Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,694 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

redline248 said:

Not so random thought:

I still have my doubts about how interested the populace will be in a Star Wars series that doesn't have any Jedi or Force stuff. What will distinguish this from any other sci-fi series, other than the Star Wars label?
IF it's 7 years after ROTJ, then Luke may be at the height of his Academy training ... there will be some Jedi...
Not necessarily, if it's on the edges of the galaxy, or whatever the rundown was from Favreau. Also, wouldn't the "height" of his academy be even later, since Ben was like a 14 or 15 year old at that time?
Belton Ag
AG
Part of me hopes that this will delve a little into the origins of Snoke, since it takes places in the far edges of the galaxy after the fall of the Empire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The dude doing Kylo had a great voice. Sounded just like Adam Driver.

Also, the stormtrooper played with my NES controller on my shirt, trying to press the buttons. That was pretty funny.
redline248
AG
I will not make a political/current events joke

etc
TCTTS
AG
There have been promises of some legit "surprises" from the series in terms of cameos/connections/etc. There's no way the first ever SW series is going to be *that* removed from everything fans know and love about the franchise. While I can't see Harrison Ford participating or lending his likeness to any kind of de-aging process, I'd bet just about anything that a de-aged Hamill/Luke shows up at some point, in a very limited capacity. And seeing as the First Order is mentioned in Favreau's announcement (even if it's to say they don't exist yet), I bet we get some kind of First Order rumblings as well - maybe brief glimpses or hints of them first coming together, or even hints of Snoke, etc - again, even if only referenced and not outright shown.

Other potential connections/cameos...

- A de-aged/CGI Liea appearance (though I doubt they go there)
- A younger Lor San Tekka
- Poe Dameron's parents
- An old Qi'ra
- And maybe even some kind of brief wink to Rey's "nobody" parents

Trust me, I'd love for this series to stand on its own as much as possible, and I'm the last person who wants this galaxy feeling as small as it does, with everyone popping up in each other's stories, but the reality is that Disney/Lucasfilm will want as many wink-wink connections/cameos as they can get, but I trust Favreau & co to hopefully deliver them as elegantly, organically, and smartly as possible.
Flashdiaz
AG
if they don't use Vader's castle or the Knights of Ren in some movie or live action TV show i'm going to go full Kylo after letting the girl get away.
double aught
AG
CJS4715 said:

The waiting area for character meet with all of the lightsabers is pretty damn sweet.
I was impressed with the degree of Star Wars entertainment at Hollywood Studios considering the Star Wars area isn't open yet.

My four year old daughter was excited to meet BB8. We didn't realize we had gotten in the wrong line until we turned the final corner and Chewbacca was right in front of us. She was a bit shocked.
Zemira
AG
I personally love Chewbacca. He is my favorite.

Although I'm in the minority I like the Ewoks and the Porgs too.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
TCTTS said:

There have been promises of some legit "surprises" from the series in terms of cameos/connections/etc. There's no way the first ever SW series is going to be *that* removed from everything fans know and love about the franchise. While I can't see Harrison Ford participating or lending his likeness to any kind of de-aging process, I'd bet just about anything that a de-aged Hamill/Luke shows up at some point, in a very limited capacity. And seeing as the First Order is mentioned in Favreau's announcement (even if it's to say they don't exist yet), I bet we get some kind of First Order rumblings as well - maybe brief glimpses or hints of them first coming together, or even hints of Snoke, etc - again, even if only referenced and not outright shown.

Other potential connections/cameos...

- A de-aged/CGI Liea appearance (though I doubt they go there)
- A younger Lor San Tekka
- Poe Dameron's parents
- An old Qi'ra
- And maybe even some kind of brief wink to Rey's "nobody" parents

Trust me, I'd love for this series to stand on its own as much as possible, and I'm the last person who wants this galaxy feeling as small as it does, with everyone popping up in each other's stories, but the reality is that Disney/Lucasfilm will want as many wink-wink connections/cameos as they can get, but I trust Favreau & co to hopefully deliver them as elegantly, organically, and smartly as possible.

I will say with Rebels they did a pretty good job on the Easter Eggs and Cameos. And Filioni seems to be involved and he has his fingers on the pulse of the fandom. So I have some faith that this will pull things together and yet stand on its own.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This so hard.
MandoArms
redline248 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

redline248 said:

Not so random thought:

I still have my doubts about how interested the populace will be in a Star Wars series that doesn't have any Jedi or Force stuff. What will distinguish this from any other sci-fi series, other than the Star Wars label?
IF it's 7 years after ROTJ, then Luke may be at the height of his Academy training ... there will be some Jedi...
Not necessarily, if it's on the edges of the galaxy, or whatever the rundown was from Favreau. Also, wouldn't the "height" of his academy be even later, since Ben was like a 14 or 15 year old at that time?
I think 7 years after ROTJ would put it in the time frame of the "Legends of Luke Skywalker" book. In the book Luke is traveling across the galaxy studying other Force related religions and learning as much as he can about the Jedi and the Force. I can see him making an appearance.
IG: mando_arms
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

if they don't use Vader's castle or the Knights of Ren in some movie or live action TV show i'm going to go full Kylo after letting the girl get away.

What girl?
The Collective
AG
Maybe go to Moraband. It's right there in the vicinity of Mandalore.
Dro07
AG
Im guessing Rey
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Boh6JR5AOPr
TCTTS
AG
Taiki Waititi directing as well! Bryce Dallas Howard directing too?! Wow.

Quote:

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Warsuniverse. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
TCTTS
AG
I love that they STILL haven't announced the cast. I kind of hope that we don't know who's under that mask until the character actually takes it off...
TCTTS
AG
(Though I know that's next to impossible in this day and age.)
TCTTS
AG
Also of note: they don't have Favreau listed as a director. Just writer and executive producer.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, scratch that maybe. He's in the byline as "helmed by," which usually means "directed by," but in this case I can't tell if "helm" just means "overseeing."

Quote:

THE MANDALORIAN FIRST IMAGE, DIRECTORS REVEALED
DETAILS EMERGE FOR LUCASFILM'S LIVE-ACTION SERIES HELMED BY JON FAVREAU.
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

https://instagr.am/p/Boh6JR5AOPr

Um....YEAH!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How in the hell is Favreau doing this and Lion King at the same time?
TCTTS
AG
Lion King finished production months and months ago, and it's not like there was that much actual "filming" anyway. I imagine the edit was basically locked a while back as well. At his point he's probably just overseeing visual effects and what not.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

(Fan-made)
redline248
AG
Despite what I said earlier, I love Mandalorians. Damn those are some cool photos
Dro07
AG
Do we know what the lead character is? This is the timeline right when Sabine and Ashoka is looking for Ezra right? I wonder if Ezra is rocking a stashe?
Ag Since 83
AG
Obligatory "it's Boba Fett after he escaped the Sarlacc and changed armor" post
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

Do we know what the lead character is? This is the timeline right when Sabine and Ashoka is looking for Ezra right? I wonder if Ezra is rocking a stashe?

Does this mean we get Thrawn? Because I'd be on board more than I am now for that if it was the case.
Dro07
AG
I wish! I still think thrawn ties into snoke taking over the empire and rising of the new order. Would be great if this show ties it in together.
AliasMan02
AG
I showed the pic to the wife and said the name of the show is The Mandalorian.

The said, "The Midi-Chlorian?"

Unrelated, I'm in the market for a new wife, so keep your eyes peeled for me.
Dro07
TCTTS
AG
Confirmed. Favreau not directing any of the episodes, but it sounds like he's pretty hands on (seeing as he wrote the whole thing). Here's the breakdown...

Quote:

101 Dave Filoni
102 Rick Famuyiwa
103 Deborah Chow
104 Bryce Dallas Howard
105 Dave Filoni
106 Rick Famuyiwa
107 Deborah Chow
108 Taika Waititi

As you can see Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow, and Rick Famuyiwa are directing two episodes each. While Jon Favreau is not directing any episodes, we have seen him around the set and he seemed pretty involved with the work being conducted.

redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

For you, that must have been like forgetting your kid's birthday
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

For you, that must have been like forgetting your kid's birthday

Nah, I could get over that.
First Page Last Page
Page 770 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.