Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,021 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
His first appearance onscreen will get more reaction than maybe anything ever before?
I would bet his first appearance will be extremely similar to Obi Wan's first appearance: he will enter the scene with his hood far down covering his face. He will then stop........and then pull back the hood, revealing his bearded face. And I will be fighting back tears of joy.
I almost want him to appear on screen as a shaded figure somewhat obscured or partially off screen int he shadows with the hood far down then the new heroes say something to him about looking for someone by the name of Luke and if he could help them. Then he steps forward pulling back his hood stepping while stepping into the light saying something to the effect of "Well, then your search has come to an end." Then when in the light and fully revealed, "You've found him." Cheesy? Yeah, but what will you care more about then, the fact that Luke Skywalker has shown up in the movie or that it was a bit cheesy?
Saxsoon
AG
Here is your official poster

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly all they need.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Honestly all they need.
That is what I am thinking. Though of course we are going to get something like this

And I guarantee it will be in this style
TCTTS
AG
The final, fully-realized poster with the artwork and what not likely won't hit 'til the fall, probably around the same time we get the final trailer. But I could definitely see them doing more of a single-image / teaser poster kind of thing tomorrow.
AliasMan02
AG
Hope we get a traditional painted poster, not a photoshop mashup.
512Ag
AG
quote:
Then he steps forward pulling back his hood stepping while stepping into the light saying something to the effect of "Well, then your search has come to an end." Then when in the light and fully revealed, "You've found him." Cheesy? Yeah, but what will you care more about then, the fact that Luke Skywalker has shown up in the movie or that it was a bit cheesy?
That line wouldn't be any cheesier than Obi-Wan's "Of course I know him. He's me!" line from ANH.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I saw this the other day when checking through Google image search.

Except, instead of the trooper helmet in the background it's Kylo's Mask or Vader's burned up helmet. Though I could totally see them adding more people into the poster like Luke and Han.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ Fan made, obviously. But something like that would be awesome. And that just reinforces my thoughts that dark robed Luke would look much cooler.

Here's another.

TCTTS
AG
Benicio Del Toro basically confirming he's the villain for Episode VIII...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/benicio-del-toro-star-wars-815504
IronRed13
AG
quote:

Han looks like he was drawn by the Tom Brady courtroom artist and Luke looks like Obadiah from Ironman
wangus12
AG
Marsuvees,

What does your poster look like. My computer won't load it.
Simplebay
AG
Will Drew Struzan be doing this one, or is he still dead from what he unnecessarily did to his family at the end of The Mist?

...i just watched the mist and Tom Jane's character was basically Struzan.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Marsuvees,

What does your poster look like. My computer won't load it.

Haha it was tongue in cheek with the black poster with stars and the movie title. Since Abrams has been less is more it wouldn't shock me if they milk that poster to the last possible moment
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird, thought that was confirmed a while ago.
Saxsoon
AG
So while simon pegg has a cameo, Abrams said he had a bigger impact as a pseudo screen writer and kicked ideas and offered criticisms to the team
TCTTS
AG
Was reportedly "in talks." That was it. No indication from any kind of an official source until now.
Brahma
Anybody have an idea of what rating it's going to get from the good ol MPAA? Is it going to get a PG-13 like ROTS or will it stay PG like the others?
TCTTS
AG
No indication so far either way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
So while simon pegg has a cameo, Abrams said he had a bigger impact as a pseudo screen writer and kicked ideas and offered criticisms to the team

That should be great news for the prequel haters.
AliasMan02
AG
This will be a big benefit if Ewan does an Obi Wan movie as well. He was a big critic of the prequels even as they were being made.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If they are going to do an anthology film with any of the main cast from the PT, Kenobi is definitely who I would pick. I'm sure part of the story would be Kenobi giving Jabba some trouble.
Silvertaps
AG
This may have been discussed earlier, so apologies (limited my reading in this thread as don't want spoilers).

I read a few days ago this is the only Star Wars Abrams will direct. Obviously only he can answer about why not finish the trilogy...but how will this look when comparing all 3 in the end? Is the story already complete? Will Abrams directing style be throughout all three movies? If not, how will they look?
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
This may have been discussed earlier, so apologies (limited my reading in this thread as don't want spoilers).

I read a few days ago this is the only Star Wars Abrams will direct. Obviously only he can answer about why not finish the trilogy...but how will this look when comparing all 3 in the end? Is the story already complete? Will Abrams directing style be throughout all three movies? If not, how will they look?
I imagine Kathleen Kennedy is taking on a Feige like role in LucasArts and is keeping a general feel to the universe and that her and Abrams have created a framework. It is impressive how Marvel, despite many different actors and directors with different styles, still feels part of a cohesive whole
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's not forget the OT had three different directors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knights of Ren concept art:

TCTTS
AG
Ask and you shall receive...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Since yours seems blank, I'll post this!

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-the-daring-mission-has-begun-cast-and-crew-announced

Forrest Whitaker in the cast! Alan Tudyk mo-cap! Mads Mikkelsen! Jesus, I feel alive!

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
And more

Collin Trevororrow to direct Episode IX.

TCTTS
AG
UGH.

TCTTS
AG
My post seems blank? It's a quoted tweet. Was about to post that photo, though, which is AWESOME.
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm...

TCTTS
AG
"Anthology" was such a cool, concise name for these movies. "A Star Wars Story" sounds incredibly lame.
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.