Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,102 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I was in 6th grade when Sith came out. We took a field trip to go watch it as a class because our teachers were huge Star Wars fans. We watched all of the others in release order during class in the lead-up to it.
I don't mean this to sound derogatory, but does stuff like this actually happen in public schools?

Pretty jealous, gotta say.
One day I walked into my Mgmt 363 class in the big lecture hall inside Blocker, say about 1988, and noticed a video projector set up. For some reason I thought, what are we watching, Aliens?

Lo and behold, we were watching Aliens. Holy crap, we watched a sci-fi classic. It was all the point out good vs bad forms of management, I believe, and there were even a few questions about the movie on the next exam.

I worked for a place called Icon Clinical Research for several years, starting in 2006. During my first couple of weeks, I was told to select a time period in which I would go to an off-site team building event to compete in a game of bowling. That was fun, but I was also told that the previous year, the team building event had been a trip to the nearby theater to see Revenge of the Sith.
Hagen95
AG
All we got to watch in my public school days were old film strips.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I was in 6th grade when Sith came out. We took a field trip to go watch it as a class because our teachers were huge Star Wars fans. We watched all of the others in release order during class in the lead-up to it.
This sort of thing doesn't really happen in schools now, does it?
JuliusCaesarAggie
I once watched The Man in the Iron Mask in Spanish class for a month my freshman year of HS. Our teacher had gotten told she wouldn't be back and was all out of f***s to give. We watched about 2/3 of it with Spanish audio until she finally stopped caring and played it in English. And because she paid no attention to where we finished each day, we just kept picking parts from the beginning to tell her as "where we finished." Seriously took two weeks before she caught on to what we were doing.
jbanda
AG
Empire on now on TNT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jr15aggie
AG
jbanda said:

Empire on now on TNT.

I was watching Jedi last night... Was really enjoying it too. But apparently it was an updated version which I haven't been privileged to see yet.

Vader saying "No... Noooooo" saving Luke is about the worst thing Lucas has ever done! I've always considered that one of my favorite Star Wars moments and for the love, Lucas butchered the hell out of it!
amercer
AG
Gotta love a leaked pic where the first line is "DONT LEAK THIS *****!!"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
3 days until trailer and tickets go on sale.

GET. HYPE.

SeattleAgJr
Ag Since 83
AG
Makes sense, given the reveal in Thrawn that he and Anakin crossed paths at some point
AliasMan02
AG
That final season of Clone Wars would have been epic. So far we know it would have included the following stories of note:

- Thrawn and Anakin's encounter
- Maul taking the reins on the criminal syndicates
- The Jedi Council attempt to assassinate Dooku with the help of Ventress
- Ahsoka's assault on Maul with the help of part of the 501st and her facing Rex during Order 66 - this would have been the greatest arc
- The "kidnapping" of Palpatine that led into RotS
redline248
AG
I still love the animated Clone Wars episode of Greivous kidnapping Palps.
Smokedraw01
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

This sort of thing doesn't really happen in schools now, does it?

It depends but it shouldn't be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got an alert on my phone via the Regal app that tickets go on sale tomorrow.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Trailer drop tomorrow?
Ag Since 83
AG
Yep. ESPN's advertising it for Monday Night Football. Probably halftime again, I'd assume
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got excited for a second when I saw showtimes listed for TLJ and got as far as the ticket price page. Then I got the "tickets not yet on sale" message.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got an alert on my phone via the Regal app that tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Hmm... I wonder how the app will handle bandwidth vs their website...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it's anything like 2015, the app will fare better. That's where I'll be heading this time.
Farmer1906
AG
Do we know a time?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Halftime is most likely. What would that be, maybe 8:30 CT?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Closer to 9 I'd bet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's trailer / tickets day!!!
The Collective
AG
For TFA, several theaters opened up ticket sales at 7.
Ag Since 83
AG
Finally finished Phasma. After 300 pages of boredom as the characters roam around a desolate wasteland, the last 80 pages or so were actually interesting

I'm moving on to the Certain Point of View anthology book next
AliasMan02
AG
I'm in the middle of Phasma (audiobook) and am really enjoying it. Major kudos to Lucasfilm for taking some chances on some very different types of stories and narrative structures. Not my favorite but definitely not the worst.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Finally finished Phasma. After 300 pages of boredom as the characters roam around a desolate wasteland, the last 80 pages or so were actually interesting

I'm moving on to the Certain Point of View anthology book next
So far Certain Point of View is a complete waste. It tells meaningless characters point of view during critical situations. Tons of easter eggs, but I just can't get into it.
redline248
AG
Lucasfilm knows nothing if not how to milk every last penny out of fans
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

My God.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!

that was DAAAAARRRRKKKKK!!!!!!

I loved it.

Lotsa Luke....Leia with a couple of deadly serious looks.....

Great battle scenes.

Damn I had goosebumps!!!!!!

(PS - don't think Rey was talking to Kyloe there at the end....but they made it look that way for sure....hmmmm)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
fig96
AG
Tickets purchased for a Sunday Alamo Drafthouse showing along with all three available pint glasses.

I've skipped the trailer so far as Rian Johnson recommended skipping it because it showed too much. Thoughts?
redline248
AG
He back tracked and said watch it
First Page Last Page
Page 621 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.