Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,965 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first line of Episode 9 is probably, "This will begin to set things right."
Flashdiaz
AG
Rex Racer said:

The first line of Episode 9 is probably, "This will begin to set things right."
or "forget about the past, kill it if you have to. or even want to"
TCTTS
AG
And I would be equally shocked if this actually happens. I'd be willing to bet just about anything that we're not getting an Episode IX trailer this year. If fact, I'd put quite a bit down on a parlay of this exact sequence of events...

- Title announcement in January.

- Teaser trailer debut at Star Wars Celebration (and simultaneously online) the morning of Thursday, April 11, 2019.

- Like Infinity War, A4 moves up a week to Friday, April 26, and we get the theatrical debut of the teaser trailer the night of Thursday, April 25.
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

And I would be equally shocked if this actually happens. I'd be willing to bet just about anything that we're not getting an Episode IX trailer this year. If fact, I'd put quite a bit down on a parlay of this exact sequence of events...

- Title announcement in January.

- Teaser trailer debut at Star Wars Celebration (and simultaneously online) the morning of Thursday, April 11, 2019.

- Like Infinity War, A4 moves up a week to Friday, April 26, and we get the theatrical debut of the teaser trailer the night of Thursday, April 25.
Just to add a little bit to what you're saying. We should be getting info soon on the opening dates for Galaxy's Edge (Star Wars Land) for Disneyland and DWorld. Those dates have to come out soon because of the lead time needed to plan a Disney vacation to Florida or California. Best info I've seen says late summer for DL, and late fall for DW.

It would not surprise me that once those dates hit the public, there will be a constant drip of SW announcements happening soon thereafter (TV streaming series, books, movie clips, Celebration PR, etc.) to gen up interest for the parks.
Belton Ag
AG
We're planning a Disney trip to California for the summer and we have been waiting to book the trip based on the park opening date. I'm really hoping a formal opening date comes out at the beginning of the year because I need to schedule the trip as early as possible.
TCTTS
AG
Good point, and all the more reason to hold off on any Star Wars marketing for the rest of the year. After the poorly received Last Jedi, and Solo bombing theatrically, it makes sense to take a nice, 7-8 month break, let everyone recharge their Star Wars batteries, and them, boom, from January 2019 on, it sounds like there will be a steady drip of Star Wars news/content/teases for the first half of the year... an Episode IX title announcement, Galaxy's Edge dates, Celebration, the Episode IX teaser trailer, The Mandalorian teaser trailer, etc. And the second half of the year will of course then bring the opening of Galaxy's Edge itself, Disney+ and Episode IX, along with whatever books and everything else you touched on. 2019 is going to be jam packed, and there's just no need to start any kind of a marketing push on any of it in 2018.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

Giancarlo Esposito!

Werner Herzog?!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hell, I forgot that Nick Nolte was still around.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

Giancarlo Esposito!

Werner Herzog?!
That Omid guy is 100% playing a weasely character
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Giancarlo Esposito!

Werner Herzog?!

That guy from that Revolution show where the electrical grid went down?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Yes but more importantly Breaking Bad
Duncan Idaho
veryfuller said:

Yes but more importantly Breaking Bad

Wait he was in that
Belton Ag
AG
That's the guy that was in the usual suspects that questioned the Hungarian dude at the hospital, right?
Dro07
AG
Ya he was Gus the chicken guy.
Duncan Idaho
You sure about that? I don't remember him in a wheelchair
Dro07
AG
Never said he was in a wheel chair. He was killed by a guy in the wheelchair bomb though
Duncan Idaho
Doesn't ring a bell
Dro07
AG
Ah gotcha
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Doesn't ring a bell
double aught
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

Quote:

Giancarlo Esposito!

Werner Herzog?!

That guy from that Revolution show where the electrical grid went down?
Likely the first time Giancarlo Esposito's ever been referred to as the guy from Revolution.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

Like the sound of that. Opens up all sorts of possibilities.
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Haven't clicked the link, but I'm interested now.
Fenrir
The more they talk about it the more I get a Firefly vibe from it.
redline248
AG
Twitter thread on lightspeed ramming (you'll have to click the tweet and scroll through all the posts)

Edit: no idea who this person is
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Twitter thread on lightspeed ramming (you'll have to click the tweet and scroll through all the posts)

Edit: no idea who this person is
All a good theory. Add to it the other variable that the entry point to the appropriate hyperlane was already calculated and entered into the navicomputer by Poe during his mutiny. As the ships continued to move through space, the Raddus's angle of approach changed such that the FO fleet was between it and the hyperspace lane.

That's from the novelization.
TCTTS
AG
Render
AG
So this YT guy got permission from Disney to do a fan-made web-series about pre-ANH Vader. The series will be released in parts. Apparently he's spent $120,000+ of his own money on Part 1 alone. The first episode of the free series goes up on YT tomorrow (Dec. 21). Although not sure what time it goes up.

It looks interesting, and I figured TA would want to know about it.

Teaser:

Complete information about the project via their Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/StarWarsTheory
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-anakin-father-emperor/amp/
redline248
AG
Ok, whatever. Comics have never played by the rules.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-anakin-father-emperor/amp/
That is being revealed to lead to the upcoming who is Rey's parents....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Meh, didn't make it past 3 mins.

"This movie is great bc Han was funny when he pretended to be a stormtrooper!"
AliasMan02
AG
I've probably mentioned this before, but a year out from Ep IX it's worth mentioning again. Phil Szostak is a great follow on Twitter. He posts all kinds of great concept art and stuff dug up from the archives.

Check out Phil Szostak (@PhilSzostak): https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak?s=09

First Page Last Page
Page 778 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.