Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,033 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/8/8/star-wars-rogue-one-set-pics
Saxsoon
AG
I am honestly more excited about news on Kingdom Hearts 3
AliasMan02
AG
I keep forgetting that this is in production. So excited to see this universe so alive again.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
joemeister
AG
quote:
Take it to the Nerdery Kingdom Hearts 3 thread.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm wondering how long it will take for them to snag photos of Felicity Jones in costume. Maybe she will be in pilot gear?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Jeez, getting footage from Civil War and TFA in the same couple of hours; I'm not sure I could get more of a nerd fix than that.
Saxsoon
AG
What can I say? I am a larger Disney geek than I am Star Wars.

Battlefront news should be good too.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Saxsoon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want to say I remember reading that the first full trailer would be dropping in the fall, around September. I might be wrong though.

If we get it this weekend, I'm not one to complain.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

TCTTS
AG
There are conflicting reports. I can't remember who, but someone in-the-know said Abrams confirmed backstage at Comic-Con that they were saving a trailer for D23. But then a couple other reports say nothing is set in stone yet. Either way, a September premiere could be accurate, but it's just as speculative at this point. Nothing either way has been confirmed. My gut says they're going to wait 'til September/October to debut one final, full-length trailer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we get another teaser trailer this weekend, and then a full trailer in October or so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, probably another teaser.

Isn't it common practice to release two full length trailers now? Probably not gonna happen here, but really, they don't need another one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Assuming we do get a full-length trailer, any predictions on what new things we'll see? Kylo Ren sans mask? Leia? Luke? Will we get actual dialogue and plot points? Music from the new score?

I can't help but feel like even the full trailer will be more of a teaser than what we're used to these days, but who knows.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Assuming we do get a full-length trailer, any predictions on what new things we'll see? Kylo Ren sans mask? Leia? Luke? Will we get actual dialogue and plot points? Music from the new score?

I can't help but feel like even the full trailer will be more of a teaser than what we're used to these days, but who knows.

I really want to see Carrie in costume. I can already pretty much predict what Mark is going to look like (I'm assuming Jedi robes) but I have no clue what Carrie is going to look like.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's quite frankly refreshing how little has been revealed in the trailers.

If you're like me, you have the first Phantom Menace trailer memorized from watching it 3,000 times in the 6 months between when it came out and the movie came out. From viewing that trailer, you know Anakin lives with his mama, and is found by the Jedi, that he races the pod, you see portions of the 2-on-1 Jedi/Sith fight; you see Anakin getting tested by the Jedi Council, you see Maul's double blade (terrible to reveal that before the film came out).

Consider the 2 teasers for TFA that have come out - almost no actual dialogue, particularly nothing where people are talking to each other; no actual military action on the ice planet, one dogfight between the Falcon and a couple of TIEs,
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's pictures of Carrie in costume, and you can see her in the Comic Con video. We haven't seen a single frame of Luke (not of his face anyway), so that's what I'm looking forward to the most.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm hoping for another trailer. The time and setting is right. I think that not releasing a trailer at D23 is a missed opportunity. It will likely overshadow petty much anything else from the weekend though. The only thing that could possibly match it in reaction and buzz is an official release of the Rogue One teaser. If none of that happens, then likely another behind the scenes video which I will be honest the one from Comic Con was almost a trailer unto itself.

Regarding the full length trailer, I really hope they don't give away too much. Some things are best left to be discovered through viewing the movie. The teasers for TFA have been better than the majority of trailers for films released this year IMO.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The teasers for TFA have been better than the majority of films released this year IMO.
FIFY
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ah I Stand corrected. Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
From the Comic-Con featurette...

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
There's pictures of Carrie in costume, and you can see her in the Comic Con video. We haven't seen a single frame of Luke (not of his face anyway), so that's what I'm looking forward to the most.
I think I might be in the minority on this, but I really don't want to see Luke in the trailers. I think that there should be minimal dialogue in the trailers about Luke, but avoided if possible. What he is doing, has become, or where he is seems like a huge part of the film's plot. I think the reveal of what Luke looks like should be best left to the film. I keep thinking back to TPM trailer. Revealing Maul in that manner without his robes and hood on, and then going further and showing his double bladed light saber was a huge mistake. If they show look looking over his shoulder with a cloak on I think that could work out OK, but I think that revealing Luke in the film will give it that "I have been waiting the entire movie for this" moment.
TCTTS
AG
You're probably going to get your wish. And I'm right there with you. I don't want to see him on screen until I'm sitting in the theater, watching the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm absolutely in agreement. Seeing him for the first time in the movie would be amazing.

And yes, saving Maul (and the lightsaber) for the film would've been epic, can't believe they didn't do that.
TCTTS
AG
Just to properly set expectations, again, Luke is hardly in the movie, apparently. For that reason alone I don't think we'll see him in the trailers. Showing even a single shot of him may spoil his limited screen time. That said, he actually was in the last trailer. In case the robotic hand didn't give it away, he's the hooded figure putting his hand on R2D2.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

I would crush you in Disney Scene-It
TCTTS
AG
Ugh...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/11/star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-disney-d23

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
In case the robotic hand didn't give it away, he's the hooded figure putting his hand on R2D2.
Lol. Come on, dude.

And yeah, not surprising.
TCTTS
AG
You'd be surprised how much speculation I saw on Twitter. A LOT of people didn't think that was him.
AgMarauder04
AG
It was clearly R2. Who else in the universe would have been touching him with that kind of affection?
TCTTS
AG
I'm just relaying the speculation I read. I'm with you 100%. It's obviously Luke.
AgMarauder04
AG
Yeah, I'm not doubting you. I just am amazed any kind of star wars fan wouldn't doubt that fact.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably not very big fans.
Ag Since 83
AG
Pre-ordered Battlefront today
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.