Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,780 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I had the DJ play it at our wedding reception when we walked in for the first time. It was great.

And yes, I always hear the Chewy roar. Every time.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BofTUzhBtrZ
TCTTS
AG
So there you have it. The title for the first-ever live-action Star Wars television series.

The Mandalorian

It almost feels like a western or something, and I absolutely love it.
Quad Dog
AG
So basically Star Wars doing Firefly? I'm in.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

So there you have it. The title for the first-ever live-action Star Wars television series.

The Mandalorian

It almost feels like a western or something, and I absolutely love it.
It totally feels like a western, love it.
Zemira
AG
Quad Dog said:

So basically Star Wars doing Firefly? I'm in.

Insert kid praying with a dog picture.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wasn't Firefly doing Star Wars?
Flashdiaz
AG
So it's not Boba after escaping the Saarlac pit...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

I was all for this casting prior, but it makes even more sense now if true.
Quad Dog
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kind of. Stole the aestetic but told a western story about the guys just trying to get by and not blow up the Death Star.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My dick is so engorged rn.
Zemira
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes, but we only got one season. We need a decent cowboy space fantasy!
TCTTS
AG
That hasn't ben confirmed either way. Could be one season, or could be more if successful. Either way, there will be other series as well.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

That hasn't ben confirmed either way. Could be one season, or could be more if successful. Either way, there will be other series as well.

Firefly was only one season.
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, read that as "we've only got one season" in reference to the SW show, not Firefly.
Zemira
AG
Sorry I'm not extremely coherent tonight.
AliasMan02
AG
So, something to consider about this possible storyline. Probably nothing, but would fit the description.

In the canon, Boba Fett's armor was recovered by some Jawas and taken by a former slave named Cobb Vanth, who sets himself up as sheriff of Freetown on Tatooine.

I'm sure the story is a new one BUT if they were to pull from a bit of canon as a sort of prompt that also touches on the classic trilogy, that would be a good one.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cobb_Vanth
Ambres
AG
Ok .. this was my #2 type story that I wanted to see.. so they can take my money especially since I can Jon Favreau touches .. this can be amazing.

Now where is my Rogue Squadron... start it after the Battle of Endor.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
73% certain "The Mandalorian" will be a female... and if she's anything like Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman I am in.
Zemira
AG
Yuck!

I want some young male hunk oozing testosterone sexpot to drool over.

He can have a cute female side kick.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Zemira said:

Yuck!

You need a male that looks hard and rough, not a pretty boy...

Someone like Sam Hueghan, Jason Momoa, or Pilou Asbaek

In fact Pilou Asbaek would be awesome, based his performance as Euron Greyjoy...
Zemira
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Zemira said:

Yuck!

You need a male that looks hard and rough, not a pretty boy...

Someone like Sam Huegan

Did I say pretty? I said hunky! You sir are a genius, except he's got to film Seasons 5&6 of Outlander.

Sam Hueghan is hunky, he oozes testosterone, and he's a sexpot!!! Yum!
Zemira
AG
I missed your edit. Pilou Asbaek is hot but not as hunky as Sam.

Unfortunately I haven't watched Game of Thrones so I don't know about his acting ability.

And no I'm not watching Game of Thrones. If I watch an HBO series before it is finished it drives me nutty.
TCTTS
AG
Missed this. Fraser not only shot Rogue One, but Zero Dark Thirty, Lion, Foxcatcher, and Killing Them Softly. One of the best in the business. At the very least this thing is going to look phenomenal...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
https://www.cinemark.com/thevoid

Quote:

It's hyper-reality. It's technical achievement. But mainly, it's fun! THE VOID is a whole-body, fully immersive VR experience, full of surprises at every turn; with you, your family and friends inside the action. One second you're standing on solid ground, the next you're stepping deep into darkness, looking at unimaginable beauty or fending off danger from another realm. Did you see it? Did you feel it? What's next? You'll just have to experience it to understand.

Quote:

A galaxy far, far away needs your help. In teams of four, be transported with family and friends in a brand new hyper-reality experience from Lucasfilm, ILMxLAB and The VOID.

Under the orders of the budding rebellion, your team will travel to the molten planet of Mustafar. Your mission is to recover Imperial intelligence vital to the rebellion's survival. Alongside the pragmatic droid K-2S0, your team must navigate through an enemy facility walking into danger at every turn. Disguised as stormtroopers, grab your blaster, solve puzzles, and fight giant lava monsters in an effort to fulfill your team's orders.

Pushing the boundaries of location-based virtual reality, The VOID and ILMxLAB bring the Star Wars universe to life through a multi-sensory, untethered story.

Quote:

Up to four people can enter THE VOID at the same time. Together, you can walk down virtual streets, search out secret tunnels, send a proton blast to enemy demons and make memories of a lifetime in worlds far, far away.
redline248
AG
Not so random thought:

I still have my doubts about how interested the populace will be in a Star Wars series that doesn't have any Jedi or Force stuff. What will distinguish this from any other sci-fi series, other than the Star Wars label?
Flashdiaz
AG

(lol I probably just proved your point)
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Since its not broadcast, they don't need to make a play for the general population. In fact, this show is a play for Star Wars fans to sign up for the Disney streaming service. As long as its a good show, people will watch it eventually if they are signed up and into Star Wars.
YellowPot_97
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

twilly said:

AggieDem said:

You know you're in for a good day when you get in the truck, put your music on shuffle, and the first song that plays is "The Throne Room/End Titles."
The Throne Room = My Ringtone
Bruh:

This would be my walkout music if I was in baseball; it would also be my pre-game headphones song for the spirit walk (along with Noble Men of Kyle, Strategic Air Command, and Them Basses)

Does anyone else mentally hear the Chewbacca "GRRWAARRRRRR" during the song everytime you listen to it? Would be around 1:30-1:35 of the video above.

We played it at our wedding as well. "You May kiss the bride" BOOM! Throne Room mid kiss. Made a great recessional.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant to share these. Yes, I am an unabashed fanboy.

The Collective
AG
The waiting area for character meet with all of the lightsabers is pretty damn sweet.
redline248
AG
Did you ask Kylo "who talks first, do I talk first?"
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

Did you ask Kylo "who talks first, do I talk first?"
Kylo was actually hilarious when we went last year. Had my twin nieces with me and he looks at them, points to one and says, "I sense this one is trouble." (He was right.)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

Not so random thought:

I still have my doubts about how interested the populace will be in a Star Wars series that doesn't have any Jedi or Force stuff. What will distinguish this from any other sci-fi series, other than the Star Wars label?
IF it's 7 years after ROTJ, then Luke may be at the height of his Academy training ... there will be some Jedi...
First Page Last Page
Page 769 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.