Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,611 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Toptierag2018
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also I'd like to say that with characters like Rose leading the Resistance and the death of Luke etc. I am actively rooting for the First Order in the next movie.
Gigem314
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

Also I'd like to say that with characters like Rose leading the Resistance and the death of Luke etc. I am actively rooting for the First Order in the next movie.
The Collective
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

This guy doesn't think they are going to win the war by saving what they love. Dummy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

This is my Star Wars calendar in my home office - hanging just above my 2011 Mavs title pennant.

why is it blank???

This is Rose month in this TLJ edition. I'm not looking at her for a month. Ugh. Depressing. So I flipped it around.

TCTTS
AG
Does anyone know where I can find the Star Wars thread? Because the only thing SW related I can find is this irrational-hatred-for-a-character-who-was-lame-but-not-nearly-worth-this-level-of-obsession thread.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Does anyone know where I can find the Star Wars thread? Because the only thing SW related I can find is this irrational-hatred-for-a-character-who-was-lame-but-not-nearly-worth-this-level-of-obsession thread.

Disney seems to think she's amazing, and if I remember correctly, didn't most of the reviewers? I feel like they were all lauding her character.
The Collective
AG
Hall monitor time?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

You are wrong.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

In all fairness..................she was a reeeaaallllyyy lame character.

But then again, in the extremely lame words of Rose herself.....you're not going to prove your point by railing against what you hate, but rather fighting for what you love!
AgMarauder04
AG
I've only seen the last few posts about Rose. She pops up every now and then, but certainly doesn't overtake the thread.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

I was trying to have a perfectly Star Wars discussion about Rebels.
AgMarauder04
AG
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

I was trying to have a perfectly Star Wars discussion about Rebels.
I'm really going to miss that show. I respect the hell out of the fact that they told their story then ended it. I have a lot of faith in their future animated shows after that one. The character growth was incredible.
The Collective
AG
When might they announce the next series?
AliasMan02
AG
Watcher TLJ last night. It's good. Parts of it are great, including pretty much everything about Rey's arc.

I still think its weaknesses have more to do with the lack of planning going into TFA by Lucasfilm. Our lack of attachment to characters like Holdo and Rose is really based on the fact that they were introduced and thrown into the mix so quickly. Had Holdo been introduced as Leia's confidante and friend and directed the assault on Starkiller Base, for example, her role would have meant more and fit better. Space Leia wouldn't have been so jarring if we had seen a hint in TFA. Phasma's use wouldn't have been as awkward.

Johnson is great at establishment and consistency, though. For example, we have questioned why Holdo needed to stay back to pilot the Raddus. But the film already established that was necessary earlier on when the medical frigate was destroyed, piloted to the end by its captain. (That won't satisfy many, but he at least addressed it.) Lots of stuff like that, especially building to Luke's bilocation on Crait.
AgMarauder04
AG
"Soon"
israeliag
AG
Sounds like more animated series for Filoni. He's got a great track record there so it's not a bad thing but wish to see what he can bring to other media.
AgMarauder04
AG
Disney is probably approaching a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.

Maybe Filoni likes animation and wants to stay. Who knows, but I'll watch whatever he comes up with.
israeliag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'll watch whatever he comes up with.
True that
The Collective
AG
I hope the animation style is a bit more like CW than Rebels.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I wonder if somewhere in the Star Wars Universe, is Jar Jar Binks breathing a sigh of relief that a new character has come along to perhaps take the title of most worthless character from him?

At least Jar Jar served a role as useless idiot to call for Palp's unlimited powers. Rose is just a pitiful, worthless POS character who has thus far brought nothing even remotely worthy to the Star Wars Universe.
double aught
AG
I agree with TC. This level of hatred if bizarre.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So is anyone excited about this at the end of next month?

I wonder what Disney/Lucas is going to try and explain now...
  • How a parsec can be shortened?
  • Why Han hates droids
  • Why you never quote him the odds
  • Why he doesn't believe in mystical energy fields
  • How he got his DL44 blaster
  • Why he and Lando are "maybe" friends in Empire, yes, but not really, but yeah they are...
  • How he got into smuggling and doesn't trust anyone but Chewie
  • How he earned his Corellian Blood Stripe
  • What modifications he wants to make to the Falcon (if it were his)...
  • Will they show how Sabacc is played? Or is that EU and it's called something else?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Basically a direct response to this thread.

israeliag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

• How a parsec can be shortened?

I really hope we just get this in the opening scene:

[The Falcon jumps out of hyperspace]
Lando: Huh, look at that.
Han: [Looking out the front] Look at what?
Lando: The route we took from Kessel was just under 12 parsecs
Han: What's a parsec?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
boogieman
AG
I shouldn't laugh at that, but...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I liked Rose's character more than I liked Finn in TLJ
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I liked Rose's character more than I liked Finn in TLJ

Finn and Poe were both given backseats in TLJ in favor of Rose. Poe didn't suffer as bad as Finn, but he was still mostly neutered. It really says something when the male lead from the previous film is given nothing of value in the follow-up film.
The Collective
AG
They fooked over Finn so bad that by the end, the best thing for him was to sacrifice himself.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

They fooked over Finn so bad that by the end, the best thing for him was to sacrifice himself.

Agreed... and Rose ruined that too. And did not even have the decency to die herself.

Ugh.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
double aught said:

I agree with TC. This level of hatred if bizarre.
You mean like the hatred for Jar Jar? But my 6 and 8 year old LOVE Jar Jar because he is slapstick funny to them, they probably wouldn't even remember Rose if I asked about her from the movie.

And I have never even showed them Episode 1-3. Their love for Jar Jar comes from the Clone Wars Cartoon.
TCTTS
AG
Veeery interesting...

AgMarauder04
AG
Well, we know nothing about them. For all we know, she was lied to in VIII. JJ can fix it if he wants to in IX
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The problem with that is, you can't expect the next guy to just happen to be on the same page as you.

If he really had her backstory set, he should've put it into TFA.
Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

Veeery interesting...

I think it was pretty obvious that JJ has planned for Rey to be related to Obi Wan in some way. I'm interested into seeing how JJ closes out the trilogy.
First Page Last Page
Page 694 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.