Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,343 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by TCTTS
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Ok, who here is a Russian troll??? Fess up!

There go another 5 pages of the Star Wars thread. And we were doing so well with discussions about Resistance and Mandalore.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, it feels like we're past all that for the most part. There's nothing really new in the article. Bots took a legit, online sentiment and amplified it. Simple as that. I was posting it as a joke more than anything.
Dro07
AG
Movie was crap. Didn't need Russia to get involved
Dro07
AG
Dammit see what you made do?!
amercer
AG
dromo07 said:

Movie was crap. Didn't need Russia to get involved

Commie troll.

Ag Since 83
AG
In Soviet Russia, movie hate you
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I feel like that movie DID hate me
redline248
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I feel like that movie DID hate me

Well that's only bc you're a white male
bearamedic99
AG
Alpha CU Aggie must have been a commie bot...
WestAustinAg
AG
The actual study (underlying the article) really just explains that 50% of all criticism online was political. Not that surprising given the movie was overtly political with it's overt SJW themes of rich people are bad, animals need to be freed, girl power!, etc.
Flashdiaz
AG
I thought\hoped we were past this

israeliag
AG
My remark was more in anticipation of how some will reply to your post, not the post itself. And then how those replies then seem to feed into themselves like some positive-feedback state machine.
TCTTS
AG
I hear you. Still, I probably shouldn't have posted it. It was all for a dumb Russian bot joke, considering my and most of this board's dislike of the movie is very real. But I'm with Flashdiaz - Let's move along!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I thought\hoped we were past this

Yes, move along.

Re-watched half of Solo with the family last night, only my second viewing. When Han and Qi'ra were trying to get off Corellia, a Storm Trooper at the spaceport is clearly telling bystanders to "move along, move along".

I caught the Bossk reference again. Caught the Scarif reference, definitely missed that one the first time. The dice were obvious, kind of cool they've shown up in the last two movies.

When Han says to Chewie "what, you're 190 years old" that one took me way back to first grade in 1980. Anyone remember those Star Wars story books you could get from book fair? I clearly remember there was a page at the beginning for the ESB story book that had a picture and brief bio for the main characters. Chewbacca was noted as being 200 years old. Solo takes place 10 years before ANH. That was a pretty cool bit of dialogue reaching way back in the canon.

What other references or easter eggs did I miss that anyone else picked up?
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
My body is ready for a Star Wars tv show. I wonder what kind of intro/opening they will come up with for this show.
Flashdiaz
AG
interesting question... i'd say a quick logo display like Black Mirror. Rogue One and Solo had quick movie name flashes.
TCTTS
AG
Sweet, I didn't realize they were shooting this in LA. El Segundo is right down the highway from me. Has anything Star Wars ever shot in LA? I feel like it's almost always shot at Pinewood Studios in London or some exotic location...

The Collective
AG
I don't believe any SW studio shoots have ever been in the US, and I know they've never been in LA for location shots.
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench
I sense a Redstone post coming on.
Redstone
AG
No true Star Wars fan is happy with what Lucas and Kennedy have done. There are hundreds of writers of its online fan fiction who could have provided us with superior space opera.
goinjukin
I have questions.
Malachi Constant
AG
Redstone said:

No true Star Wars fan is happy with what Lucas and Kennedy have done. There are hundreds of writers of its online fan fiction who could have provided us with superior space opera.
OMG how bad is it that I actually kind of agree with this????
Liquid Wrench
I was expecting him to say that he had known for quite some about the SW show filming in El Segundo but wanted to wait to say anything out of respect.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Sweet, I didn't realize they were shooting this in LA. El Segundo is right down the highway from me. Has anything Star Wars ever shot in LA? I feel like it's almost always shot at Pinewood Studios in London or some exotic location...

Not LA, but the Sarlacc sequence of Return of the Jedi was filmed relatively close in Yuma, AZ.
Redstone
AG
It takes 5 stars to go blue on Politics but 4 on Enertainment? What are the minimum metrics for each board?
redline248
AG
It's actually only 3 on here, and most boards. General and Politics are 5 and it's 10 on premium. Probably higher than 3 on the zoo, also.

And now I'm feeding it...
Redstone
AG
Staff, would you consider changing the metrics?
Maybe 5 per board, and then 10 for the most highly trafficked, such as Politics?
512Ag
AG
You know you're in for a good day when you get in the truck, put your music on shuffle, and the first song that plays is "The Throne Room/End Titles."
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

This would be awesome.
twilly
AG
AggieDem said:

You know you're in for a good day when you get in the truck, put your music on shuffle, and the first song that plays is "The Throne Room/End Titles."
The Throne Room = My Ringtone
SpreadsheetAg
AG
twilly said:

AggieDem said:

The Throne Room = My Ringtone
Bruh:

This would be my walkout music if I was in baseball; it would also be my pre-game headphones song for the spirit walk (along with Noble Men of Kyle, Strategic Air Command, and Them Basses)

Does anyone else mentally hear the Chewbacca "GRRWAARRRRRR" during the song everytime you listen to it? Would be around 1:30-1:35 of the video above.
First Page Last Page
Page 768 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.