Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,432 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the Thrawn characters are better than the books themselves.
redline248
AG
What was that alien species that worshipped Vader, and thusly Luke and Leia as well?
Ulrich
The Noghri
redline248
AG
The weirdest part of the Thrawn trilogy was all the discussion about what or how Luke felt when he was using the force to read minds. Oh and the force bubble lizards.
slickag2007
AG
You mean ysalamiri? I think i spelled that right.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
The Noghri

Zahn wanted to call them the Sith because nowhere in the movies does it ever say what the hell a Sith is.
redline248
AG
Is Sith even mentioned in the original trilogy?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Admiral Motti references it, off the top of my head.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

No, but it was a term the nerds knew during that time.
Ag Since 83
AG
According to Wookiepedia, the term Dark Lord of the Sith was first mentioned in the novelization of A New Hope
Ag Since 83
AG
Celebration schedule released today
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
one of the best things about the thrawn trilogy is that even 10 years later, most people dont really know how vader/palps bit it. There's a great scene where Lando and Luke are battling pirates and Lando says to them they should stand down because "This is Luke Skywalker, the guy who took down Darth Vader." and the guys back off.

the thrawn trilogy provided
1) thrawn
2) mara jade
3) pelleaon
4) talon karrde
5) the noghri
6) Jorus/Joruus C'baoth
7) Winter
8) Mazzic
9) Shada D'ukal
10) I'm sure I'm forgetting more

That many characters, the first 4 of which became amazingly popular, is insane for one series.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yes. Ben Mendelsohn cast in Rogue One...

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ben-mendelsohn-star-wars-spinoff-rogue-one-1201398835/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heh. Liked the last line of the article.

"As usual, Disney doesn't comment on Star Wars business."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
******* it, ISIS has gone too far this time. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/24/isis-star-wars-tunisia_n_6936188.html
slickag2007
AG
That article about ISIS and Tatooine isn't true. I don't have the link but it's out there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New trailer attached to Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Knife_Party
Less than 3 weeks til celebration. Fully expect a youtube'd pirate copy of whatever they show there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. But considering Avengers is also a Disney movie, expect them to go full-on, scorched Earth on any youtube videos. They'll probably hire a handful of guys to take them down as soon as they get posted.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Less than 3 weeks til celebration. Fully expect a youtube'd pirate copy of whatever they show there.

If they don't plan on releasing the trailer online shortly after, security is going to be insane. Comic-Con presentations hardly ever make it online, and security will likely be even tighter at this event. But we'll see. It's either going to go..

4/16 - Trailer debut for celebration attendees only
4/30 - Theatrical trailer debut with Avengers
5/04 - Online trailer debut for May the Fourth (the Monday after its theatrical release)

... or it'll debut at celebration and officially be online either simultaneously or shortly thereafter. Hard to say at this point, though I'd probably go with the latter.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Agreed. But considering Avengers is also a Disney movie, expect them to go full-on, scorched Earth on any youtube videos. They'll probably hire a handful of guys to take them down as soon as they get posted.

Beat me to it. Also, at Comic-Con, when the lights go down security scans the audience with night vision for any cell phones/cameras. So leaks don't even happen in the first place (though a few sometimes manage).
TCTTS
AG
Because Avengers is going to be so insanely huge, it's not like Disney is going to need the bump from the trailer publicly debuting in theaters. That's the only reason I'm thinking they'll release it online way before. If so, it's crazy to think that we could maybe be seeing the trailer TWO WEEKS from this Thursday...

Aggie_Journalist
AG
New apps like meerkat and periscope will make it really hard to prevent folks in the crowd from sharing this live
TCTTS
AG
This all but confirms the trailer will debut publicly/simultaneously with the Celebration panel...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/03/the-j-j-abrams-star-wars-celebration-panel-be-shown-in-leicester-square/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dang. Was actually kinda curious/excited to see the response of a theater full of geeks seeing the trailer for the first time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knife_Party
I'll still bounce up and down like a little girl when it comes on before Avengers.
Knife_Party
I'll still jump up and down like a little girl when it comes on.
Ag Since 83
AG
Gonna try and be at the panel in Anaheim, but if the line is too crazy I'll be in one of the simulcast rooms
COOL LASER FALCON
Just get there a few minutes early and I'm sure you'll be fine. Crowd shouldn't be too bad.
Knife_Party
The next trailer for this movie comes out this month.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The next trailer for this movie comes out this month.
Will not watch... spoilers!
Knife_Party

This was a tickle.

11 days to celebration.
TCTTS
AG
Everyone seems to think the trailer (and poster) will debut the the second the Abrams panel is over next Thursday. Again, this is all but confirmed, but it's nice to see a consensus like this...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-force-awakens-poster-debut-celebration/

This trailer went from feeling like it was months away to all the sudden (likely) releasing in 10 DAYS. Next Thursday is going to be INSANE.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even for the poster, I'm excited.

I hope it's something simple and iconic. A lightsaber. A TIE fighter. The Falcon. Deserts of Tatooine at sunset. Etc.

Say what you will about Phantom Menace, but this is one of the best teaser posters ever.
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.