Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,719 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Whew.

What if... it's the Old Republic.

Sweet baby jesus... por favor...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hello, old friends. I have missed you.
512Ag
AG
Well, looks who's back.

wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Please don't go looking back throughout this thread at all the times we said we wished you were here. It could get awkward.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Welcome back, Muck!
TCTTS
AG
Ha, love this. Welcome back, Muck!
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, Muck, you were gone a while. Thoughts on Rogue One?
fig96
AG
Not film but very Star Wars universe related, Star Wars Battlefront 2 releases next week and looks incredible.

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 2: WATCH 57 MINUTES OF BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY
SeattleAgJr

So apparently "young" Han Solo only owned and wore one outfit every day.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. I look at that and just see a dude doing Han Solo cosplay. Was afraid of that.

Hope it's not the case in the movie. Not that I was even excited about it to begin with.
AliasMan02
AG
That's marketing material. I'm sure he wears that outfit in the movie but doubt it's the whole time. Makes sense that he wear it in the advertisement.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BernArnold said:

Holy crap....a few years ago I was worried I might die before the IX stories were told...now I gotta live just a little longer...

So let me get this straight.

Between late 1983 and late 2015 I got 3 sucky prequels.....Thats 3 movies in ~32 years.

Now I've got(gotten):

TFA 2015
RO 2016
TLJ 2017
HS 2018
IX 2019
maybe OWK or BF movie in 2020??
and three more movies in say the next 10-12 years!!!!

that's 9 movies in a 12-14 year period roughly!!!!!!!

and a TV series!!!!!!!

A movie dedicated to Bib Fortuna?? IN!!!
TCTTS
AG
Debunked as fake.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank Christ.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Debunked as fake.
The image is real. That Han wears that uniform is debunked.
TCTTS
AG
That makes no sense. It's a real image but he's wearing fake clothes?

Some prankster took the picture of Alden from the initial cast photo below, cropped his head, photoshopped it onto a fake Han body image, made it all look like a promotional painting/image, and put it on a cup. That has been confirmed.

So the only thing "real" about it is that yes, that is an actual image of Alden's head, which... obviously. But I wouldn't call it "real." A photoshopped image that only uses a picture of someone's head, but nothing else, isn't a "real" image...

SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

That makes no sense. It's a real image but he's wearing fake clothes?

Some prankster took the picture of Alden from the initial cast photo below, cropped his head, photoshopped it onto a fake Han body image, made it all look like a promotional painting/image, and put it on a cup. That has been confirmed.

So the only thing "real" about it is that yes, that is an actual image of Alden's head, which... obviously. But I wouldn't call it "real." A photoshopped image that only uses a picture of someone's head, but nothing else, isn't a "real" image...

I said it was a real image of the cup. It is a promotional cup for Harkins Theaters.
The image of Han is obviously an artist's interpretation.
So it is fake in that it is not a promotional image of Han.
But it is a real cup with the image as posted and not a fan-boy creation just for the internet.

And here is proof to shut this topic down.

https://store.harkins.com/#/category/1007
TCTTS
AG
Dude, you are making this WAY too complicated. Of course it's a real cup. Yes, those are someone's real fingers holding it. And again, of course it's using a real image of Alden's face. But it's "fake" in the sense that it's not an actual, official, promotional item sanctioned by Disney. Someone tried to trick a bunch of fanboys, thus making it "fake."

It's like if someone posted a picture of a UFO hovering over a city, but it was ultimately revealed that it was someone's lame attempt to photoshop a saucer in the sky area of the pic. And then I simply said, "Debunked as fake," but you came back with, "Well, it's a REAL city." Yes, we know that. Of course the base image of the city the prankster used is real. As a whole, that doesn't make it a "real" image, though.
SeattleAgJr
and you are reading too much into what i said. "The image is real. That Han wears that uniform is debunked"
TCTTS
AG
I cannot believe this is a "real" conversation. No rational person would have tried to clarify my "Debunked as fake" comment. That's my only point.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ladies, get a room...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So, Muck, you were gone a while. Thoughts on Rogue One?
I got in a car wreck before Rogue One came out and never got to see it in the theater. I was sort of in carbonite for a while there, and like Han Solo, was really out of it when they thawed me out, but at least there was no Sarlacc.

Finally saw R1 this past summer at home. I have watched it 2-3 times since. My favorite parts are anything with Tarkin in it; the end with Vader/Leia; and when Jyn sees her dad in the hologram. Extremely well acted I thought.

TCTTS
AG
Damn, man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok now, and glad you finally had the chance to see it.
fig96
AG
Yikes, glad to see you back and hope things are looking up. Glad to hear about the lack of Sarlaac.
The Collective
AG
Glad there were no disintegrations.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh damn.

Glad the force was with you.
Flashdiaz
AG
I wonder if Han ever got to see Leia in the jabba slave outfit. Everyone else got to see it.

He only saw shadows at best when he thawed from the carbonite and she probably changed when they got on board the Falcon on Tattoine.
twilly
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I wonder if Han ever got to see Leia in the jabba slave outfit. Everyone else got to see it.

He only saw shadows at best when he thawed from the carbonite and she probably changed when they got on board the Falcon on Tattoine.
Yes he did...
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

Flashdiaz said:

Yes he did...

I never thought of it before but it Seems like those ladders would get expensive over time.

And did he just have a stash of them in the trunk?
Flashdiaz
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

twilly said:

Flashdiaz said:

Yes he did...

I never thought of it before but it Seems like those ladders would get expensive over time.

and how do non-jedi get down from the x-wing? do they all jump when they land at a non-port?
jr15aggie
AG
Was the image transposed, cause the glove was on the wrong hand.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jr15aggie said:

Was the image transposed, cause the glove was on the wrong hand.

yeah....this one shows it in context, cleaned up a little (doesn't sound like a lawn mower is running in the background) and has convenient subtitles since you can barely hear them. they obviously would have had to voice over that scene if it ended up being used....

it is also reversed in most of the scenes and even has some from opposite angles. it's a little better.

It also includes some crappy pieced together fan film stuff showing boba fett escaping the pit at the end. lol.
fig96
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Duncan Idaho said:

twilly said:

Flashdiaz said:

Yes he did...

and how do non-jedi get down from the x-wing? do they all jump when they land at a non-port?
This whole string of posts is the kind of discussion I come here for.
First Page Last Page
Page 628 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.