Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,018 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), and Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) are all officially testing for the first spin-off film, which is still rumored to focus on a group of bounty hunters tasked with stealing the plans to the Death Star. Can't go wrong with any one of these, IMO...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tatiana-maslany-rooney-mara-testing-764807
Potentially related, it's going to be a sin if we don't get Ventress on the big screen.
Ooh, I know! Have Obi-Wan leave Tatooine to fight her, be captured/seduced by her and the new offspring of his that is rumored to be in Ep. 7 be from that!!!!

/loudest fart noise possible
Knife_Party
quote:
new offspring of his that is rumored to be in Ep. 7 be from that!!!!

I must have missed this spoiler? Didn't realize some of the force sensitives in E7 are Kenobi's kids. I guess we can assume Boyega isn't one of them, but Daisy Riddley? Kylo Ren?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

I must have missed this spoiler? Didn't realize some of the force sensitives in E7 are Kenobi's kids. I guess we can assume Boyega isn't one of them, but Daisy Riddley? Kylo Ren?

It probably isn't a spoiler bc it's probably not true. It was a rumor discussed by all those websites a few months ago. We even argued about it here. If I gambled I would bet a large sum of money that no one in episode 7 is the offspring of Kenobi.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It probably isn't a spoiler bc it's probably not true. It was a rumor discussed by all those websites a few months ago. We even argued about it here. If I gambled I would bet a large sum of money that no one in episode 7 is the offspring of Kenobi.

This.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, now KATE Mara is in the mix as well. How would you like to be competing against your sibling for a Star Wars movie?

http://www.slashfilm.com/rooney-mara-tatiana-maslany-star-wars-standalone/
Saxsoon
AG
Awkward

I actually don't like Rooney Mara that much and would probably prefer Kate Mara over her
mid90
AG
Kate definitely got the looks in the family
double aught
AG
I need proof!
TCTTS
AG
Very interesting...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-is-the-han-solo-movie-also-the-boba-fett-movie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Artist's page
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Looks like Felicity Jones is just about locked down as the female lead in the stand-alone movie, with Aaron Paul and Edgar Ramirez potentially vying for the male lead...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/felicity-jones-talks-star-wars-768582
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aaron Paul
wangus12
AG
Science.......Fiction *****!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Aaron Paul

I'd honestly rather have Edgar Ramirez. Dude is a badass.
TCTTS
AG
A couple of potential tidbits about the movie...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/03/felicity-jones-is-probably-starring-in-star-wars-the-unknown-spin-off/

So pirates and not bounty hunters, which makes way more sense. The idea of bounty hunters teaming up to steal the Death Star plans never quite felt right. That said, we still don't know for sure if this is even about stealing the Death Star plans. And it might also involve a young Han Solo, which I'm honestly kind of dreading.
Sex Panther
AG
Felicity Jones is so sexy

That's all I have to contribute to this
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
TC out-contributed me again
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

Damn
TCTTS
AG
Tweet of the year, from Episode VIII writer/director Rian Johnson just now...

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson
Just wookieepedia'd whether "lightsaber" is one or two words, so don't worry your childhoods are in very safe hands.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Tweet of the year, from Episode VIII writer/director Rian Johnson just now...

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson
Just wookieepedia'd whether "lightsaber" is one or two words, so don't worry your childhoods are in very safe hands.
Holy ****
RebAg13
AG
That's awesome
fig96
AG
quote:
Aaron Paul

This might outdo the Sam Jackson mother ****in' lightsaber memes were it to happen.
Simplebay
AG
Fan made
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty cool. Where is it from?
COOL LASER FALCON
The X-ed out Jar Jar
Simplebay
AG
Newest rumor is that JJ wants to move it to a summer release??
TCTTS
AG
How do you post something like that and not provide a link? I searched all over Twitter and all I could find was a single link to a site I've never heard of, with zero sources cited...

http://ikwiz.com/article.asp?id=9173&name=J%2EJ%2E+Abrams+Asks+Disney+To+Move+Up+%27Star+Wars%3A+The+Force+Awakens%27+Release+Date+

If Abrams actually said that last night at the VES awards, I think the internet would have exploded today. Feels like complete BS to me (though I'd welcome a summer release, no doubt).
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Newest rumor is that JJ wants to move it to a summer release??

I heard the same.
Knife_Party
Would it really be ready by the summer? I'd rather it come out in December if it meant they could get it perfect.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'll believe it when I see it, but which summer are they rumored to be moving it to anyway? Wasn't it an old rumor that Abrams wanted to push it to summer 16'? Is this just a regurgitation of that rumor?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
How do you post something like that and not provide a link? I searched all over Twitter and all I could find was a single link to a site I've never heard of, with zero sources cited...

http://ikwiz.com/article.asp?id=9173&name=J%2EJ%2E+Abrams+Asks+Disney+To+Move+Up+%27Star+Wars%3A+The+Force+Awakens%27+Release+Date+

If Abrams actually said that last night at the VES awards, I think the internet would have exploded today. Feels like complete BS to me (though I'd welcome a summer release, no doubt).
Simple is always doing stuff like that.

Sounds like he just wants to be right in that whole summer/winter argument we had a while back. If he's right though, that would make me right too. Heh.
Simplebay
AG
I dont think its happening, just wanted to see if anyone else picked it up. The logistics are too hard, it's too much risk for not a lot of reward.

The damn movie could leak and it would still make a profit. No sense rushing it because of leaks.

Seems like clickbait.
jr15aggie
AG
I thought this was funny & entertaining:

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.