Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,073 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always assumed not wanting to give away the reveal, but it could be maybe not wanting to explain a good guy turning bad. In the short stories that we have that come from ROTS - Anakin's turn is completely omitted from the story. In Empire, it leaves out that Vader is Luke's dad, though it does have them fight.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
interesting. I'm going to guess he's not going going to have a enthusiastic and optimistic role.
redline248
AG
Any chance of there being Jedi in this? Nolte would play a better jaded knight/master than Hamill
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Is he playing GRR Martin?

TCTTS
AG
Wow. The showrunner for The Americans...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow.

The future of Star Wars is on television.
TCTTS
AG
Yep...

- Favreau showrunning The Mandalorian.

- Schiff showrunning the Cassian Andor series.

- Even Benioff & Weiss (the hottest showrunners in town) are heading up the new theatrical series.

TV is taking over.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Nick Nolte
He's one of those 70's actors whose stardom is kind of hard to understand today. I guess he was like a less-rugged, slightly more intelligible Kris Kristofferson?
Satellite of Love
Saul Goodman said:

I'll be honest, I never understood the Boba Fett love. His suit looks cool, but outside of that, I don't understand the fascination.
You should read Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Boba is a BA and is still alive post falling into the pit during RotJ
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Page 777
Urban Ag
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Saul Goodman said:

I'll be honest, I never understood the Boba Fett love. His suit looks cool, but outside of that, I don't understand the fascination.
You should read Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Boba is a BA and is still alive post falling into the pit during RotJ
Because in the late 70's you could save up 5 or 6 proof of purchases from the action figures and send them off to some mysterious Kenner toys address and months and months and f'ing months later, they'd send you a special Boba Fett action figure in the mail. The figure was a super big deal as a sort of a sneak peak to ESB which, you know, back then we didn't get jack sh** for movie media. It was actually pretty brilliant on Lucasfilm/Kenner's part to whip about 10 million American boys into a frenzy.

The figure had a little spring propelled rocket that came out of there about 27,000 feet per second and could stun a charging bull rhino. Urban legend was that some kid in Ohio or Iowa or someplace got one shot into his mouth and it blew out the back of his skull like a suppressed 45 ACP round in a mob execution.

That toy became the crown jewel of every Star Wars memorabilia/toy collection and overnight Boba Fett became the most bad ass motorfinger in the galaxy.
AliasMan02
AG
While advertised with the shooting rocket, the toy did NOT have one. Maybe the biggest example of the Mandela Effect in all of fandom!
Duncan Idaho
I had Battlestar Galactica tous that had the firing rockets. They changed the shape of the rockets on later releases so that they wouldn't fire. They would just kind of pop up a few mm.
Here is the after they changed them.

Here is a terrible video that provides context and show mattels reaction. It is a terribly boring video

Render
AG
I hope we meet Cassian's mentor, the man who taught him how to murder people who can't climb walls.
twilly
AG
**** WARNING ****

Lots of new details leaked about The Mandalorian via TheForce.Net

Has The Plot Of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Been Revealed?

Flashdiaz
AG
twilly said:

**** WARNING ****

Lots of new details leaked about The Mandalorian via Force.Net

Interesting...
the baby thing kind of sounds like The Professional. Generally don't like babies in movies\series.
the large lady thing could be code for a female Hutt
changing armor .... duh, i'll have to get the different version of figures.

all in all, still very interested.
agracer
AG
Urban Ag said:

Satellite of Love said:

Saul Goodman said:

Because in the late 70's you could save up 5 or 6 proof of purchases from the action figures and send them off to some mysterious Kenner toys address and months and months and f'ing months later, they'd send you a special Boba Fett action figure in the mail. The figure was a super big deal as a sort of a sneak peak to ESB which, you know, back then we didn't get jack sh** for movie media. It was actually pretty brilliant on Lucasfilm/Kenner's part to whip about 10 million American boys into a frenzy.

The figure had a little spring propelled rocket that came out of there about 27,000 feet per second and could stun a charging bull rhino. Urban legend was that some kid in Ohio or Iowa or someplace got one shot into his mouth and it blew out the back of his skull like a suppressed 45 ACP round in a mob execution.

That toy became the crown jewel of every Star Wars memorabilia/toy collection and overnight Boba Fett became the most bad ass motorfinger in the galaxy.
Actually the lawyers killed it before it was ever put into production. 4 exist and one collector has 3 of them (IIRC from the Netflix "The Toys that Made Us" series).
Urban Ag
AG
I like my recollection of events from 1978 better
dave99ag
AG
Great Netflix series if you're of Star Wars age.
TCTTS
AG
Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

Yep...

- Favreau showrunning The Mandalorian.

- Schiff showrunning the Cassian Andor series.

- Even Benioff & Weiss (the hottest showrunners in town) are heading up the new theatrical series.

TV is taking over.

An all star cast, yet people on this board will nitpick the content to death.
Claude!
Flashdiaz said:

twilly said:

**** WARNING ****

Lots of new details leaked about The Mandalorian via Force.Net

Interesting...
the baby thing kind of sounds like The Professional. Generally don't like babies in movies\series.
the large lady thing could be code for a female Hutt
changing armor .... duh, i'll have to get the different version of figures.

all in all, still very interested.

I was thinking more like Lone Wolf and Cub, which could be pretty neat.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Okay everyone, how much would you personally pay? I'm not a memorabilia guy at all, but if I paid 10k for it I'm confident I'd never regret it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bout tree fiddy.
wangus12
AG
Wouldn't be shocked if it goes for 1/4 mil.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Okay everyone, how much would you personally pay? I'm not a memorabilia guy at all, but if I paid 10k for it I'm confident I'd never regret it.

I'd pay that for an actual lightsaber.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it goes for 1/4 mil.
I think it will easily go for much more than that... there are some RICH StarNerds out there.
twilly
AG
Will wait and see, but if true, Merry Christmas...

The Collective
AG
Maybe a short little BTS type of promotion video with JJ talking and some shots from production.
Urban Ag
AG
So the most exciting thing about Episode 9 is that the last guy f'd up so badly that literally no one cares about this story or these characters. It's exciting, it's like having a blank canvas to start from. This is probably how George felt back in 75.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

So the most exciting thing about Episode 9 is that the last guy f'd up so badly that literally no one cares about this story or these characters. It's exciting, it's like having a blank canvas to start from. This is probably how George felt back in 75.
I feel like Ghost-luke is going to be used ALOT to try to explain why RJ/TLJ did what it did...
Flashdiaz
AG
there's going to be a lot of rebuilding and repairing.
hurleyag
AG
I already the Frozen 2 footage. It was the post credit scene in Ralph Wrecks the Internet!
First Page Last Page
Page 777 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.