Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,890,914 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by TCTTS
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So nerdy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Awesome.
jorgerr96
https://instagr.am/p/BS6m-SjDxkz
https://instagr.am/p/BS6msNVjaf_
https://instagr.am/p/BS6TD95jq1T
https://instagr.am/p/BS4gEkMDZA1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4LMLqDSW8/https://www.instagram.com/p/BS35MrfDW4B/
https://instagr.am/p/BS3wmvwjH9I
https://instagr.am/p/BS33TXzDXGR

That was a hectic con for autograph/photo op seekers. Topps dropped the ball. Heard from some con sources that there's plenty of pissed of actors.

Overall a really good show. Not gonna lie, liked Anaheim more but the Orlando Convention Center is way bigger.
Ag Since 83
AG
I too liked Anaheim more...seemed much more organized, plus I think their big stage was bigger so more people got to see the big panels

MandoArms
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Awesome.
This made my day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching the Mark Hamill panel, and his voice is 60% gone, yet he's still going. Pretty sure he won't stop until he's completely worn out his vocal chords.

You gotta love Mark. He has a devotion to fans like no one else.
SeattleAgJr
Ag Since 83 said:

Which brings us to Rebels/Rogue One/A New Hope. Thrawn is a pretty big threat to the fledgling Rebel Alliance in Rebels, and A New Hope's opening crawl makes it clear that Scarif is the first major victory for the Alliance. Now, if the Rebels defeat Thrawn before Scarif that's a bit of a contradiction. So, I think we have the following options.

• They defeat Thrawn pre-Scarif and pretend like it doesn't contradict the "first major victory" thing
  • Thrawn is killed but not by the Rebels (hey, they are introducing Rukh)
  • Rebels ends at Scarif and the Chimaera is one of the Star Destroyers destroyed at the battle (plausible, and I think it's likely Scarif is in the final season of Rebels)
  • Scarif happens before the end of the season and then Thrawn is defeated after Scarif (unlikely given the Kanan/Ezra last Jedi bit....although would we actually contradict anything as long as they are out of the picture before the events of ROTJ?)
  • Thrawn survives the series, in which case we are left with a "well where was he during the original trilogy?" question. You either retcon something like the Chimaera being destroyed at Endor, or you are left with the possibility of more Thrawn story to tell

They will NOT end the show with the Battle of Scarif; it will end before that point.

Scarif is relevant to the larger story, it is not the way to close out the Rebels storyline.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Seems like Temura and Hayden are pretty personable. I may knock the prequels a good bit, but looks like Hayden is enjoying the fanbase.
MandoArms
Did I miss the Obi Wan film announcement??
SeattleAgJr
BrownCoat said:

Did I miss the Obi Wan film announcement??
That was not the film announcement you were looking for.

Move along.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're probably waiting till Celebration 2018, since he'll likely appear in TLJ when he reveals Rey's true lineage to her.

Rey is a Kenobi. Calling my shot now.
The Collective
AG
Next Celebration is 2019.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fine, D23.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They're probably waiting till Celebration 2018, since he'll likely appear in TLJ when he reveals Rey's true lineage to her.

Rey is a Kenobi. Calling my shot now.
So then we'll be left with the question, who is/was her mother? Perhaps then she sets out on a quest to find her mom, who turns out to be Captain Phasma?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was gonna say Jyn Erso, but then I remembered she died.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Buffy is still hot. What Star wars is she it? Han solo?
AliasMan02
AG
Brennus said:

Buffy is still hot. What Star wars is she it? Han solo?

She was in Season 2 of Rebels.
3rdGen2015
AG
I just got an email about Audible books being 50% off. I haven't read/listened to any of the new canon. What should I get?
redline248
AG
I started with Ahsoka, and liked it. I'm currently on Bloodline and I'm pretty bored. Lots of political stuff reminiscent of the prequels in the first 6 chapters (so far).
AliasMan02
AG
I view the Aftermath books as the "core" EU books.

Tarkin is really good if you're an OT fan. Lots of great insight into the Empire. Lords of the Sith as well but it's a step down.

A New Dawn is good especially if you're a Rebels fan. Ahsoka if you're a Rebels/Clone War fan.

Bloodline is House of Cards in space, kinda. Good for fans of TFA and I think will play some into TLJ.

Lost Stars and Twilight Company both cruise through a lot of territory in the OT.
Malachi Constant
AG
So... when can we expect the next trailer? (Christmas is a long long way away...)
wangus12
AG
October
TCTTS
AG
Both TFA and Rogue One had three main trailers each. The difference, however, was that TFA's trailers were spread out over 13 months. Rogue One's window was much shorter, with a teaser trailer mid-April, a second teaser trailer in August, and then a final trailer October. So, if TLJ sticks to that same schedule, we can expect a second trailer in August as well. That said, I have a hunch TLJ won't do an August trailer - it just feels too soon considering what we just got. My guess is that we'll get some kind of behind-the-scenes featurette in July at D23, with a few new shots of footage, and that'll be enough to tide us over 'til October, when we get the full trailer.
TCTTS
AG
I've never been a big theme park guy - I've never even been to Disney World or Disney Land - but my nephews will be right around the right age once this is complete, and I kind of can't wait to take them here...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Star Tours ride at Disney World is actually pretty cool. It was also neat to be at Hollywood Studios for "Star Wars Day" seeing characters walking around -- stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Chewie, etc. Although I felt a bit sorry for them considering it was late May and freaking hot, but I guess that's little different than Mickey Mouse et al.
Sex Panther
AG
That may be the only thing that convinces me to have kids
amercer
AG
Even on normal days it's 90% percent Star Wars now. We were there in November and they had the First Order marching in every half hour, Chewy walking around, my kids did the the whole Jedi training thing, etc.

I heard a rumor at one point that Disney was going to completely redo Hollywood Studios to make it half marvel, half Star Wars. Currently I think it's their least popular park.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doesn't Universal own the rights to Marvel characters as far as theme parks?
Ag Since 83
AG
Interesting that Ewan was absent from the 40th anniversary panel, not even sending a video like SLJ or Nelson. Some held out hope that meant he would be a surprise guest later in the weekend for the big announcement, but no...
caleblyn
amercer said:

Even on normal days it's 90% percent Star Wars now. We were there in November and they had the First Order marching in every half hour, Chewy walking around, my kids did the the whole Jedi training thing, etc.

I heard a rumor at one point that Disney was going to completely redo Hollywood Studios to make it half marvel, half Star Wars. Currently I think it's their least popular park.
We were just there and yes, it is very Star Wars focused. A couple stories...

After the Star Tours ride, they dump you into the gift shop. We were doing a child swap and my wife and daughter went on the next ride while my two boys and I hung out in the gift shop. I found myself lured to the light-saber building area. We did not purchase one but it was very fun watching the kids walk through and build the saber of their choice. I was very excited for one child in particular. She was handicapped, physically and mentally, but I could tell she knew Star Wars and especially knew who Rey was. She pointed at Rey's saber in the display case and the workers began helping her build that saber. Her excitement was a great memory.

Second, we have a Disney Chase credit card which allows for certain perks at the parks. One of those is that each park has a special character meet-and-greet. We went to an area that used to be the Art of Animation but is now a Star Wars memorabilia area where there are MANY characters walking around. Anyhow, our special spot to do our meet-and-greet was in this building. We walked down a narrow hallway to a 90-degree turn where there was a worker that verified that we actually owned a Disney Chase card. After verifying she told us to, "wait right here," and she disappeared around the corner. I looked back at my wife because this was kind of odd and then the look on my kids faces was priceless. There eyes about popped out there head and I could have easily stuffed a watermelon into the gaping mouths before me. I turned back around and Kylo Ren is standing there. I am 42 years old but I have to be honest...I think I might have peed a little. He said that the lady needed him to check my credit card which I obliged. We walked around the corner to an open area where we took photos. I wish that he could have been a little less in-character but it was still pretty fun!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
caleblyn said:

Second, we have a Disney Chase credit card which allows for certain perks at the parks. One of those is that each park has a special character meet-and-greet. We went to an area that used to be the Art of Animation but is now a Star Wars memorabilia area where there are MANY characters walking around. Anyhow, our special spot to do our meet-and-greet was in this building. We walked down a narrow hallway to a 90-degree turn where there was a worker that verified that we actually owned a Disney Chase card. After verifying she told us to, "wait right here," and she disappeared around the corner. I looked back at my wife because this was kind of odd and then the look on my kids faces was priceless. There eyes about popped out there head and I could have easily stuffed a watermelon into the gaping mouths before me. I turned back around and Kylo Ren is standing there. I am 42 years old but I have to be honest...I think I might have peed a little. He said that the lady needed him to check my credit card which I obliged. We walked around the corner to an open area where we took photos. I wish that he could have been a little less in-character but it was still pretty fun!
That is cool! We have that same credit card but last time we did this photo, it was at Epcot and I believe our surprise character was Minnie Mouse. Thrilled my girls but back then they were not doing this at Hollywood Studios. So I will certainly look for this in a couple of years when we go back to Disney World.
OnlyForNow
AG
Sounds like it's worth a one time price to get this card if I'm gonna go?

What's the annual fee?
Ag Since 83
AG
The Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios has BB-8 now (I think they said he was new last week).
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Sounds like it's worth a one time price to get this card if I'm gonna go?

What's the annual fee?
I don't believe I am paying any annual fee. You get Disney reward dollars that can be used for anything Disney; last trip out there I paid for tickets for the four of us to do the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, where they shut down the park to all but those who have paid for tickets to that event, everything is open and operating as normal, crowd is a bit less and lines are generally shorter with everyone seemingly choosing to watch the parade. Gonna do that again next time.
First Page Last Page
Page 582 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.