Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,734 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree. That was really well done.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Even for the poster, I'm excited.

I hope it's something simple and iconic. A lightsaber. A TIE fighter. The Falcon. Deserts of Tatooine at sunset. Etc.

Say what you will about Phantom Menace, but this is one of the best teaser posters ever.

It really did send the nerds into a frenzy. Too bad they had to pull back the curtain and find the real wizard!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I remember even my mom, who was 51 at the time, thinking the TPM teaser poster was awesome. Good lord, just realized I'm only 10 years younger than my mom was in 1999.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, only 9 years younger for me. Holy ****.
TCTTS
AG
Starting to feel real...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/04/what-well-see-in-the-next-star-wars-the-force-awakens-teaser/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
****Trailer spoilers****

• Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio
  • We do see Yavin in the teaser.

HOLY****HOLY****HOLY****!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
For a moment, I thought about not reading the trailer spoilers, then I realized I'll watch the trailer 30 times no matter what, so I said, "What the hell," and clicked the link.
wangus12
AG
Any type of news basically makes me giddy now, and its about a freaking trailer. I'll probably die when the movie comes out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm almost more excited about watching the Star Wars trailer in a packed theater, than watching the Avengers.

Matter of fact, definitely more excited about it.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
****Trailer spoilers****

• Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio
  • We do see Yavin in the teaser.

HOLY****HOLY****HOLY****!

Inclusion of Yavin has some interesting implications for EU fans.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I'm almost more excited about watching the Star Wars trailer in a packed theater, than watching the Avengers.

That has to be hyperbole. I am definitely more hyped for Avengers than a trailer
redline248
AG
Jedi Academy!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

That has to be hyperbole. I am definitely more hyped for Avengers than a trailer

No way. Right there with Brian. Avengers/Marvel is great and all, but it's never come remotely close to revving my engines like Star Wars does. Looking forward to seeing the SW trailer in the theater more than Avengers, hands down.

On the other hand, a Rogue One trailer will no doubt debut with Civil War NEXT May, and I'll definitely be looking forward to Civil War more. Think that's my number one anticipated Marvel movie ever.
redline248
AG
The logic here is strange, to me. You are more excited to see a collection of clips than the actual movie you pay money to see?
TajMaballer
AG
There is one winner in this conversation: Disney. What do yall think the combined Box Office will be for AoU and SW7?
redline248
AG
Eleventy billion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The logic here is strange, to me. You are more excited to see a collection of clips than the actual movie you pay money to see?
As a huge fan of Star Wars, yes. Yes I am.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

It has nothing to do with clips vs. a full-length movie. Simply put, yes, the prospect of seeing new images from a SW movie is more exciting to me than what all of Avengers 2 has to offer. I'm sure A2 will be awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to it, but the Marvel movies don't do much for me overall. I don't think I've rewatched a single one, save for the first Iron Man. Again, they're fun, and I absolutely look forward to them, but what a SW trailer shows/implies of the movie to come is FAR more exciting for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
There is one winner in this conversation: Disney. What do yall think the combined Box Office will be for AoU and SW7?
Domestic or worldwide?

I think domestic, $1B+. Worldwide, tough to say... 3.5, maaaybe 4?

Either way, they will be printing money this year.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Eleventy billion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Star Wars' opening day.
twilly
AG
If you think Disney is going to be printing money this year, maybe you should go buy Disney stock.

The day Disney announced they acquired LFL, I made a sizable purchase of DIS (been a very good investment). I took 10% of it and gave it to my son. Now a days, my 10 yo son likes to tell people that he owns STAR WARS.

To me it's a zero sum game with DIS. Whatever I make on the stock hopefully will cancel out all the SW stuff I bought. I'm pretty sure it's a tight race.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

It has nothing to do with clips vs. a full-length movie. Simply put, yes, the prospect of seeing new images from a SW movie is more exciting to me than what all of Avengers 2 has to offer. I'm sure A2 will be awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to it, but the Marvel movies don't do much for me overall. I don't think I've rewatched a single one, save for the first Iron Man. Again, they're fun, and I absolutely look forward to them, but what a SW trailer shows/implies of the movie to come is FAR more exciting for me.
I'm as big a fan of Star Wars than the next poster, and the trailers get me excited. An entire Avengers movie is still more exciting to me b/c I get to see the whole story, not just glimpses of what the story might be. I can promise you that I'll be more excited sitting in the theater to watch all of Force Awakens than I will be for just about anything else in the world, though.

What's funny about your excitement for a trailer, tctts, is that there is a better than good chance the movie will fall well short of your expectations and you'll be on here bashing it after you watch it.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm as big a fan of Star Wars than the next poster, and the trailers get me excited. An entire Avengers movie is still more exciting to me b/c I get to see the whole story, not just glimpses of what the story might be. I can promise you that I'll be more excited sitting in the theater to watch all of Force Awakens than I will be for just about anything else in the world, though.

What's funny about your excitement for a trailer, tctts, is that there is a better than good chance the movie will fall well short of your expectations and you'll be on here bashing it after you watch it.
I cried, I laughed, I cry laughed
TCTTS
AG
Guess it's not okay for me to just be passively into the Marvel movies. Got it.

As for me potentially bashing the eventual SW movie, is it not okay for me to be excited for something and then dislike the final product?
Saxsoon
AG
TC, I think he is giving you a hard time after Superman.
redline248
AG
Both of those are perfectly ok, I'm just telling you I don't get it.
redline248
AG
...and I was teasing a little with the 2nd part
COOL LASER FALCON
If i go see Avengers 2 in theaters, the Star Wars trailer will be a big part of the reason. I like the Marvel movies, but they're a little old hat for me at this point.
slickag2007
AG
I still want to see Corran Horn in some form in the new movies. And he would fit right in with Jedi Academy type of stories.
jr15aggie
AG
The way I would say it is I'd be more excited to see the Star Wars trailer (if it was the 1st time to see it), but I'm buying the ticket for The Avengers, not for a trailer. Star Wars will always get me more excited than anything Marvel, but I'm there for the movie. The Star Wars trailer just happens to be a big bonus.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
The way I would say it is I'd be more excited to see the Star Wars trailer (if it was the 1st time to see it), but I'm buying the ticket for The Avengers, not for a trailer. Star Wars will always get me more excited than anything Marvel, but I'm there for the movie. The Star Wars trailer just happens to be a big bonus.
I can agree with that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd take seeing 10 minutes of the Force Awakens tomorrow over seeing all of Age of Ultron, Civil War and Infinity War I and II tomorrow.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
I'd take seeing 10 minutes of the Force Awakens tomorrow over seeing all of Age of Ultron, Civil War and Infinity War I and II tomorrow.

Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
I think I agree with this. But I'm the type of person to take a week off of work to go to Anaheim for Celebration this year, so I'm probably an outlier.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.