Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,365 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like they're recording some music for Episode VIII teaser trailers. Potentially a Christmas day release?
Quote:

According to Scoringsessions.com, John Williams has begun scoring Star Wars: Episode VIII today. It looks like he is recording the bulk of the score in the spring, however. With Williams starting this early, he could be scoring the music to the first trailer right now.
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/john-williams-starts-scoring-star-wars-episode-viii-today/
Flashdiaz
AG
I would think they'd let Rogue One have the spotlight to maximize prophet.

Perhaps a SuperBowl release
3rdGen2015
AG
boogieman
AG
I won't be able to unsee Han's pointing now.
TCTTS
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Sounds like they're recording some music for Episode VIII teaser trailers. Potentially a Christmas day release?
Quote:

According to Scoringsessions.com, John Williams has begun scoring Star Wars: Episode VIII today. It looks like he is recording the bulk of the score in the spring, however. With Williams starting this early, he could be scoring the music to the first trailer right now.
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/john-williams-starts-scoring-star-wars-episode-viii-today/
Very, very interesting. Pretty sure Williams did the same thing a few weeks before the very first TFA teaser was released in November 2014.
Ag Since 83
AG
Just dropped in to make sure someone posted the Empire honest trailer. Fantastic!
gougler08
AG
Losing a fight to slow moving furniture
MSFC Aggie
AG
Three Seepio
The Collective
AG
So, how many trailers are we going to have to endure tomorrow night?
wangus12
AG
CJS4715 said:

So, how many trailers are we going to have to endure tomorrow night?
I'll say 5
Flashdiaz
AG
5 too many
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was honestly curious how they'd come up with any knocks on ESB.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's Star Wars day!

Reminder: Feel free to post general, spoiler-free thoughts in here, but spoiler-heavy discussion should go on the Rogue One thread.

Thanks, gig 'em, and may the force be with you.
The Collective
AG
So, the Ticket in Dallas did about 2.5 hours of Rogue One pregame last night on the radio. I caught a bit of it, one segment being some crazy ass theories for Episode VIII. One guy suggested the idea of Finn really being a bad guy (perhaps not being able to control it). I was getting out of the car when they started discussing it, so I didn't get to hear the reasoning behind his theory. Giving it some thought last night, I suppose it could be possible to somehow revert him back using some kind of technique that calls back to his training / brainwashing (maybe Phasma can achieve this) and force Finn to turn on the Resistance. Thoughts?
Prophet00
AG
10:30 showing at the Silverado in Tomball. 2D AVX, cannot wait!
Duncan Idaho
I'd be disappointed if Finn wasn't torn. He was born into and raise to be a part of the first order.

What he saw in TFa wasn't enough t break that
bobinator
AG
Like, maybe theoretically they could "Order 66" Finn?

Only problem is that if Finn can be controlled by someone in the First Order, it makes a lot of what happened in Episode VII pointless. I mean it's basically Finn's fault that Starkiller Base got blown up. If Phasma could control Finn somehow, that seems like it would have been a good time for that.

I will say though, that scene still bugs me. After everyone's thinkpieces about thinkpieces inside of other thinkpieces about TFA, the scene where Phasma basically gives them what they want IMMEDIATELY bugs me.
Duncan Idaho
You ain't alone
The Collective
AG
There are a lot of things that happen too easily in TFA out of plot convenience and perhaps time constraint. It will be interesting to see what happens in VIII to chip away at little TFA annoyances even more. Given that, I still expect VIII will also strengthen TFA, so it will be a net positive to that film in the end. We will see... expectations are high for VIII from many corners that I almost feel bad for Rian Johnson.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, and most of those things I'm like "Eh, it's fine. I get it, but it's fine." I watched TFA again the other day and I still like it, but the Phasma thing was just odd.
FincAggie06
AG
4:05pm Friday at the new Bob Bullock IMAX with Laser Tech.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Great story.
really great story. Thanks
MandoArms
Leaving work at 330, gym, shower, dinner at flying saucer hen walking across the street at 7 for my showing at AMC 9 in Fort Worth
bobinator
AG
I'm going at 10:20 PM tomorrow night at the Marq*E in Houston. I'm hoping we get the Dunkirk prologue even though we're seeing it in IMAX3D
The Collective
AG
Guess plan should be posted here instead of spoiler thread, so....

Me - work until about 1, pickup kids from school, deliver kids to my mom (no rule 1), go drink / hangout with wife (no rule 1), head to theater. Cinemark XD (2D reserved), 7 pm, Fort Worth.
Malachi Constant
AG
Sunday night. Studio movie grill. Alone.
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, and most of those things I'm like "Eh, it's fine. I get it, but it's fine." I watched TFA again the other day and I still like it, but the Phasma thing was just odd.
Honestly, the more I 'think" about TFA the less I like it. And I don't want be "that guy" so I am just staying cautiously optimistic that Ep VIII is a better written, more original, continuation of the story.

I am really hoping R1 delivers and from the tweets I have read I think it does. I have always been more interested and invested in the Star Wars universe than the saga of the Skywalkers and the Jedi/Sith thing.

bobinator
AG
I think that's how most people are, and I sort of went through that phase also, but I think it did an adequate job of basically resetting the stage for what's to come. None of the other plot things people talk about really bother me all that much now.
3rdGen2015
AG
I didn't get tickets for tonight because there is a very good chance that I'm going to have to stay at work late tonight. But I have tomorrow off, so I have tickets for the first showing in the morning, I believe it's at 10:45. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.
SF2004
AG
Urban Ag said:

bobinator said:

Honestly, the more I 'think" about TFA the less I like it. And I don't want be "that guy" so I am just staying cautiously optimistic that Ep VIII is a better written, more original, continuation of the story.

I am really hoping R1 delivers and from the tweets I have read I think it does. I have always been more interested and invested in the Star Wars universe than the saga of the Skywalkers and the Jedi/Sith thing.

Here it comes.

There are hoards of people on video loving EP1 after they come out of the theater. Then it became cool and "your not a true fan if you enjoyed it".

Slowly but surely TFA will be the worst thing ever and the franchise is further ruined.

I predict the same for Rogue One (TCTTS is already starting with the "underwhelming reviews")... I give it about 8 months until it goes from really enjoyable to complete *****
Sex Panther
AG
bobinator said:

What's the Phasma thing?
Flashdiaz
AG
Sex Panther said:

bobinator said:

What's the Phasma thing?
Finn: disable the shields protecting the planet, the new super weapon and a crap top of first order personnel including us.
Phasma; no
Finn: do it or i'll hit you
Phasma: ok, but you're not getting away with this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Phasma was added to TFA at the request on Rian Johnson. That should've been a nameless high ranking officer that did that. Not the badass villain you're setting up for the future movies.
The Collective
AG
It would have been easier to just make Finn someone who actually knows what he is doing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 519 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.