Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,165 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, someone refresh my memory. When the hell does Plasma get off Starkiller Base?

That scene is the last we see of her, correct?

Edit: Heh, Plasma. Brain fart. Leaving that in.
The Collective
AG
Maybe Hux has to pick her up as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From the trash compactor?
The Collective
AG
They left out the part where Snoke told Hux to pick up the androgynous captain from the waste bin. Just wait for the special edition release.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I got 7:25 PM tomorrow at Cinemark 12 in Cypress... with the family... in 2D

My next viewing I am up to go wherever the best screen is available... any Houston takers? Suggestions on best screen?

FYI, if you haven't been - the Cinemark 19 at I-10 and the Grand Parkway is a "Luxury" theater - the seats are all powered leather recliners with raise-able arm rests - they essentially let you lay down like you are on a love seat in your own home with your feet up. Also there is a mini-wall between each row so you do not see the heads of people in front of view. Perfect sight lines for movie viewing.
Sex Panther
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Sex Panther said:

bobinator said:

Yeah, and most of those things I'm like "Eh, it's fine. I get it, but it's fine." I watched TFA again the other day and I still like it, but the Phasma thing was just odd.

What's the Phasma thing?
Finn: disable the shields protecting the planet, the new super weapon and a crap top of first order personnel including us.
Phasma; no
Finn: do it or i'll hit you
Phasma: ok, but you're not getting away with this.

Well I mean she is a woman
MGS
CJS4715 said:

They left out the part where Snoke told Hux to pick up the androgynous captain from the waste bin. Just wait for the special edition release.
Actually, she managed to survive the explosion by hiding in an old fridge she found in the waste bin.
Zemira
AG
I really want to see today or tomorrow but I have 10:30 am tickets to see it Saturday with the whole family. And then lunch and birthday celebration for my nephew.

My nephew is in love with Star Wars.
Rex Racer
AG
My wife and I will be watching a Cinemark XD 2D showing at 9:30 AM on Saturday here in good ol' College Station. Can't wait!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

My next viewing I am up to go wherever the best screen is available... any Houston takers? Suggestions on best screen?

FYI, if you haven't been - the Cinemark 19 at I-10 and the Grand Parkway is a "Luxury" theater - the seats are all powered leather recliners with raise-able arm rests - they essentially let you lay down like you are on a love seat in your own home with your feet up. Also there is a mini-wall between each row so you do not see the heads of people in front of view. Perfect sight lines for movie viewing.
And there is roughly 20 seats in each auditorium. While I like the comfy seats, I think the concept is a bad economic concept, which of course translates to a higher ticket price. And now the AMC at Katy Mills is doing the same thing.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I have tickets tomorrow with my family at 4:45. 2D showing for us.

I watched Empire this morning and noted the use of "Rogue" in the call-signs for the snowspeeder pilots. I checked out IMDB and did not see a "Rogue One" but there was a "Rogue Two" (Hobbie) and "Rogue Three" (Wedge). Wonder if that is connected somehow?
TCTTS
AG
Not seeing it 'til Saturday evening, but can't wait to read everyone's reactions tonight.
dave99ag
AG
Brother-in-law has an extra ticket for this evening in Houston. As of now, can't find a baby sitter.
Duncan Idaho
dave99ag said:

Brother-in-law has an extra ticket for this evening in Houston. As of now, can't find a baby sitter.

You didn't crate train the kids?
Farmer1906
AG
Tonight 7pm IMAX 3D - Edwards Marq'e Houston
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Leave him in the car.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of the better IMAX screens out there.
dave99ag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

dave99ag said:

You didn't crate train the kids?
He's only 8 months old, so still working on it. I can probably give him a handful of puffs to tide him over.
The Collective
AG
Well, the Cinemark I go to has the powered recliner, reserved seating in all auditoriums. Right now, their regular theaters are showing the movie tonight for $9.15/adult, $5.30/child-student. That doesn't seem too ridiculous - maybe the pricing is low since today is technically a weekday (?). My seats for the XD screen were $11.15/ticket.

I have an offhand question. Who buys front row seats for a reserved seating movie? Do people really enjoy it or do they have such a need to make the first showing that they don't care.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

And there is roughly 20 seats in each auditorium. While I like the comfy seats, I think the concept is a bad economic concept, which of course translates to a higher ticket price. And now the AMC at Katy Mills is doing the same thing.
There are probably 200 seats; and yes they cost around $12 per - and t hey do offer assigned seats so you can pick out your seats way in advance.
wangus12
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

There are probably 200 seats; and yes they cost around $12 per - and t hey do offer assigned seats so you can pick out your seats way in advance.
Thats what my Cinemark has done. Recliner seats with a divider between most rows
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Older theaters need to do something to compete. Sure it's cutting down on capacity but what does capacity mean if people don't want to go to an old theater.

I bet you're going tomorrow to one of those shiny new Palladium theaters
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I can see the benefits (an I am sure they had bean counters and focus groups for this).

300 seats in a "normal" theater at $8 = $2,400 per show ; generic; non-competitive (i.e. no repeat customers)

OR

200 seats in a "luxury" theater at $12 = $2,400 per show; trying to give people what they want; entice repeat customers; etc.

Honestly, I like the concept alot, and if you don't there are options for you at other theaters... go to the Palladium instead.
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I watched Empire this morning and noted the use of "Rogue" in the call-signs for the snowspeeder pilots. I checked out IMDB and did not see a "Rogue One" but there was a "Rogue Two" (Hobbie) and "Rogue Three" (Wedge). Wonder if that is connected somehow?
I'm sure that they'll give it canonical explanation since we know from the trailer that Bodhi give the call sign as Rogue One for their ship. Luke IIRC was explained to be the Squadron Leader in ESB, or it is assumed as such.

Though, I think that ESB is the only mention of squadron in film, but R1 was mentioned in TFA an I think we assume that means Rogue Leader. Wedge and Luke were both in Red Squadron in IV, Rogue Squadron in ESB, and Wedge is in charge of Red Squadron in ROTJ from what I remember.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

perfect... i can be 20 minutes late with my reserved seats.
The Collective
AG
I plan on booing the hell out of what they suggest with Optimus Prime (though, I realize things are probably not as they seem).
wangus12
AG
**** I'll have to watch F8te again
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, not all trailers will be with every showing. I bet most of us get a combination of three or four of those, with some older trailers scattered in as well.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm sure that they'll give it canonical explanation since we know from the trailer that Bodhi give the call sign as Rogue One for their ship. Luke IIRC was explained to be the Squadron Leader in ESB, or it is assumed as such.

Though, I think that ESB is the only mention of squadron in film, but R1 was mentioned in TFA an I think we assume that means Rogue Leader. Wedge and Luke were both in Red Squadron in IV, Rogue Squadron in ESB, and Wedge is in charge of Red Squadron in ROTJ from what I remember.
Luke was Rogue Leader at Echo Base according to Canon:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_Leader

The X-Wing books pass on the tradition (but they are no longer Canon; now "Legends")
  • Wedge Antilles (0 ABY)
  • Luke Skywalker (34 ABY)
  • Wedge Antilles (4 ABY, 6.57 ABY)
  • Derek Klivian (7 ABY)
  • Tycho Celchu (7 ABY)
  • Wedge Antilles (7.59 ABY)
  • Tycho Celchu (1018 ABY)
  • Wedge Antilles (1819 ABY)
  • Tycho Celchu (19 ABY)
  • Gavin Darklighter (1928 ABY)
  • Corran Horn (28 ABY)
  • Gavin Darklighter (2830 ABY)
  • Jaina Solo (40 ABY)
Farmer1906
AG
Who are you to question some random tweet I found?
TCTTS
AG
Just clarifying what "attached" means. Yes, all those trailers debuted this week to play with Rogue One. But the theater is the one who ultimately decides what trailers play with what showings, and most theaters don't play six trailers before a movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggie1906 said:

Meh. Nothing new.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've done zero work since lunch...
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 520 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.