Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,979 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was genuinely torn on one of them.

As far as suggestions SW vehicles or droids could be interesting (and super nerdy), and GoT characters would be fun.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Vehicles sounds fun, but I can't imagine a scenario where the Falcon wouldn't win. I've done some preliminaries for a Game of Thrones character one and will probably lean that way. I had a good looking preliminary field of about 50 characters started last week until I realized I had left out Tywin Lannister, Mance Rayder, and Stannis
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As a huge movie scores nerd, I vote for best themes.

But, a GoT characters sounds super fun too.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Can you link to the new thread on here when you make it?
double aught
AG
I love the idea of quotes. You rebel scum!
redline248
AG
1 seed "You rebel scum!" vs 16 seed "that's rebel scum!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
upset special: "I don't like sand."
fig96
AG
Fair point. And for sure, just narrowing down GoT characters is an exercise in itself.
redline248
AG
Could go the full 68 with 4 play-ins, err, opening round matchups
Farmer1906
AG
I refuse to believe this.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

Could go the full 68 with 4 play-ins, err, opening round matchups
I'll call CBS and offer the the rights.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
10.5 hours to go in the semifinals and we've already hit 100 votes (totaled 107 yesterday).

one is 63-37, the other is 55-45.

Dekker_Lentz
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Vehicles sounds fun, but I can't imagine a scenario where the Falcon wouldn't win.

I will have to confess that I like the aesthetics of the Imperial Star Destroyers more than the Falcon. But I could very well be in the minority.
OnlyForNow
AG
I also have never gotten the love for Slave 1... it's a weirdly designed ship, period.

Gimmie something like the Y-wing. Or those Naboo-type star ships.
redline248
AG
I have always been partial to X-wings. Would the Falcon be the Falcon without Han as Captain?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a good pic of our final 4.

AliasMan02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Vehicles sounds fun, but I can't imagine a scenario where the Falcon wouldn't win. I've done some preliminaries for a Game of Thrones character one and will probably lean that way. I had a good looking preliminary field of about 50 characters started last week until I realized I had left out Tywin Lannister, Mance Rayder, and Stannis
Only one way to find out! The hotties tourney has had some upsets.

I think if we do ships, the regions should be specific to the era/medium. Do two regions of movies (maybe one good guys and one bad guys), a region from animation, and a region of EU? That way some of the big showdowns like X-Wing vs Y-Wing or the Falcon wouldn't be Final 4 matchups.
AliasMan02
AG
Just had a list of probably 50 starships written out when Texags glitched out on me.
tamusc
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Just had a list of probably 50 starships written out when Texags glitched out on me.
Write longer posts in Word or Google Docs, then copy/paste it into TexAgs.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. I have an Apple Magic Mouse and the swipe gesture is SO sensitive. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the middle of a long post, my finger accidentally swiped left, it took me back to the previous page, and I lost everything. And yeah, TexAgs will glitch up from time to time as well. I learned my lesson long ago. All lengthy posts go in my Notes app first.
redline248
AG
If you just navigate forward it doesn't keep the text you've written?
TCTTS
AG
For me, no. When I go back to the reply page it's either blank or the text box is frozen.
redline248
AG
That's weird. Maybe post about that on technical support. Or stop using apple
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Yep. I have an Apple Magic Mouse
TCTTS
AG
If I ever "brag" about my very standard computer mouse, please shoot me.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
REBEL YELL: Leia, Jyn Make Date for Title Tilt in Road to Jabba's Finale

One day after knocking off the frequently naked Mother of Dragons in a mild upset, Jyn Erso was at it again Saturday night in the Road to Jabba's Palace semifinals. With a new record 155 votes cast, Erso edged Natalie Portman's Padme Amidala 79-76 to earn a trip to the championship match.

"What chance did I have?" Erso asked rhetorically at her post-matchup press conference. "The question is 'what choice did you have?' Padme Amidala? Fell in love with the biggest mimbo on the Outer Rim. Died of a broken heart despite just giving birth to twin babies and having thousands of friends back on Coruscant getting persecuted by the new Emperor. You give way to a limp noodle like that and you condemn the galaxy to an eternity of bad acting! The time for a hot bad-ass is now!"

A bitter Amidala did what she did best in Revenge of the Sith: start crying about it.
"I didn't believe what I was seeing! Muckraker96 was right about you TexAgs...you've changed! I don't know you anymore! TexAgs..you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow! Because of who you've voted for!"

Erso advances to the championship round against Princess Leia Skywalker Organa Solo who defeated Rey Nobody 93-62. When told that the fanboys of TexAgs were planning a victory part in her honor, Organa suggested that she'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.

Rey was so upset by her loss that she threw a bolt of lightning into a transport ship, then started flying from planet to planet over and over again in like 15 minutes on a wild goose chase, ultimately realizing that the key to everlasting success in this galaxy is a bunch of dead people whispering in your ear and an extra lightsaber.

VOTE FOR THE TITLE!

Talk about bringing balance to the Force.

TCTTS
AG
Madness. What an utter disgrace. You people should be ashamed of what you've done.
Farmer1906
AG
This is weird. Muck must have linked this somewhere else
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This is weird. Muck must have linked this somewhere else
What are you talking about?
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

Madness. What an utter disgrace. You people should be ashamed of what you've done.

This is a farce!
YouBet
AG
I was going to raise hell about Portman losing to Felicity, but I guess I can get on board after seeing this last round of pictures of her. Portman is still prettier though.

No issues with Rey losing. I just don't think she's that great.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not sure of the brackets, but pretty sure it's gonna come down to Natalie Portman vs Emilia Clarke.

That didn't age well
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Collusion. Fake news.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Collusion. Fake news.
Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.

redline248
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 919 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.