Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,953 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Interesting the way people see the same thing and have different takes. I always thought he was killed by Vader's saber. "If you strike me down..." and all that

Well, now we know Kenobi is a liar, from a certain point of view.
WestAustinAg
AG
For those that have seen the movie again on DVD has anyone ever figured out why Luke was such a fan of Just for Men in the force ghosting sequence?
fig96
AG
WestAustinAg said:

For those that have seen the movie again on DVD has anyone ever figured out why Luke was such a fan of Just for Men in the force ghosting sequence?
Because he projected himself as Kylo would have remembered him.
Ag Since 83
AG
All I know is I'm sure George Lucas has changed his kind on if Vader killed him at least 5 times
Zemira
AG
Meanies I happened to think the porgs are cute.

I also though that ewoks are adorable.
redline248
AG
Porgs are cute enough, I guess.

Ewoks are vicious little murder bears. Freaking cannibals are adorable?
AliasMan02
AG
I friggin love Porgs.
Zemira
AG
redline248 said:

They are little cannibal teddy bears! It's a movie and they are charcters. I wouldn't mind an Ewok stuffed toy, but I wouldn't want a live one.

I think books about vampires and werewolves are cool but I also don't want them in real life.

I have been looking for a porg stuffed toy, but apparently Disney is sold out of them.
The Collective
AG
Family watched through Yoda scene of TLJ tonight. I like it even more than first and second viewing thus far.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Andy F. Serkis
DB Coach
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This may be due to tricky editing, but I have always thought Obi-Wan's body disappeared a split second before getting sliced by Vader.

I think he "decided" to become one with the force similar to Luke in TLJ.
This is exactly what I think as well. Vader even looks at the cloak on the floor like "wtf?"
The Collective
AG
Meryl Streep as Leia? Trolling Thursday has struck on social media.
RebAg13
AG
I think she should be recast.
SeattleAgJr
4 days left if you want in on one of these:

https://www.hasbrolab.com/

AliasMan02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

4 days left if you want in on one of these:

https://www.hasbrolab.com/

I'd bet heavily that the sudden jump over 5000 is just Hasbro juking the numbers. I'm a big crowdfunding guy and have been following this pretty closely. It really wasn't tracking to make it.

It's a VERY ambitious project and I'd guess that Hasbro can justify spotting the campaign a few hundred units if that means this gets done.

Still, glad this is getting done for those that are into it. It's a very cool product and this sort of campaign makes a lot of sense for these sorts of products.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

All Blu-Ray - even the damn prequels.

AGGies0311
Prediction: Captain Phasma isn't dead
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got done watching The Director and the Jedi. Gotta say that's one of the best behind-the-scenes documentaries I've ever seen, right up there with Episode I: The Beginning and all of the LOTR docs.

It's great when they let the audience basically be a fly on the wall, as opposed to the glossy and overly-produced stuff they made for TFA. I hope they do the same for IX.

A few of my favorite moments that stood out:
  • Mark Hamill sharing old stories with the crew about George Lucas and C-3PO.
  • Mark's reaction to seeing Frank Oz doing Yoda again for the first time.
  • The extra on Canto Bight who was in awe of Mark Hamill and apologized for not recognizing him through his prosthetics.
  • Rian's giggling every time he saw something he loved.
  • And of course, the filming of Mark and Carrie's scene. Dead silence on the set.
Dro07
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Prediction: Captain Phasma isn't dead

Can't wait till next episode when the little force kids say... OMG they killed Phasma!
WestAustinAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know how I never saw this in 2012.

SpreadsheetAg
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

pretty sure they are just meat eaters, not cannibals
Brick Tamland
Watched TLJ for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it and was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I still don't like Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, or at least how he's written.

The scene with him and Luke was great, though.
Brick Tamland
I have them all in digital format now
Toptierag2018
saw TLJ opening night in theatres. Idk if I'll be able to get myself to eventually get a second viewing.
israeliag
AG
Just finished season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels.

I know there are threads for that show, but worth mentioning here how good it's been. I was skeptical through season 1 since the tone was quite juvenile (especially coming from The Clone Wars), but the tone they set was great in season 3 (and starting in season 2).

And that Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan showdown gave me such a nerd boner.

There are some great shots in there, too, that really hit home that Filoni should be given a feature film, or a Netflix/HBO-sized budget live action series.

On to season 4...
The Collective
AG
israeliag said:

It's a beautiful scene from the imagery to the character development to the voice work. Sad that show is over.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

israeliag said:

It's a beautiful scene from the imagery to the character development to the voice work. Sad that show is over.
agree. It's one of those scenes where you really should watch the series leading up to it.
boogieman
AG
Great episode. I've rewatched that battle a few times on YouTube.
Toptierag2018
israeliag said:

Just finished season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels.

I know there are threads for that show, but worth mentioning here how good it's been. I was skeptical through season 1 since the tone was quite juvenile (especially coming from The Clone Wars), but the tone they set was great in season 3 (and starting in season 2).

There are some great shots in there, too, that really hit home that Filoni should be given a feature film, or a Netflix/HBO-sized budget live action series.

On to season 4...

Honestly, both the Rebels and Clone Wars shows has done more for Star Wars canon than anything over the last decade plus.
israeliag
AG
Yup - i definitely rewound it and watched 3 times. So simply done that it's perfectly understated. The creative team knew exactly what the moment was and didn't get in the way of it. If only Lucas had shown such reverence for the material at hand.
israeliag
AG
I'd be happy if Disney just went ahead and claimed the PT was not canon, and that only the Clone Wars series was a canonical representation of the Anakin story prior to the OT.
Toptierag2018
israeliag said:

I'd be happy if Disney just went ahead and claimed the PT was not canon, and that only the Clone Wars series was a canonical representation of the Anakin story prior to the OT.

I'd be fine with that. Just have them go back and reinterpret the movie story lines to have the complete story.
First Page Last Page
Page 693 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.