Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,938 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll get to see Luke for the first time when the action figures are released
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
We'll get to see Luke for the first time when the action figures are released

Really hope not. The day toy designs start leaking is the day we need to commit to a no spoilers thread.
TCTTS
AG
Isn't this the no spoilers thread? Ha, if you consider action figures to be "spoilers," you probably shouldn't even be on the internet for the next few months.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/star-wars-luke-skywalker-hooked-jj-abrams

Knife_Party
Why does threepio have a red arm?
wangus12
AG
Looks like 3PO has had some work done
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Isn't this the no spoilers thread? Ha, if you consider action figures to be "spoilers," you probably shouldn't even be on the internet for the next few months.

Historically, Lucas gave away HUGE spoilers with toy releases. "Here's the Qui Gon dies at the hands of Darth Maul, who then gets cut in half bt Obi Wan playset!"
Bruce Almighty
AG
Please show me that playset.
AliasMan02
AG
Hyperbole.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The C3-P0 having a red arm has been know for a month or two because of the action figure
TajMaballer
AG
On a fashion note, that jacket Boyega is wearing looks pretty spiffy.. I might have to snag me one of those.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy *****!
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Hyperbole.
Damn, I really wanted to buy it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Missed this one, btw.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Is that a light Saber on his belt ??? See I can play this game.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Historically, Lucas gave away HUGE spoilers with toy releases. "Here's the Qui Gon dies at the hands of Darth Maul, who then gets cut in half bt Obi Wan playset!"
They gave it away on the soundtrack.
AliasMan02
AG
That too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Standing on an AT-AT?

Concept art:

LeonardSkinner
So that's like the new trailer park, or converting shipping containers to houses?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From the article:

quote:
Princess Leia (Fisher) has come into possession of the lightsaber once possessed by her father, Darth Vader, and later lost by Luke (Hamill) when Vader separated him from his arm during that "join me" duel in The Empire Strikes Back.
Guess that's confirmed then. Hope they explain who comes across the saber, and how. Had to have been in Cloud City.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And from the Kylo Ren article.

quote:
Remember how we eventually learned that "Darth" is not a first name, but a kind of title? It appears the surname "Ren" is something similar.

"He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren," Abrams says. But that's as far as the writer-director will go. What are the Knights of Ren? You're going to have to wait until Dec. 18 to find out.
Interesting.
Dro07
AG
outside of Luke, Ahsoka is the only one who can confirm its identity
Duncan Idaho
Who or what is the chrome trooper?

If spoilerish, say so and don't answer
twilly
AG
quote:
And from the Kylo Ren article.

quote:
Remember how we eventually learned that "Darth" is not a first name, but a kind of title? It appears the surname "Ren" is something similar.

"He is a character who came to the name Kylo Ren when he joined a group called the Knights of Ren," Abrams says. But that's as far as the writer-director will go. What are the Knights of Ren? You're going to have to wait until Dec. 18 to find out.
Interesting.
You know...if you put an "S" in front of Kylo, you get a very interesting combination.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
outside of Luke, Ahsoka is the only one who can confirm its identity
Yeah which is why everyone thought the picture of the orange person in the trailer handing the light saber to supposedly Leia was Ahsoka.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
right so since Vater was father in German. ( hence Vader) is Ren German for Son ??? Or some equivalent?

AHH Ren is love in Japanese. So kylo Ren is Skywalker Love BOOM why he is searching for the stuff .....
twilly
AG
quote:
right so since Vater was father in German. ( hence Vader) is Ren German for Son ??? Or some equivalent?
Google says that the german word "ren" translates to reindeer. I do give you an A+ for effort though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We just know it's a woman and played by Gwendoline Christie.
jr15aggie
AG

Is that Domhnall Gleeson??? I'm pretty sure from the panels they confirmed this is his character, but man that looks almost nothing like him.

And as for the Knights of Ren thing... I like it! Looks like they really are creating a familiar yet very different universe for us here. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of that book that will bridge ROTJ and Ep VII ("Star Wars: Aftermath" - Sept. 4th). Hopefully there will be something about these Knights and other goodies in there.
wangus12
AG
Some freaking slave trade going on here. Where is the outcry! ROBOT LIVES MATTER

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
whatever sort of animal that is is wearing the head of the early model scout walker as armor, and that in and of itself is so tremendously awesome.

EW says more articles to come later today, including Harrison Ford's first day on set.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

Is that Domhnall Gleeson??? I'm pretty sure from the panels they confirmed this is his character, but man that looks almost nothing like him.

And as for the Knights of Ren thing... I like it! Looks like they really are creating a familiar yet very different universe for us here. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of that book that will bridge ROTJ and Ep VII ("Star Wars: Aftermath" - Sept. 4th). Hopefully there will be something about these Knights and other goodies in there.
Looks striking like Richard Thornburg from Die Hard

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:

Closer
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
In the photo of the gal and the dude running with the storm trooper behind them getting ready to fire, my first thought was I bet those clowns still can't hit the broad side of a basketball back board from 3 feet away, let alone a running target from ten feet away.
TCTTS
AG
Because some people apparently consider Luke's actual, physical appearance in the movie a spoiler, I'll only link to this, but the first a spy photo of Hamill in character for some kind of promotional shoot has just leaked...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/13/this-is-what-luke-skywalker-looks-like-in-the-force-awakens
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.