Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,068 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Battlefront II's DLC is out apparently, or uploaders are posting game play from it already. The story campaign also continues in this DLC. Don't want to spoil too much based on what I've watched, but the story where it picks up for the campaign seems to take place pretty much concurrently during TFA.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kenobi, mostly due to Ewan McGregor. But damn if I wouln't be overjoyed to get 2 hours of Vader kicking ass.
Saul Goodman
AG
Vader. That's an easy one for me.

I'd rank them:

Vader
Kenobi
Yoda
Maul
Fett
Revan (don't know who this is - don't flame me)
AgMarauder04
AG
Revan is from a game. Knights of the Old Republc.
ja86
AG
Kenobi
Vader
Revan*
Yoda
Maul
Fett

*problem with Revan though is that there has been no context for his story. Now a series of movies in the KOTOR time frame would be nice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In order of least to most:

Fett - no thanks
Revan - eh
Maul - Might be cool
Yoda - yes pls
Vader - **** yes
Kenobi - Take my ****ing money now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should be thumbs up
Chipotlemonger
AG
My rank, most to least:

• Kenobi - Think this would be great.
  • Revan - KOTOR is my favorite game all time. I think Revan and the whole story is great.
  • Maul - That fan movie someone posted recently was actually quite entertaining. Wish we could see more of this character and the Sith side of things. My KOTOR fandom likely makes me want more Sith stuff because I found it interesting in the game.
  • Vader - Probably lower rank than most, but it's mainly due to my high esteem for the ones I ranked ahead of this spot.
  • Fett - As long as it was in Rogue One style (awesome action/firefights, great buildup and story)
  • Yoda - I think I've seen enough of Yoda, at least during the episode 1-6 timeframe. Pre-Episode 1 would be cool, however I do not trust special effects and would be wary of the amount of CGI used for a Yoda film. Maybe a Yoda with a little person doing motion capture to improve that? (A la Smeagol in LOTR?)

Urban Ag
AG
Quote:

4. Not a fan of sand. I know he'd never been around a girl before, and definitely not around one as smoking hot as Padme, but c'mon dumbass.

best thing I've read on this thread in a long time
Urban Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Top 5 is tough ...

1. the Battle of Hoth.
this image is to me the most jaw-dropping image I have ever seen in any movie

2. duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. I am your father
4. Luke returning to the burning homestead / Rey winning the Force duel for Luke's lightsaber - both of these, with the latter being my guess, reveal to the hero characters their paths in life
5. the entire ending of Rogue One from the moment the rebels penetrate the shield onto Scarif all the way to the point where we see plastic Princess Leia and her daddy doing bad, bad things to everyone in his way
I'm onboard with this. Sans the really bad line of "Detach cable, cable detached" Hoth is, in my opinion, one of if not the greatest battle scenes ever filmed. Like the entire film, it holds up today against anything I've ever seen. Simply magnificent filmmaking.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I've never understood the obsession with Boba Fett.

Give me Vader, and Kenodi.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yoda with dreads? LMAO

I'd be in for a Kenobi movie first, Yoda or Vader movie second, Revan third (if we get actual context). Pass on Fett and Maul.

Even if you haven't seen TCW or Star Wars Rebels, Maul's story is done and I'm at peace with it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Be difficult to have Vader or Fett as the main character because of the helmets. That's why Spiderman and Ironman are always ending up with their faces exposed, hard to get a lot of emotion from a helmet for 2 hours.

I think a Darth Maul movie would be kinda awesome. The "Tales" comic books ahve some cool stuff on his early training, and the Darth Plagueis novel is great too - he knows he's just a pawn of Sidious and he freaking hates it.

Yoda's dialogue would make his tough too. "A sandwich, I will eat. "Go to the bathroom, I must." My brother always said they should have had Yoda in the prequels talk completely normal just to confuse people and question why he started speaking backwards in the OT.

I'd even take an animated KOTR movie. Would love one of the Heir th the Empire trilogy by Zahn as well.
Saul Goodman
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Agreed. The Boba Fett obsession always confused me.
AGGies0311
Yoda would be too long of an era to cover, therefore you'd have to pick something to make up about his past...

Kenobi.... the only part a movie could ideally be made about him is his time on Tatooine

Revan..... not canon

Maul.... His rise to being an apprentice would be nice to watch

Fett .... he has a story you can play with, especially with him escaping the Sarlac

Vader.... Where would his story fit in the series? After ROTS and before ANH?
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

In order of least to most:

Fett - no thanks
Revan - eh
Maul - Might be cool
Yoda - yes pls
Vader - **** yes
Kenobi - Take my ****ing money now
How I feel. Except reverse Revan and Maul
Urban Ag
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

the obsession with Fett is that in 1979-1980 you could mail in proof of purchases from your action figures to get a Boba Fett figure, not available in stores until after release of ESB. He became the anti-hero, most sought after, badass character, to young boys the world over. It took like six freakin months for the figure to arrive too. The anticipation factor of being that kid who had the Boba figure created the legend of 30 seconds of screen time Fett.

Also the original mail order figure had a spring loaded rocket that fired. Then they discontinued it after some kid launched it down his throat and choked to death. Or I may have made that up. You decide.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The obvious answer is a young Admiral Ackbar movie
DartAg1970
AG
what would a vader movie give us that we don't already know about his character?
jabberwalkie09
AG
DartAg1970 said:

what would a vader movie give us that we don't already know about his character?
I think most people would just want to see a Vader in his prime.

Basically, a two hour version of what he did at the end of Rogue One.
jokershady
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Yoda with dreads? LMAO

I'd be in for a Kenobi movie first, Yoda or Vader movie second, Revan third (if we get actual context). Pass on Fett and Maul.

Even if you haven't seen TCW or Star Wars Rebels, Maul's story is done and I'm at peace with it.
When 900 years old look as good, you will not....hmm?
Living Legend
AG
Shocked to see so many people have a Kenobi movie over Vader...for the people that chose this can they explain more in detail? Star Wars is my FAVORITE franchise, but i've never been attached to Kenobi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vader would be awesome, and it's my easy #2 choice, but after ROTS, we basically know what he does until the beginning of ANH. He's the Emperor's enforcer / right-hand, and he helps wipe out the Jedi spread across the galaxy.

Would it be awesome to see? Yes. But there's not a lot of mystery there.

Whereas with Obi-Wan, we really don't know much of anything between ROTS and ANH. Obviously, he looks over Luke from afar, but, there is so much story that could be told in those 20 years. You don't just go from a planet-hopping Jedi Knight to a hermit overnight.

Plus, Ewan McGregor was easily the best part of the prequels, and he is the perfect age to play the character in that time period.
Murder Hornet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

It's a trap!!
Living Legend
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Vader would be awesome, and it's my easy #2 choice, but after ROTS, we basically know what he does until the beginning of ANH. He's the Emperor's enforcer / right-hand, and he helps wipe out the Jedi spread across the galaxy.

Would it be awesome to see? Yes. But there's not a lot of mystery there.

Whereas with Obi-Wan, we really don't know much of anything between ROTS and ANH. Obviously, he looks over Luke from afar, but, there is so much story that could be told in those 20 years. You don't just go from a planet-hopping Jedi Knight to a hermit overnight.

Plus, Ewan McGregor was easily the best part of the prequels, and he is the perfect age to play the character in that time period.
The interest for me lies in seeing Vader unleashed with his powers. We got a small glimpse of it in Rogue One, but I would LOVE to see two hours of that.

Also, was Vader the Emperor's puppet the whole time or was he conflicted or thought about trying to over throw him?

There was a video game a few years back about Vader having a secret apprentice which had a really good story to it as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Force Unleashed

For what it's worth, that is no longer canon.

But, I suppose they could write some new mythology along these lines.
Presley OBannons Sword
reclassify episodes 1-3 as "legends"

re-tell the story of Anakin / Vader in one or two movies

be a hero.
wangus12
AG
bthomas98 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

It's a trap!!
Yes we must learn how he gained the insight to tell when something is a trap.

Perhaps he fell into a trap and lost everything. And then he must learn from that experience. But in the end, he still falls into another trap
jabberwalkie09
AG

Quote:

Also, was Vader the Emperor's puppet the whole time or was he conflicted or thought about trying to over throw him?
Vader saw his alliance with with the Emperor as bring order to the galaxy. I don't think he really had any conflict within him about the direction he was going until he realized who Luke was. After losing padme and his child (remember he only knew of the one), he saw it as his mission to bring order to chaos.
The Collective
AG
What has never made sense to me is Anakin going from Jedi to executioner so quickly. If maybe Padme had already been killed, I'd get that as it would be a clear breaking point. His turn against the Jedi in the films just happens so fast that it barely makes sense. I will say that if you've spent time with the animated series, it really does help you get there mentally, but it is poorly executed in the films.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bthomas98 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

It's a trap!!
My fondest wish is for the Resistance to fly into an obvious trap in TLJ everyone on the ship turns to Ackbar and he's like "nope, not gonna do it"
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

What has never made sense to me is Anakin going from Jedi to executioner so quickly. If maybe Padme had already been killed, I'd get that as it would be a clear breaking point. His turn against the Jedi in the films just happens so fast that it barely makes sense. I will say that if you've spent time with the animated series, it really does help you get there mentally, but it is poorly executed in the films.
Looking back on the films, and I guess this may be some what tainted by having seen TCW in its entirety, but I really remember Anakin in ROTS acting like a child. He had been pretty frustrated with the Jedi Council and the way they ran things, and it kind of came to a head in ROTS and Palpatine just nudged him over the edge with his manipulation. Anakin was pissed over not being granted the rank of master, yet being on the Council.

I've always just thought that he saw Palpatine as someone who sympathized with him and could give him what he wanted, more power.

But yeah, his frustration with the Jedi was not so communicated very well in ROTS as to why he went over.
Ag Since 83
AG
What do you mean "so quickly?" Nine minutes of screen time had gone by! That's nearly double digits!

Regarding the question posed, my answer is Kenobi and and the rest range from "meh" to "ugh please no"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

Looking back on the films, and I guess this may be some what tainted by having seen TCW in its entirety, but I really remember Anakin in ROTS acting like a child. He had been pretty frustrated with the Jedi Council and the way they ran things, and it kind of came to a head in ROTS and Palpatine just nudged him over the edge with his manipulation. Anakin was pissed over not being granted the rank of master, yet being on the Council.

I've always just thought that he saw Palpatine as someone who sympathized with him and could give him what he wanted, more power.

But yeah, his frustration with the Jedi was not so communicated very well in ROTS as to why he went over.
had the same problem with Finn in TFA. One minute he decides to spring Poe, next minute he's killing everybody he knows with the guns of a TIE fighter.
First Page Last Page
Page 640 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.