Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,702 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Anyone else going to nerd out and dress up????????
Not me! I'll be the guy going during the day trying to avoid the freaks. But I did dress up as Darth Vader for my sons 4 year old Star Wars themed B-Day party. He thought I was the real deal!
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
My dad, who will be 67 by December 18, just confirmed that he is down for the midnight showing of Episode VII.
That's awesome.

You know at that midnight showing, there'll be some groups composed of three generations.

That is super cool.
Ours will be. My brother will be along and he's bringing his daughter, who will be 12 by then. My girls are about to turn 3, which is the age I saw Star Wars at in 1977, but I'm not sure 3 year old twins at midnight at Episode VII is in anyone's best interest.

I've seen the previous 6 with my dad and brother (plus a few others for the prequels), but it is so staggering to think of our ages in 1977 and 2015. I love it!

A New Hope: Dad: 29, Brother: 6, Me: 3

The Force Awakens: Dad: 67, Brother: 45, Me: 41

As a fellow '96 also saw it when I was 3.

I am thrilled to be able to say that watching A New Hope is literally my earliest memory.
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone buy the Marvel #1 of Star Wars (comic)? I've never collected comics but this one may be worth something in day. I ordered the regular issue along with a few variant covers.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The days of comic books becoming valuable are essentially over. They print so many now, anything printed post 90s will never be valuable.
Saxsoon
AG
Also, since everyone now knows that something like that can have a value someday, they will hoard it as well in the same hopes. So there will never truly be as much rarity as say some of the original comics when no one knew and were just casually thrown away.
Farmer1906
AG
Well even it if doesn't I still think its neat. I'll probably grab a few Darth Vader and Leia #1s as well in a few weeks/months.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
quote:
Anyone else going to nerd out and dress up????????
Not me! I'll be the guy going during the day trying to avoid the freaks. But I did dress up as Darth Vader for my sons 4 year old Star Wars themed B-Day party. He thought I was the real deal!

Avoids freaks by dressing up as Darth Vader at home.
Mr. White
My daughter when she wants to watch the trailer: "Wanna see ball! Wanna see airplanes! Wanna see flashlight!"

Can't wait to take her. She might last fifteen minutes, but so what.
boboguitar
AG
Can't wait to see william shatter reprise his roll.
Malachi Constant
AG
Curious to see if Jon-Louis Picard or Gandoff will be in this one.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

I am thrilled to be able to say that watching A New Hope is literally my earliest memory.

Also a '96. Watched a New Hope from my dad's lap in at the single screen movie house in downtown Port Angles, WA, summer of 1977. Was also 3. Revenge of the Sith hit the theaters six months before my first son was born.

My kids, 6 and 9, will be 7 and 10, when Episode 7 comes out this year. We are putting a "countdown calendar" up for it.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Hm. Pretty interesting.
quote:
George Lucas has revealed that he initially wanted to direct Star Wars Episode VII himself.

The filmmaker told USA Today that he had been mapping out a new Star Wars film with the intention of releasing it in May 2015 then selling on Lucasfilm.
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a621139/george-lucas-originally-wanted-to-direct-star-wars-episode-7.html#~p1huFLNOQHq8uq
Chances are good that Lucas is lying about this, like he lies about everything when it comes to plotting out or planning the Star Wars franchise. He's been relatively quiet during the shooting/development, but I guarantee you when it hits at the box office, he'll start telling anyone who will listen how he is responsible for the story and this is how he had it planned out all along.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Also a '96. Watched a New Hope from my dad's lap in at the single screen movie house in downtown Port Angles, WA, summer of 1977. Was also 3. Revenge of the Sith hit the theaters six months before my first son was born.

My kids, 6 and 9, will be 7 and 10, when Episode 7 comes out this year. We are putting a "countdown calendar" up for it.
My dad worked on an oil tanker for Texaco when I was growing up He was on 3 months, off for 2. He was home when Star Wars came out in '77 and we saw it 7 times in the theater. In 1983, we had to wait 3 weeks to see Return of the Jedi because he wasn't home yet.

In a lot of ways, I find it more amazing that my dad is still as stoked for Star Wars at age 66 as he was at age 29, more than at 3 and then at 40.
jr15aggie
AG
Funny hearing y'all talk about timelines. I was a child when the original trilogy came out. Was a young adult when the prequels hit. And now I have kids of my own ready to watch this new generation of films.
TCTTS
AG
Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), and Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) are all officially testing for the first spin-off film, which is still rumored to focus on a group of bounty hunters tasked with stealing the plans to the Death Star. Can't go wrong with any one of these, IMO...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tatiana-maslany-rooney-mara-testing-764807
Saxsoon
AG
Of those three, I would pick between Maslany or Jones, leaning towards Maslany. She literally carries an entire show with multiple characters, she can carry a movie.
Farmer1906
AG
I vote for Felicity Jones
TCTTS
AG
For me, I guess it depends on the role. Each actress has their merits, but if I had to pick based on sheer talent alone I'd go Tatiana Maslany.
Saxsoon
AG

All female bounty hunter team

Ulrich
quote:

Title suggestion: Lando's Angels: From the Moons of Iego

Malachi Constant
AG
When are the spin-off films supposed to take place in the Star Wars universe? Obviously, this one sounds like it would take place concurrent with A New Hope.

Not sure how I feel about 'prequels' like this...
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
When are the spin-off films supposed to take place in the Star Wars universe? Obviously, this one sounds like it would take place concurrent with A New Hope.

What is not to like?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Obviously, the EU is done and gone, but the EU story Hammertong by Timothy Zahn involves 2 assassins disguised as female bounty hunters who are seen in A New Hope's cantina scene. The story has them transporting part of the second Death Star's super laser and having a crisis of conscience about it. could be at least part of the foundation for the alleged story about female bounty hunters and death star plans.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammertong:_The_Tale_of_the_%22Tonnika_Sisters%22

Max Power
AG
quote:
quote:

Title suggestion: Lando's Angels: From the Moons of Iego

I'd prefer Calrissian's 11.
Hello there
Rebellion Dogs
fig96
AG
quote:
Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything), and Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) are all officially testing for the first spin-off film, which is still rumored to focus on a group of bounty hunters tasked with stealing the plans to the Death Star. Can't go wrong with any one of these, IMO...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tatiana-maslany-rooney-mara-testing-764807
Potentially related, it's going to be a sin if we don't get Ventress on the big screen.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

There's no set time period. The first one looks to be just prior to A New Hope, but the next one could be 200 years in the past or future. There's a freedom with these movies to do whatever they want, whenever they want.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If they would make KOTOR with Revan, Malak, Canderous, and Bastilla, I would buy a round of blue milks all around.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

There's no set time period. The first one looks to be just prior to A New Hope, but the next one could be 200 years in the past or future. There's a freedom with these movies to do whatever they want, whenever they want.
They aren't even spinoffs, are they? Just other stories that take place in the Star Wars Universe?
Hello there
quote:
quote:
quote:

They aren't even spinoffs, are they? Just other stories that take place in the Star Wars Universe?
Not trying to be a smartass but, doesn't that fall under the definition of spinoff?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not trying to be a smartass but, doesn't that fall under the definition of spinoff?
I think to be defined as a spinoff it the films would have to encompass characters currently in the existing films, and I don't think that will necessarily be the case.
TCTTS
AG
I think the technical term being used is actually "stand alone" films. I mean, yes, they're all "spin-offs" of the core Star Wars universe, but "stand alone" is the proper terminology for now.
mid90
AG
quote:
If they would make KOTOR with Revan, Malak, Canderous, and Bastilla, I would buy a round of blue milks all around.
Would love to see a Star Wars: Dark Forces/Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy spinoff.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Would love to see a Star Wars: Dark Forces/Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy spinoff.
Jedi Outcast is a great story. Jedi Academy has some really fun levels; always liked the one that is a knockoff of The World's Most Dangerous Game when you get captured by the warlord who disarms you, then lets you out to hunt you.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I think the TECHNICAL term being used is ACTUALLY "stand alone" films. I mean, yes, THEY'RE ALL "spin-offs" of the core Star Wars universe, but "stand alone" is the PROPER TERMINOLOGY for now.
FIFY, nerd.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.