Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,104 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Helping out with those broken images.

#1 Natalie Portman vs. #2 Keira Knightley

#1 Daisy Ridley vs. #2 Keri Russell
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Incoming "none of those women are attractive" post...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Portman and Kneightly need to do a film where they are trapped on a deserted island together and get lonely.
double aught
AG
Not exactly the same, but there's a scene from Black Swan that I think might be right up your alley.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
double aught said:

Not exactly the same, but there's a scene from Black Swan that I think might be right up your alley.
my movie is better.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Incoming "none of those women are attractive" post...
Three of them are.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
one competition is a dead heat. 2 others are separated by fewer than 5 votes. I'm going to be working way late tonight so I'm going to cap voting at midnight, make sure you get yours in.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Portman and Kneightly need to do a film where they are trapped on a deserted island together and get lonely.
And then Spilner washes up on shore with nothing but a waterproof container full of dozens of Jimmy John's sandwiches and the party really starts.

Don't even tell me you don't think Spilner was day dreaming about it.
YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

And then Spilner washes up on shore with nothing but a waterproof container full of dozens of Jimmy John's sandwiches and the party really starts.

Don't even tell me you don't think Spilner was day dreaming about it.
[YouBet shushes Keira and pushes her out to sea so he can be alone with Portman.]
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

It is very telling of who we lot are at heart by how WAY WAY WAY more people are voting in this contest than the last one.
I'm curious how many more are voting that are only lurking in this thread...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This morning, we had more votes in the first 3 hours than we did for the final of the character contest.
Belton Ag
AG
I'm still wondering what Spilner is doing wearing nothing but a box of sandwiches. Sounds pretty weird and kinky, you got room for me?
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

This morning, we had more votes in the first 3 hours than we did for the final of the character contest.
I don't understand what you are saying here but I'm also more than 1 bottle of wine into evening. Talk to me like a 5th grader.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We had more votes in 3 hours for this round, than total votes for the final of the character tournament.

Seems fairly straightforward...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I don't understand what you are saying here but I'm also more than 1 bottle of wine into evening. Talk to me like a 5th grader.
I already talk to you like a 2nd grader, not sure you deserve the upgrade.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A Very Fine Final Four: Ridley, Fisher, Portman, Jones

We topped triple-digit voting for the first time in this poll's long three-day history on Friday, and Daisy Ridley needed every last one of hers. With 107 people casting a ballot, Rey Skypatine defeated the only woman in the galaxy with a "Babu Frik is my co-pilot" bumper sticker by a single vote, 54-53, to win the Jakku regional and advance to the Final Four of Fine Women that I would be scared of talking to in real life.
There, she'll take on her Jedi Master, Carrie Fisher, who whipped Mara Jade like a red-headed step child (you're welcome, pun masters!), When I first saw the final score, I thought it was a rematch of A&M vs. LSU from last fall as Leia racked up 100 votes to what's her face's 7.

The other side of the bracket pairs a woman who kicked ass for 2 straight hours in Rogue One against one who kicked ass for 2 straight movies in the prequels, then stood around barefoot and pregnant in the third one before dying of a bad script broken heart. Yes it's Natalie Portman vs. Felicity Jones. Portman had to sweat it out a bit, defeating Knightley 61-46 while Jones was a surprisingly easy winner over Emilia Clarke, 68-39. Moments after the defeat, Drogon arrived at my house and burned my 2004 Toyota Highlander down to slag, then flew off with my monitor, which displayed a picture of Khaleesi on it.

So onto the final four we go! Vote early, vote often, enjoy the ride (that's what she said).

Semifinal #1 - Leia vs. Rey

Semifinal #2 - Padme vs. Jyn

[url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSIXooF6Ebc8JsFAz90T-tr9-wq1z3RNyIaseU1Nw0wUS1mg/viewform?usp=sf_link][/url]
VOTE

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Khaleesi...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Khaleesi...
That time Brian saw Emilia in a parking garage ...

dave94
AG
Holy S, those pictures of Felicity and Natalie just stop down this entire thread.
TCTTS
AG
Don't think I'm not onto your little trick of putting one of Daisy's more unflattering Rey looks up against that (admittedly cute) image of Carrie. This is like the refs clearly favoring one team over another. For that, I must bring balance to the Force...

PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Well when people are off hand accusing him (and others) of blatant racism, that's not an unexpected response.
I apologize to anyone who felt I was accusing them of blatant racism when I said "not see beauty outside of a certain dynamic".

Feel free to hang my username in effigy for this egregious attack on your character.

Natalie Portman is an easy winner overall
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I Googled their names together and that was the result. And i voted for rey.
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench
Not sure I understand the debate taking place here. Portman is my easy favorite and Ridley is immaculate.
TCTTS
AG
I was just giving Muck a hard time. A few days back he mentioned having a thing for Carrie Fisher, and I just thought it was funny that Rey's latest pic in his post is the worst out of the four, seeing as she's currently head-to-head against Fisher.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Carrie Fisher does have the disadvantage of having grown up and turned into, well, old Carrie Fisher. It's impossible for that not to linger in the back of your mind. All three of her competitors will sadly reach the day where Hollywood casts them aside in favor of newer models and they discover carbs.

Thankfully that day is not today.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Not sure I understand the debate taking place here. Portman is my easy favorite and Ridley is immaculate.
YouBet
AG
Surprised Portman beat Keira by that small of margin and surprised Jones beat Khaleesi by that large of margin.
redline248
AG
I was prepared to vote Emilia all the way to the championship
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That last pic - she doesn't want to lead Anakin on, then she dresses like a $5,000 Republic dactary a night ho for a guy who has only ever seen girls in robes.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just wanna throw out that I voted for Carrie.

Daisy is obviously stunning, but I was just assuming everyone is in their prime for this. Plus I admittedly just loved Carrie as a person. Effortlessly funny and witty.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Right now one matchup is separated by 3 votes, the other by 1.

Here are my considerations for what to do next, as I will be online writing books pretty much 24 hours a day through next Friday.

1) SW Quotes - field of 64 - the OT gets 2 regions, prequels get region, and the sequels, Solo, and Rogue One get one.

2) SW Music tracks - same as above

3) Game of Thrones characters

First Page Last Page
Page 918 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.