Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,453 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
20 books will be published to bridge the gap between ROTJ and TFA.

http://www.slashfilm.com/journey-to-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
VanZandt92
Continuity is overrated!
redline248
AG
quote:

My first thought, before reading the link is, "20 by the time the movie hits?"
redline248
AG
quote:
A Marvel Comics prequel told from C-3PO's perspective

Just....why?
Prime0882
AG
quote:

They've already done this. It's the dauggone EU!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Just....why?
Yeah, not really seeing the allure to that either. But then again, I have read about some pretty bad fan suggestions like essentially wanting a Luke's adventures on Tantooine.........
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Just....why?

Agree this doesn't excite me, but this was essentially the narrative concept of the original Star Wars draft. Droid would be telling the story of The Journal of the Whills, which effectively the Skywalker (Starkiller) family story.

Could just be a nod to that.

Or a shameless promotion.
txagman1998
AG
Star Wars: Rogue One starts filming this summer for December 2016 release. Star Wars: Episode VIII due for May 2017 release.

And my $DIS stock is up +3.3% today!
Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting that they'll be jumping back to Star Wars' usual May release window. Wonder why they didn't decide to do that with Ep VII.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, as much as I love Star Wars, I feel like they're cramming them in a little too close. Two years between the main films is fine, but a spinoff film just 5 months before a main film seems like a bit much. Wish they'd spread them out a little more.
redline248
AG
Based on their success with Marvel, they probably think this is the best model. Especially if the movies are good and leave audiences wanting more.
txagman1998
AG
The Episode VIII release date is 40 years plus a day to the date of the original Star Wars release date in 1977.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Star Wars: Rogue One starts filming this summer for December 2016 release. Star Wars: Episode VIII due for May 2017 release.
That's dumb, they should wait and see if EP VII makes any money before making so many commitments.
AMW2010
AG
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
That's dumb, they should wait and see if EP VII makes any money before making so many commitments.

It is unproven stuff like this that concerns me about Hollywood
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It is absolutely insane to think that there are three Star Wars movies coming out in roughly the next 27 months.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
It is absolutely insane to think that there are three Star Wars movies coming out in roughly the next 27 months.
Perhaps in around 6 or 7 years I might start tiring of Star Wars... but think about how awesome the next 5 will be!
MGS
It's going to be like the Marvel universe movies, I wouldn't be surprised if they ramp up to a couple of movies a year.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
As long as they are good and have a plan with an overarching story, it could be great. Map it out now and have three or four arcs that combine into a much broader story and you have my money and my love.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
What I still can't get over, is that we're gonna see Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewie, and the Falcon back on screen.
mcky909
I love to watch star wars. http://hdwallpapersfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/star-wars-hd-wallpapers.jpg
Source: HD Wallpaper
TCTTS
AG
This sounds super interesting. Can't wait to dive into more stuff like this...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/17/the-war-isnt-over-new-details-about-star-wars-post-jedi-pre-force-awakens/
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
This sounds super interesting. Can't wait to dive into more stuff like this...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/17/the-war-isnt-over-new-details-about-star-wars-post-jedi-pre-force-awakens/

Definitely looking forward to this as a fairly regular reader. I read the original book trilogy that followed Jedi. It was good but held little weight because there was so much EU stuff out there that wasn't necessarily controlled. So even then it very much felt like a well done fan fiction.

This new stuff however has weight and it will be on my nook day 1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
May read this. Have never read a SW book, but this is intriguing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jeez guys, timothy zahn is one of the best authors out there. His Thrawn trilogy stands the test of time, you should really read it.
Saxsoon
AG
I would recommend his Quadrail/Frank Compton series. Fantastic novels
slickag2007
AG
the Thrawn trilogy is absolutely fantastic. People should give the EU a chance before just ignorantly knocking it.
redline248
AG
There are some good books, and some crap books. Also some serious "wtf were they thinking when they wrote this" books.
slickag2007
AG
Examples?

I think overall most of the EU was pretty good. I thought that New Jedi Order was amazing.
redline248
AG
I don't remember the names, but a couple of the Clone Wars era books were pretty bad, imo.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
9 months till aftermath????
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
the Thrawn trilogy is absolutely fantastic. People should give the EU a chance before just ignorantly knocking it.

Agree that they were very entertaining and gave us some great characters, but I tried to reread Heir to the Empire a few years ago and just couldn't do it. Not as good as I remembered.
Ag Since 83
AG
If we're never going to get a Thrawn adaptation, that Aftermath book sounds pretty interesting. I would love to see a movie immediately after Endor. With rumors flying about Palpatine and Vader's deaths, the remaining Imperials trying to maintain civil order on Coruscant and other planets could be really interesting.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.