Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,781 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I need to go back and verify, but I think they are reserving yellow for temple guards. I say this because in Heir to the Jedi I could swear that the Rodian Jedi whose lightsaber that Luke takes from the tomb was originally yellow, but was revised/corrected to be purple in my digital copy.

I need to go back and check a first printing hard copy somewhere but I could swear that's the case.
So far, only yellow has been used by the Jedi Temple Guards.The other colors that have appeared for Jedi Knights, members of the Council and Masters, and their padawans are blue and green commonly. There's been a few one offs like the Darksaber with a black blade (which is even more unique in it's form resembling a katana style blade), Ahsoka's shoto being yellow with a green hue, Tera Sinube had an extremely light blue saber that was almost white, Ahsoka had the white sabers, and of course Mace's purple saber.

I think that Rey's saber would be interesting if it was orange with a golden hue. I don't see why they wouldn't give her a unique lightsaber color.
I'm not a book reader, but it is my understanding that there is something in cannon that says that the Kyber crystals choose their color based on the maker of the lightsaber. If this is actually true and the speculation about Rey's path are true, could Rey's lightsaber be some shade of grey?

That would be great. Doubly so as someone who once had a Jedi RPG character with a platinum colored lightsaber.
jabberwalkie09
AG
They're colorless until they're put in a lightsaber. Why they are the color they are is something that hasn't really been explained AFAIK.
Flashdiaz
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

They're colorless until they're put in a lightsaber. Why they are the color they are is something that hasn't really been explained AFAIK.
what about when they're put in a giant moon sized space station? Then they turn jedi green.
jabberwalkie09
AG
All of the Empire's weapons are green. IIRC the explanation was the type of gas used for the weapon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

In the middle of the crowd was a young man who looked exactly like Jude Law. Meaning, he looked like he would be more comfortable on a runway than a Star Wars line. But he'd been there for several days and was a huge fan. (He may have even flown in from Australia, if memory serves.) Anyway, the producers looked at him and asked him to get out of the shot. When he asked why, they were incredibly honest. "You're too good-looking," they said. And that's when it hit me how specific the vision for this whole skit really was.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

And this is my hope. I'd like to see a color other than blue or green, though.

Do t worry it'll be red.
3rdGen2015
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I did some research during lunch and this appears to be the case.
AliasMan02
AG
Kyber are semi-organic and this channel the Force more or less as living things.

To use Kyber, the Empire utilized Erso's research that allows them to be manipulated using energy and force rather than the Force.
The Collective
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
Ask and you shall receive

AliasMan02
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Ask and you shall receive

I love that dude.
The Collective
AG
Well, damn, I wasn't expecting that so quickly.
3rdGen2015
AG
I happened to find that tweet string in a Reddit post when I was looking into it right before you asked for it
joemeister
AG
I saw this earlier today and thought y'all might find it interesting: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars

Just click on the movie links at the bottom and the site goes through the various firearms used to make the weapon props. Some of them are pretty well known (Lewis Gun and broomhandle Mauser for instance), but some of the others weren't as obvious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
SAND.
wangus12
AG
I knew about the Lewis gun and the broomhandle. Never would have thought about some of the others.
redline248
AG
Maybe someone should make them!
jabberwalkie09
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

SAND.
Prequels.

M.C. Swag
AG
Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi is about several Jedi. The German name has a plural in it.

wangus12
AG
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M.C. Swag
AG
You can't be serious
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thoughts and prayers to those poor little Nemos and Minnies.
MGS
'die' could also be feminine.
Hagen95
AG
double aught said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thoughts and prayers to those poor little Nemos and Minnies.
Imagine working there with that movie on a loop. Modern day waterboarding.
MandoArms
If the Death Star is powered by Kyber crystals and is evil...then shouldn't it's laser be red?
AliasMan02
AG
BrownCoat said:

If the Death Star is powered by Kyber crystals and is evil...then shouldn't it's laser be red?

They're mechanically manipulated to produce the power, not by the Dark Side. It's basically a third option, which apparently is always green for whatever reason.
redline248
AG
Isn't red the result of synthetic crystals? Is that still canon?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Isn't red the result of synthetic crystals? Is that still canon?

No, Dark Side users dominate the crystal which results in the red color. Kyber can't be synthesized.
The Collective
AG
wangus12 said:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

I knew about the Lewis gun and the broomhandle. Never would have thought about some of the others.
I was a gun nut (still am) from an early age. I thought it was pretty genius that they took surplus WWII small arms and made them in to props. Gave such an authentic feel to the original trilogy, especially New Hope. It gave things that "used" look Lucas was striving for.

Dro07
AG
it was recannon'd i thought in the Ahsoka novel
Farmer1906
AG
dromo07 said:

it was recannon'd i thought in the Ahsoka novel
They were real in the Ahsoka novel.
redline248
AG
This might come as a surprise to some of you, but not all of us have been keeping up with the new novels.

Although, I almost bought Ashoka last week.
AliasMan02
AG
It's good and an easy read/listen. Plus the audio book is read by Ashley which rules.

Side note: She might be my soul mate. Don't tell my wife.
First Page Last Page
Page 553 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.