Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,514 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He won't like it. He will love it.
wangus12
AG
Kicked ass. Very very good. If they can make all the anthology films that well, we are set for an MCU like output of movies
Duncan Idaho
stolen from reddit but i love this idea

A remake of "Apocalypse Now" set in the Star Wars universe, where a team of stormtroopers has to go take out an insane Sith Lord living with the Ewoks on Endor.
MandoArms
He will like it and he will probably recognize more things then you. Do yourself a favor and watch a New Hope prior to going to see Rogue One. It will help you catch more of the references and Easter Eggs.
spanky
AG
I'm happy. Solid ending
Ag Since 83
AG
Amazing film. Easily better than the prequels (not hard I know), ROTJ, and Force Awakens
FancyKetchup14
AG
Is it worth it to see it in IMAX 3D?
Ag Since 83
AG
I saw it in 2D in a AMC Dolby theater and it was great. I can't imagine IMAX 3D being that much better
wangus12
AG
I'd like IMAX, but 3D isn't necessary
Ag Since 83
AG
I would just make sure whatever setting you see it in has a good sound system...if the theater is showing it on multiple screens don't go to one of the smaller ones
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I saw it in 3D and it was great.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Ok good to know. The AMC I typically go to has a Dolby theatre and I'll probably just watch it in there. I hate 3D and don't watch it unless I have to.
Farmer1906
AG
I love 3D but don't feel like seeing this one in 3D is a must.
Jim01
AG
Don't do 3D. Brought nothing to the film and even took away from it for me, as the glasses bothered me and I think it tends to make things look a bit weird and there is a character who looks unreal/fake enough as it is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't control myself. I may have to go watch it again tonight.
The Collective
AG
My wife told me that I have to take our son. lol, well, ok!
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

My wife told me that I have to take our son. lol, well, ok!

you should have gone last night without the child to preview the movie to make sure it was suitable for your child like a good father would have.

I didn't either but I will not make that mistake again.
AggieChemist
AG
Today is my son's 7th birthday. I'm taking the afternoon off and pulling him out of school at 1:30.
The Collective
AG
I took my wife last night. That's why she declared I should take him.
Hagen95
AG
Have to wait until tomorrow to take all the kids.
boogieman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can't control myself. I may have to go watch it again tonight.

I want to go again Sunday and get the poster amc IMAX is giving away.
Ag Since 83
AG
After the movie last night as we were exiting the theater, a father and son (probably late elementary to middle school age) were walking by us and the kid said he wanted to go home and watch Episode IV straight away. Dad laughed and said he'd let him stay up late enough, but he should feel very special because he was probably the only one in his class who got to see it opening night.

People with kids, good luck navigating the "is this movie too dark for my kids" mind field. I honestly have no idea what age is too young.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

After the movie last night as we were exiting the theater, a father and son (probably late elementary to middle school age) were walking by us and the kid said he wanted to go home and watch Episode IV straight away. Dad laughed and said he'd let him stay up late enough, but he should feel very special because he was probably the only one in his class who got to see it opening night.

People with kids, good luck navigating the "is this movie too dark for my kids" mind field. I honestly have no idea what age is too young.
I was going to ask what people thought about what ages to bring, then I decided it wouldn't matter. They're going to see it and they're going to like it.
The Collective
AG
I think my kid is too young. My wife's argument to me last night was he won't process all of it & the battles are what is he creating in his mind all day long anyway. I'm still debating it in my head.
Jim01
AG
I have a 8, 6, and 4 yr old and was wondering that too. There is definitely a lot of killing in this one, but it's Star Wars killing (aka no blood or gore at all, just a blaster noise and someone falls down).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How old is he?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AggieChemist said:

Today is my son's 7th birthday. I'm taking the afternoon off and pulling him out of school at 1:30.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Estimating $30M+ for Thursday night.
Jim01
AG
My showing at 8:00 last night in south suburb of Houston was probably 75% full or so. Not as full as the opening night TFA showing that I saw at the same theater and at the same time.

Also, the theater I saw it in broke out in applause at the credits. Anyone else?
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Estimating $30M+ for Thursday night.
So only 27 M short of TFA and well short of HP Deathly Hallows 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Small bit of applause. One guy yelled WOOOOO! as soon as it cut to credits.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

at TFA, some guy yelled "I got a boner!"
Sex Panther
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

at TFA, some guy yelled "I got a boner!"

You saw it with Spilner?
Silvertaps
AG
I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon. I'm still wishing they hadn't revealed the father/daughter element in the trailers...makes me guess what direction parts of the movie will move.
Ag Since 83
AG
Pretty good amount of applause last night. As we were getting up the guy behind us said "well I think we all need a cigarette after that"
First Page Last Page
Page 522 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.