Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,659 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke

BMX Bandit
quote:
Because some people apparently consider Luke's actual, physical appearance in the movie a spoiler, I'll only link to this, but the first a spy photo of Hamill in character for some kind of promotional shoot has just leaked...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/13/this-is-what-luke-skywalker-looks-like-in-the-force-awakens
Rick Baker level of makeup artistry going on with Luke!!

Mr. White
"Because some people apparently consider Luke's actual, physical appearance in the movie a spoiler, I'll only link to this..."
dave94
AG
Those new images have me so freaking pumped for this movie.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sort of wish he was wearing dark robes.
BMX Bandit
Mr white:

You can avert your eyes.

Marsuvees:

I was thinking he looked like Harry Osborn's drunk grandfather.
Buck Compton
AG
That doesn't look like him at all. Like even the eyes and stuff don't seem to match.
Mr. White
quote:
Mr white:

You can avert your eyes.

Marsuvees:

I was thinking he looked like Harry Osborn's drunk grandfather.

If I could have seen the future knowing that someone had posted the spoiler picture, then yes, I would have averted my eyes.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
That doesn't look like him at all. Like even the eyes and stuff don't seem to match.
Not sure if serious
BMX Bandit
quote:

If I could have seen the future knowing that someone had posted the spoiler picture, then yes, I would have averted my eyes.

More likely you will wish you could travel back in time to rethink your decision to post that
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
Not sure if serious
Was on my phone and forgot the face for sarcasm.

I kinda wish the real picture hadn't been removed from the website. Anyone know where it's still up?
Mr. White
quote:
quote:

More likely you will wish you could travel back in time to rethink your decision to post that
Nope.

How bout don't be an a-hole in the future. Okay? Good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I read somewhere today that Captain Phasma's name came from her chrome armor reminded JJ of the flying spheres from the movie "Phantasm."

Awesome. I'm glad others love that movie as much as I do.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

I cried.
Simplebay
AG
W. O. W.

Please be real
TCTTS
AG
It's real. The fact that Disney is hitting multiple sites with cease and desist orders is proof enough,
dave94
AG
Holy. Sh*t.
Buck Compton
AG
What. A. Badass.

Awesome. Not spoilerish at all really. About what we figured and that doesn't ruin me seeing him on screen at all.
dave94
AG
quote:
What. A. Badass.

Awesome. Not spoilerish at all really. About what we figured and that doesn't ruin me seeing him on screen at all.

His first appearance onscreen will get more reaction than maybe anything ever before?
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
quote:
What. A. Badass.

His first appearance onscreen will get more reaction than maybe anything ever before?
Agreed, but some earlier in the thread were saying it would spoil things. I want to avoid most spoilers overall, but was just commenting I don't include this in that camp.
dave94
AG
I feel like that was a very extreme statement but thinking about movies as a whole, will it be something that epic? It very well may be.

Since we've got a little time to kill (ugh, how many months?) What other onscreen appearances were this anticipated?

Edit: I meant that I may have overstated the impact, not saying it was wrong to post it.
LeonardSkinner
I'm inferring at least 40 cameras, and that's if there aren't any in front of him. Am I wrong in thinking it's not for a promotional photo shoot?

Action figure modeling? Some kind of special effects preparation?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I feel like that was a very extreme statement but thinking about movies as a whole, will it be something that epic? It very well may be.

Since we've got a little time to kill (ugh, how many months?) What other onscreen appearances were this anticipated?

Edit: I meant that I may have overstated the impact, not saying it was wrong to post it.
I'm right there with you, I feel like Abrams almost has to realize the audience reaction and have it be a moment with no dialogue, at least no important dialogue, because nobody will hear it when they first see the movie.

In-universe I remember significant swelling of applause during the special editions the first times Han, Kenobi and Yoda appeared on screen. Same with Yoda first in TPM and then for his fight scene with Dooku, watching Yoda draw his lightsaber in AOTC got huge applause every time.

Outside of that ... scratching my head. Indiana Jones in the 4th one when we hadn't seen him on screen in 20 years? Spock Prime in the 2009 Star Trek, I thought that was pretty fantastic. Kirk and Picard both on screen at the same time? Sean Connery's cameo in Robin Hood?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I would bet his first appearance will be extremely similar to Obi Wan's first appearance: he will enter the scene with his hood far down covering his face. He will then stop........and then pull back the hood, revealing his bearded face. And I will be fighting back tears of joy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
What. A. Badass.

Can't think of anything that would rival this in terms of audience reaction. Maybe Yoda pulling out his lightsaber in AOTC?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta figure JJ is fixing to destroy whoever leaked that image.
jr15aggie
AG
Suck it in Skywalker!!!!

But yeah, that's pretty awesome. I too wonder if black, or at least darker robes, would have been better looking. But I gotta figure the color choice is not just for looks, but also very deliberate. From past rumors and the recent article, it's very apparent Luke and his state of being is key to this trilogy. Look at it this way... the trailer showed a black robed figure with robot hand who was sad or morning something (Luke... possibly flashback to a younger Luke). This pic shows old Luke in earth tone robes. It have no doubt the creative types are sending a a subtle/artistic message.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:

I'm right there with you, I feel like Abrams almost has to realize the audience reaction and have it be a moment with no dialogue, at least no important dialogue, because nobody will hear it when they first see the movie.

In-universe I remember significant swelling of applause during the special editions the first times Han, Kenobi and Yoda appeared on screen. Same with Yoda first in TPM and then for his fight scene with Dooku, watching Yoda draw his lightsaber in AOTC got huge applause every time.

Outside of that ... scratching my head. Indiana Jones in the 4th one when we hadn't seen him on screen in 20 years? Spock Prime in the 2009 Star Trek, I thought that was pretty fantastic. Kirk and Picard both on screen at the same time? Sean Connery's cameo in Robin Hood?
When the treasure hunter put the fedora on young Indy's head in the Last Crusade, and when Indy lifted his head it is Harrison Ford in 1938 on the SS Coronado, there was tremendous applause for that. Agree on Connery's cameo in Robin Hood.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I imagine even the first appearance of Han will get a huge response, even though we've seen him in the trailer.

Edit: Come to think of it, the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" will get a reaction. The whole movie is going to be causing nerdgasms. (At least in the opening night showings.)

The Collective
AG
The leak is intentional, and Disney is trying to make it appear that it was not.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Luke the White....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Posters for Toy Story 4, Cars 3, Incredibles 2, etc on display at D23.

I'm thinking at the very least, we should be getting an official poster, no?
TCTTS
AG
Didn't even think about that. Would make total sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.