Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,519 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watch the lightsaber thing on ESPN?
wanewman
quote:
I forgot about it. Here's a link though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3i9mgx
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same here. Was watching Jedi anyway. Thanks.
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:

Way cool.
jr15aggie
AG
Damn, Nothing will ruin Starr Wars for me... But why the hell is Aggie football trying it's best! It sounds like nobody knows what is going on, but where there is smoke! Damn!

PS: I just used the exact swear words in order as they appear in A New Hope... Or, at least those are the ones I heard cause my 11 year old was also pointing them out.
The Collective
AG
May the force be with all of you. We are waking up in a different world in the morning.
Donald Glover
AG
When exactly are the movies opening in foreign countries in our time?
twilly
AG
quote:
I watched it. Pretty interesting. Most of the STAR WARS stuff was known, but what little they had on the Kendo tourney was good. Only 30 minutes so worth a watch. Extended showing of the Finn-Stormtrooper saber fight.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
From two of my favorite New York critics...

Madmarttigan
AG
I don't go to the movie theaters more than once to see movies usually, but damnit I may have to.
AggieSouth06
98% on RT, with several critics calling it the best movie of the year.

A few of them even say it's the best SW movie of all time.
amercer
AG
quote:

Head explodes, closes thread, throws phone in lake, locks self in room with no internet for next 6 days....
G Martin 87
AG
Spoiler-free review from The Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/16/10243884/star-wars-the-force-awakens-review
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Well Avatar, you had a good run.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would love it even if it scored 50 but that is damn impressive
Farmer1906
AG
There has been an awakening. I'm up! Let's get our Srar Wars on.
Donald Glover
AG
Its down to 97%

START THE MELTDOWN
wangus12
AG
quote:
Spoiler-free review from The Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/16/10243884/star-wars-the-force-awakens-review
jr15aggie
AG
Over 90% was wishful thinking I thought... Some critics will give it a bad score just to get hits on their site as people flock to the hate. But North of 95.... Wow! Color me super impressed.

Let me tell you how excited I am to go to work now!
The Collective
AG
quote:
Let me tell you how excited I am to go to work now!

I've been at the office for 2 hours already. The struggle is real.
The Collective
AG
So, having read a few spoiler-free reviews and just general thoughts, it looks like it is going to be a long ass time between Ep VII and VIII.
512Ag
AG
Looking for a way to keep from reading spoiler-ridden reviews? Try the Aggie Football forum on this very website. The Zoo is the perfect way to distract yourself for a long period of time.

Drama? Check.
Anger-inducing speculation about our beloved football team? Check.
Football dads interfering in the affairs of a major Div I program? Check.
No spoilers at all (so far) about Star Wars? You know it.

After reading the posts over there for a day, you'll need Star Wars so badly, it could be Soul Plane* bad and you'd come out feeling like a million bucks.

*I have not seen Soul Plane, but for whatever reason, that's what came to mind. Maybe it's awesome. Hey! Watching Soul Plane on repeat could be another way to pass the time spoiler free!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the last day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Twelve Hans a shooting,
Eleven younglings dying,
Ten Sith Lords leaping,
Nine Ewoks dancing,
Eight handmaidens milking,
Seven Gungans swimming,
Six buns a Leia,
FIVE GOLD(en) LEADERS,
Four falling Mauls,
Three Nerf herders,
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Collider Jedi Council review (no spoilers):

evan_aggie
AG
I've always sort of wondered if some of the rotten reviews for a movie that is in the 95-98% range are just doing so to be contrarian and pull clicks to their websites (if they have any) or blogs.
evan_aggie
AG
quote:
Over 90% was wishful thinking I thought... Some critics will give it a bad score just to get hits on their site as people flock to the hate. But North of 95.... Wow! Color me super impressed.

Doh...I overlooked this same sentiment.
wangus12
AG
Star Wars Film Score going on Pandora
jabberwalkie09
AG
Spoiler pics have begun to hit the internet. You have been warned.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
I've always sort of wondered if some of the rotten reviews for a movie that is in the 95-98% range are just doing so to be contrarian and pull clicks to their websites (if they have any) or blogs.
One of the things I admired about Roger Ebert was that he always reviewed films objectively. He admitted to not liking comic book movies but always reviewed them with the comic book fan in mind and compared them to other comic book movies. I think most critics are like that. Some critics are not like that. If they don't like action movies, they will never give action movies a good review. Then you have blowhards like Armond White who gives any movie above a 90% a bad review.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I've stopped watching twitch streams, reading reddit, and checking twitter to avoid spoilers. Popular twitch streamers with text-to-speech donations is recipe for disaster. I had a stream on last night in the background and wasn't really paying attention when I heard a donation go through and heard the word star wars and Leia and immediately clicked out before anything else was said. It was pretty close and it could have been someone trolling but there was no way I was going to stick around and find out. I've pretty much gone off the grid with the exception of this thread.
The Collective
AG
I am trying to stay up on social media for A&M football purposes and then this this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Burying myself in work today. Avoiding all social media, reddit, etc. Gonna be tough. This thread will be my only source for Star Wars till tomorrow night.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
One of the things I admired about Roger Ebert was that he always reviewed films objectively. He admitted to not liking comic book movies but always reviewed them with the comic book fan in mind and compared them to other comic book movies. I think most critics are like that. Some critics are not like that. If they don't like action movies, they will never give action movies a good review. Then you have blowhards like Armond White who gives any movie above a 90% a bad review.
The Verge spoiler-free review (I skimmed) was pretty much what I expected honestly. Basically I was hoping for something that was a definite improvement on the prequels, but was also a spiritual successor to the originals. I think based on the Verge's review, that's what we are getting.
wangus12
AG
People asked me yesterday at our department meeting why I took a random Thursday off before Christmas. I told the I was going to see Star Wars. They wondered why I took the full day and I explained I was going to the marathon that starts at 3AM tomorrow morning. Multiple women (basic *****es) mocked me and mentioned how they'd never seen the films and they were glad that their husbands didn't watch that 'crap'. We are a small department, so I simply stated that their husbands also don't run marathons, do multi-week long hiking treks or keep any semblance of a physical shape other than round. I hate arrogant *****es who make fun of someone because of the movies they love or the music they listen to. Aggravated the hell out of me.
First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.