Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,955 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scratch that...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Rian, what a blessing that guy is. He is unassuming and amiable. I've never seen him raise his voice. I've never heard him curse. I never heard him humiliate anybody else in front of the entire crew." - Mark Hamill

You see, Hollywood? Take notes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Whew.

What if... it's the Old Republic.
TCTTS
AG
Would rather it be something new and fresh. Not opposed to that in some capacity, but I would rather the "main" stories be continually moving forward.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Holy crap....a few years ago I was worried I might die before the IX stories were told...now I gotta live just a little longer...

So let me get this straight.

Between late 1983 and late 2015 I got 3 sucky prequels.....Thats 3 movies in ~32 years.

Now I've got(gotten):

TFA 2015
RO 2016
TLJ 2017
HS 2018
IX 2019
maybe OWK or BF movie in 2020??
and three more movies in say the next 10-12 years!!!!

that's 9 movies in a 12-14 year period roughly!!!!!!!

and a TV series!!!!!!!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Actually. That could work great as the tv series instead.

GOT stye. Lots of characters, lots of political drama. Plenty of planets and locations. And preferably more factions than JUST the Jedi and Sith.

And of course, one big battle per season.
TCTTS
AG
Now THAT would be awesome.
twilly
AG
All this news is freakin'
redline248
AG
With Thrawn being reintroduced into canon, it could be Chiss Ascendency. Or maybe....and bear with me here...

Yuuzahn Vong. (gasp)

Honestly though, it could be anything. Black Sun, huts, Mandalore/Jedi wars...

hurleyag
AG
Am I the only one afraid this might just be a Porg spin off?
AliasMan02
AG
Hope the Star Wars series, which I'd bet heavily is Dave Filoni's next project, isn't on network TV. ABC is the safe bet but I hope it goes on their streaming service or a premium channel. Does Disney own any of the movie channels?
TCTTS
AG
Crazy.

I'm guessing...

2015 = Episode VII aka The Force Awakens
2016 = Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
2017 = Episode VIII aka The Last Jedi
2018 = Solo: A Star Wars Story
2019 = Episode IX
2020 = Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story
2021= Episode X aka the fourth trilogy, Part 1
2022 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project
2023 = Episode XI aka the fourth trilogy, Part 2
2024 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project
2025 = Episode XII aka the fourth trilogy, Part 3
2026 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project

... along with an untitled live-action TV series debuting potentially sometime in 2019 or later (we only know at this point that the Disney streaming service it will premiere on will debut in 2019, not necessarily the show itself). That would basically cover "the next 10 years" Kennedy mentioned a few days ago. Then again, they could create more of a gap between IX and X, and have the new trilogy begin in 2022 or so, but the fact that they're announcing it now, and that Rian has at the very least four years to make the first one, tells me it'll likely follow two years after IX to keep up the current pace/structure.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Hope the Star Wars series, which I'd bet heavily is Dave Filoni's next project, isn't on network TV. ABC is the safe bet but I hope it goes on their streaming service or a premium channel. Does Disney own any of the movie channels?

Man, don't give Disney any ideas (they probably already plan to put the show on their streaming service)
Flashdiaz
AG
AliasMan02 said:

" the company is planning a live-action "Star Wars" TV series to air on Disney's new exclusive entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019"
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Man, don't give Disney any ideas (they probably already plan to put the show on their streaming service)
Already announced that it's going on their streaming service.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

AliasMan02 said:

" the company is planning a live-action "Star Wars" TV series to air on Disney's new exclusive entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019"

That phrasing makes a lot of difference. Lots of outlets reporting that the show will debut in 2019, but it sounds like the date is TBA and that only the platform itself is announced for 2019 at the moment.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Crazy.

I'm guessing...

2015 = Episode VII aka The Force Awakens
2016 = Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
2017 = Episode VIII aka The Last Jedi
2018 = Solo: A Star Wars Story
2019 = Episode IX
2020 = Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story
2021= Episode X aka the fourth trilogy, Part 1
2022 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project
2023 = Episode XI aka the fourth trilogy, Part 2
2024 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project
2025 = Episode XII aka the fourth trilogy, Part 3
2026 = Unannounced A Star Wars Story Project

... along with an untitled live-action TV series debuting potentially sometime in 2019 or later (we only know at this point that the Disney streaming service it will premiere on will debut in 2019, not necessarily the show itself). That would basically cover "the next 10 years" Kennedy mentioned a few days ago. Then again, they could create more of a gap between IX and X, and have the new trilogy begin in 2022 or so, but the fact that they're announcing it now, and that Rian has at the very least four years to make the first one, tells me it'll likely follow two years after IX to keep up the current pace/structure.
...and all this timeline does is make me think where in the **** am I going to hang all these movie posters?
My house isn't big enough for all these!
TCTTS
AG
Four walls in a room, four trilogies. The spin-offs may have to go in a new wing of the house...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Four walls in a room, four trilogies. The spin-offs may have to go in a new wing of the house...
ceiling
Max Power
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Rian, what a blessing that guy is. He is unassuming and amiable. I've never seen him raise his voice. I've never heard him curse. I never heard him humiliate anybody else in front of the entire crew." - Mark Hamill

You see, Hollywood? Take notes.

So he's the anti Christian Bale?

TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
When Rian was sitting in a room pondering his decision, do you think Bob Iger or Kathleen Kennedy was the one reaching out to him imploring him to "FULFILL YOUR DESTINY"?
Urban Ag
AG
Honestly. What greater endorsement of how good TLJ must be then the Mouse handing him an entire, new, freakin, Star Wars trilogy? It's got to be unprecedented. Rian is probably literally numb right now. It's like signing a 10 year contract as the highest paid franchise quarterback in the league.

However, something to consider. Disney's earning report today was not good. Dipped down to about 99 by closing bell. It's back up to $103.53 in after hours trading. Would not be surprised to see it go higher tomorrow on this news alone.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14385389/1/disney-shares-fall-weak-television-business.html

nice timing on the announcement. Regardless, this movie has to be incredible. These people know what they're doing.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

That is awesome
TCTTS
AG
I bet it was more Rian's doing, honestly. I think somewhere during this process over the past couple of years he likely got an idea for this new trilogy that he really sparked to, knowing that Kennedy & co had probably told him at some point that they were looking to potentially start fresh after IX. It was either that or mutual, but I don't think anyone had to talk Rian into giving up this much of his life to Star Wars. Someone like him, who could literally make any movie he wants at this point, doesn't go into a commitment like this if he's not extremely excited for the idea/potential, which is why I think it's something he likely came up with, for the most part.
TCTTS
AG
That said, I need to check the language again, but I get the impression that Rian is of course overseeing the entire trilogy, though at this point is only officially signed to write and direct the first movie. I would be surprised if he ends up writing and directing all three himself. He'll almost assuredly at least conceive of, outline, and executive produce the whole thing, it sounds like, but I have yet to see anywhere that he's actually writing/directing all three movies himself.
wangus12
AG
Holy **** this news

Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Holy **** this news

I'm so sick of reading this but...................user name checks out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just realized.

THIS is why Rian didn't direct Ep IX.
Ag Since 83
AG
redline248 said:

With Thrawn being reintroduced into canon, it could be Chiss Ascendency. Or maybe....and bear with me here...

Yuuzahn Vong. (gasp)

Honestly though, it could be anything. Black Sun, huts, Mandalore/Jedi wars...

I want a Chiss Ascendency series so bad. I know it'll probably just be explored though Zahn's books but to see them at the center of a story in the screen would be amazing

Plus now Zahn has given us the obvious human lead to view the Chiss through in Eli Vanto
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Live shot from the Lucasfilm offices:

Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Whew.

What if... it's the Old Republic.

redline248
AG
I personally would go for a movie version of Darth Bane
First Page Last Page
Page 627 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.