Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,208 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have no issue with Kathleen. I think Disney realizes that they made mistakes (timeline for example), many are not Kathleen's doing. It is difficult to find someone more qualified than her to run a studio.
Render
AG
Not worth getting worked up about. The damage is already done. Used to love Star Wars but now I don't feel anything about it anymore.
Sex Panther
AG
I figured Star Wars fans would've dug up Kathleen's middle school yearbook by now
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
DB Coach
AG
TCTTS said:

In all seriousness, here's Johnson latest directorial effort, a new music video (released today) for LCD Soundsystem, which is pretty damn cool. This is the kind of stuff he should be doing. Not music videos, per se, but quirky, original fare with hints of sci-fi/other distinct genres. NOT Star Wars. The guy is super talented. He has a unique voice. And I honestly can't wait for his next feature, Knives Out, with Daniel Craig. I just wish he wouldn't follow it up with Star Wars again. We'll see, though. Maybe, since it's "home grown" this time, and we won't be married to the characters, he can somehow find a way to make the next trilogy play to his strengths instead of against them...

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing!
exitone
AG
Pics from the live action Star Wars series. Sounds like its set to start filming next week...

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/09/jon-favreaus-live-action-star-wars-television-series-starts-filming-next-week-first-set-photos/
The Collective
AG
Mandalorians
TCTTS
AG
Anyone care to give a brief rundown on the Mandalorians? Didn't they have something to do with Boba Fett?
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Anyone care to give a brief rundown on the Mandalorians? Didn't they have something to do with Boba Fett?
Jango Fett was a Mandalorian, so all the clones...including Boba...were Mandalorian, as an extension. Historically the Mandalorians were enemies of the Jedi, but I'm not really sure what canon says now. Darth Maul took control of Mandalore during the Clone Wars and killed Obi-Wan's platonic girlfriend.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Warrior culture that had many wars with the Jedi (centuries before the PT), but eventually their infighting among clans weakened them. Most abandoned their warrior ways to seek a peaceful existence.

Jango and Boba Fett were not Mandalorians, but wore Mandalorian armor.

Notably, the first Mandalorian Jedi created the Darksaber.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian, so all the clones...including Boba...were Mandalorian, as an extension. Historically the Mandalorians were enemies of the Jedi, but I'm not really sure what canon says now. Darth Maul took control of Mandalore during the Clone Wars and killed Obi-Wan's platonic girlfriend.

Jango claimed to be from a Mandalore world, Concord Dawn, but was not Mandalorian. Him wearing the armor was a point of shame for Mandalorians.
The Collective
AG
So, we might get Sabine in this show, right?
TCTTS
AG
Very interesting. Seems like a worthy group to build a show around.

Thanks!
AliasMan02
AG
CJS4715 said:

So, we might get Sabine in this show, right?

I think it's likely to be set a couple of centuries in the past to stay clear of the existing canon.
The Collective
AG
That's what I thought originally, but the link says it is set after the fall of the Empire (specifically about 3 years after ROTJ).
TCTTS
AG
The show has been confirmed to take place seven years after Return of the Jedi.
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

That's what I thought originally, but the link says it is set after the fall of the Empire (specifically about 3 years after ROTJ).
Won't she be busy looking for Ezra, then?
TCTTS
AG
Three years is a new number. I don't know where they're getting that from. Guess it really doesn't matter either way.
AliasMan02
AG
CJS4715 said:

That's what I thought originally, but the link says it is set after the fall of the Empire.

Ah, my bad. So yes... I'd say Sabine is a possibility. I wonder if it would be too much of a stretch for Tiya Sircar to play her if the role isn't too big.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Most abandoned their warrior ways to seek a peaceful existence.
I almost mentioned that in my post, but then we get to the Rebels timeline and they are all warriors, again. Or was that just a couple of clans?
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

CJS4715 said:

That's what I thought originally, but the link says it is set after the fall of the Empire.

Ah, my bad. So yes... I'd say Sabine is a possibility. I wonder if it would be too much of a stretch for Tiya Sircar to play her if the role isn't too big.
She doesn't look anything like Sabine
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Three years is a new number. I don't know where they're getting that from. Guess it really doesn't matter either way.

I bet it is really 3 years after the fall of the Empire, not ROTJ. I assume that is probably close to 7 years after ROTJ.

Anyway, this should be interesting, and you can probably have a show with little to no force influence, except maybe just spoken in legend/folklore.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

The show has been confirmed to take place seven years after Return of the Jedi.

That makes Sabine 32 in the series, in 11 ABY. She presumably goes searching for Ezra in 4 ABY or thereabouts.

I'd say a pop in appearance of Sabine and... dare I say Ahsoka... is doable down the line.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

I almost mentioned that in my post, but then we get to the Rebels timeline and they are all warriors, again. Or was that just a couple of clans?

Everyone but the Deathwatch, we're led to believe.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

CJS4715 said:

She doesn't look anything like Sabine

Other than Chopper we've never really had a character jump from animation to live action. I wonder how constrained they'd feel about keeping the appearance right.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

Right, so did falling under control of the Empire change stuff? Sabine's family was pretty much all warriors when she went home.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

Right, so did falling under control of the Empire change stuff? Sabine's family was pretty much all warriors when she went home.

After the Siege of Mandalore, the Republic controlled the planet and installed Bo-Katan Kryse as its leader. When the Emperor came to power, he deposed her and installed Gar Saxon (I think) who he even called the Emperor's Hand.

In Rebels we have some Mandalorians thrown in with the foreign power, including the Super Commandos. Sabine's family was part of the population against being ruled by outsiders.
Flashdiaz
AG
1978:

1980:

israeliag
AG
I could absolutely see Katee Sackhoff playing Bo-Katan (whom she voiced). And I think Tiya Sircar, at least visually, could absolutely pull off Sabine. Just gotta dye her hair. I've only really seen her in the Good Place, so not sure if she has the chops though.

Interestingly Jon Favreau actually voiced a Mandalorian himself in The Clone Wars.
twilly
AG
New extended trailer for Star Wars Resistance. Premieres Sunday 9pm Central - Disney Channel
Also two additional episodes will debut on DisneyNOW app.
The Collective
AG
Someone did pretty good voice work for Leia in that.
Dro07
AG
Looks good. Need to get over the animation style though...
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

Looks good. Need to get over the animation style though...

Now that I've seen the extended trailer, I'm actually fine with the animation. At least the frame rate looks smooth and isn't intentionally neutered to "make it feel like traditional hand drawn animation" like Netflix's The Dragon Prince....
israeliag
AG
I think the animation style looks much better than Rebels.
AliasMan02
AG
Forgot this was so soon. Looks great.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, who here is a Russian troll??? Fess up!

First Page Last Page
Page 767 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.