Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,756 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blatant Disregard said:

That is what I am talking about
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
His pronunciation - "Yabba the Hut" - might be the greatest thing I've ever heard.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

That's really interesting. This might sound cliche, but I think a huge part of what's missing currently is the "wonder." And if that's what Lucas brought, then yeah, maybe it is missing him in a certain way. All I know is that these new movies so far haven't done anything new or exciting, not only in terms of story, but also in terms special effects, locations, etc. Star Wars, back in the day, was all about cutting edge effects and showing us things we've never seen before. Even the prequels introduced the first all-CGI main cast member in cinematic history with Jar Jar. Granted, he sucked, but there was still a buzz and a "wonder" in the attempt. In contrast, these new movies just feel like the bare minimum in terms of effort when it comes to creating new and interesting worlds we've never seen, or attempting some new kind of special effect, etc. There's NOTHING in these movies I haven't seen before, where as Star Wars used to feel like the ONE guaranteed place you could go to have your mind blown in that regard. And yes, it's a completely different cinematic landscape now, and new visionaries have emerged in other exciting ways, but it's sad that Star Wars no longer feels like it's at the forefront of all that. It's become just a bunch of rehashed and remixed stuff we've seen over and over now.
Agree with this but I would counter with one argument against: the visual of the kamikaze scene was pretty spectacular even if it wasn't groundbreaking special effects (no idea if it was or wasn't). All of the context and lack of logic behind that decision aside.
Dro07
AG
TCTTS said:

His pronunciation - "Yabba the Hut" - might be the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Wait how are you supposed to say it?
YouBet
AG
dromo07 said:

TCTTS said:

Wait how are you supposed to say it?
Assuming you are serious, have you seen the movies?
Dro07
AG
It's a yoke I have his same accent
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Best news ever, as if I needed more inducement to leave my kid with grandparents and attend this ASAP
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want it now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Williams to provide new music for the park, as well.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/star-wars-land-disneyland-john-williams-new-attractions-1203031846/

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Malachi Constant
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know who that is, but it's a safe assumption that Celebration will the first Ep IX trailer.

And come to think of it, it's gonna be a pretty packed slate this year.

Guaranteed:
Episode IX (Trailer, poster, title, etc.)

Very likely:
The Mandalorian Trailer
Benioff & Weiss movie details (Movie titles, release dates, directors, cast, etc.)

Possible:
Rian Johnson movie details (We still have NOTHING on this)
Cassian Andor series details

I'm so pumped to be attending next year. Looks like I picked a good year!
Malachi Constant
AG
Mostly confirming that we won't have a teaser during Christmas like with TFA.
Dro07
AG
Really sucks that we don't have a Star Wars movie this December to watch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, feels like something is missing. It quickly became a holiday tradition to have a new Star Wars.

On the other the hand, TLJ still feels very recent to me. Not sure if it's just me.
Beat40
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, feels like something is missing. It quickly became a holiday tradition to have a new Star Wars.

On the other the hand, TLJ still feels very recent to me. Not sure if it's just me.

Agree with you. Glad it's next year and not this year.

For the teaser, they need to do something like show a new world, or a brief clip of Kylo Ren going all Rouge One Darth Vader on fools.
John Matrix
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same here. Was kind of hoping we'd see some footage or something. In the end, it's probabky better Star Wars takes a break. The Last Jedi wars have been exhausting, and I think a break from all that is a good thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://slate.com/culture/2018/11/obi-wan-kenobi-movie-boris-johnson.html

Oh God yes
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://slate.com/culture/2018/11/obi-wan-kenobi-movie-boris-johnson.html

Oh God yes

Not sure this is that credible.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, when it comes to Star Wars news, I think I'd take my grandma's word before Boris Johnson, and my grandma knows next to nothing about Star Wars. I also wasn't aware George Lucas was back...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And I thank him for it. I am eternally grateful. But, he is hardly the first artist to go off the rails and risk destroying what he created.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BqsRcFeBla-
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

https://instagr.am/p/BqsRcFeBla-
I would happily let this group make all the things.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
He couldn't even evade death when merely projecting himself into battle.
TCTTS
AG
Love this. Over the holidays I'm going to show these to my nephews, who just turned five and still have trouble sitting through a two-hour movie, but can watch cartoons on a iPad for hours if we let them...

AliasMan02
AG
This is awesome
Urban Ag
AG
Target Audience: boys age 4 to 12

Actual viewership: men age 35 to 55

exitone
AG
Came here to post this.... this looks awesome. I would have preferred this visual style to what they are using for Resistance right now.
Sex Panther
AG
Urban Ag said:

Target Audience: boys age 4 to 12

Actual viewership: men age 35 to 55

The Collective
AG
One thing I respect about the SW kid books is that they tiptoe around the fact that Vader is Luke's father. So, we were able to read those books to our kids, and neither of them knew about it until we decided to let them watch the movies. I wonder how they will handle it in this cartoon series.
Urban Ag
AG
Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning in trying to prevent the kids from knowing that?
First Page Last Page
Page 776 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.