon said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I was the guy at Hollywood Studios wearing the maroon Texas A&M Football shirt.

edit to add - I did the Photopass thing, and stopped for my picture in front of the X-Wing; the gal who was running the camera there said "Gig 'Em Aggies" and introduced herself as a Class of '22 Ag.

Nice. I did the college program at Disney back in 09. It was always fun when aggies saw my name tag say Texas A&M. Got friendly heckled from some horns, raiders and baylols but it was in good fun usually
Decay
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness said:

Decay said:

Disagree. Blue milk was vaguely liked a Pina Colada mix. Green milk tasted like a smoothie from a Bath and Body Works.

That makes sense. I love pina coladas, heavy on the rum, sitting on a beach. Without the rum or ocean it probably just tasted funny...
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Some one play the Darth Vader theme when Vader died in Luke's arms at the end of ROTJ.

RIP.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

RIP
jokershady
AG
RIP

Can someone confirm a backstory on this guy that I've heard? Supposedly he never knew JEJ was going to be dubbing his voice over his because that was never the original plan until the powers to be realized very quickly that his voice was just terrible for the role.

And apparently he didn't discover this until the film premiered and he saw it live with the rest of the cast for the first time.

Any validity to this?
Ag Since 83
AG
I've heard that, and also that he claims he had been told his face and voice would be used at the end of ROTJ when they took Vader's helmet off, No idea the validity of it. The bridges were certainly burned between him and Lucasfilm in later years though

RIP
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Decay said:

Haven't tried green, but disagree on blue. I thought it was very light and fruity.
sburg2007
Amazon prime has a good documentary on him and the issues that were.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of Galaxy's Edge, will be visiting it around Christmas. Both my brother and I will be trying to grab RotR boarding passes right at 7 am, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up considering how hard they are to get.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Speaking of Galaxy's Edge, will be visiting it around Christmas. Both my brother and I will be trying to grab RotR boarding passes right at 7 am, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up considering how hard they are to get.
Christmas is the busiest time of the year. I suggest getting to the park at like 5am and waiting. We got there after 6 and didn't get passes. I think they even let people in a little earlier than the official open time.

edit: being a covid year, maybe the traffic will be lower than usual, but I wouldn't count on it
Decay
AG
My family had 7 riders and 4 of them got on our apps and at seven AM to snag our spots. It worked out fine, one person got them all, and we rode at about 10:30.

Agree with the above poster, you can always try to get in early. Also they open it up again for virtual queue at 2PM and if you got on in the morning you're not eligible to try again
TonkaTruck
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/k33ylk/a_full_episode_of_star_wars_detours_has_leaked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

What in the world is this
Saxsoon
AG
TonkaTruck said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/k33ylk/a_full_episode_of_star_wars_detours_has_leaked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

What in the world is this

The wiki article is buckwild

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Detours

Zach Levi, Weird Al, Donald Faison were on the project including Ahmad Best, Billy Dee, and Anthony Daniels. Oh and directed and voiced by Seth Green. Oh and other Seth Seth Mcfarlane voiced Obi Wan

39 episodes sitting on a shelf and never aired lol

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Christmas is the busiest time of the year. I suggest getting to the park at like 5am and waiting. We got there after 6 and didn't get passes. I think they even let people in a little earlier than the official open time.

edit: being a covid year, maybe the traffic will be lower than usual, but I wouldn't count on it
You have to sign up for Touring Plans to get the full scoop (although it's super worth it), but it gives you estimates on the crowd size for each day at each park and right now they are super low.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar
First Page Last Page
Page 993 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.