Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,634 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Prediction: It ends with Kylo's voice saying something like "hello uncle"
Kylo: When we last met uncle, you were the master and I was the pupil, now I am the master

Luke: Only a master of evil Ben

The Collective
AG
well, ***** That doesn't work.
Malachi Constant
AG
I won't believe it till it's listed on TPL.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, then you're going to be waiting forever (the name is changing, but we're hopefully launching in June-ish).
Malachi Constant
AG
Predictions on the new name?
TCTTS
AG
It's already been chosen, the url acquired, and the LLC registered in the state of California. We don't want to make it public quite yet, but I have to say, it's damn good.
Karrde
AG
It would be hilarious if the first line was just Luke saying "Was there a hand that came with that?"
Malachi Constant
AG
"You're endangering the mission you shouldn't have come"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Did you bring any power converters?"
MouthBQ98
AG
We once spent an entire hike to the south rim and back thinking of every possible sexual innuendo in the dialogue of the first three movies. Turns out they are loaded with it. Hours worth of entertainment while trudging up and down a steep trail in the blazing Arizona sun.
The Collective
AG
Start film imnediately before the Falcon comes into view... Luke talking to a bird, "Biggs is right. I'm never gonna get out of here!" Falcon then hits the horizon, and things start moving.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

(From the actual set of TLJ.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

First look at the official TLJ packaging.
AgMarauder04
AG
Product Name looks AMAZING!!!!
MGS
No ship that small has a cloaking device!
Ag Since 83
AG
That's no moon....it's an ACTION CALLOUT
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So does this confirm Rey continues to use Luke's lightsaber in TLJ? Or could they be saving the reveal of her new one for the movie? (Like they avoided having Rey with a lightsaber merchandise for TFA.)
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So does this confirm Rey continues to use Luke's lightsaber in TLJ? Or could they be saving the reveal of her new one for the movie? (Like they avoided having Rey with a lightsaber merchandise for TFA.)
I dunno, I bet Luke kinda wants his back
The Collective
AG
The green is more badass anyway.

And Rey with her hair down... very nice!
wangus12
AG
I'm still holding out hope this as Rey's saber

AliasMan02
AG
I need to go back and verify, but I think they are reserving yellow for temple guards. I say this because in Heir to the Jedi I could swear that the Rodian Jedi whose lightsaber that Luke takes from the tomb was originally yellow, but was revised/corrected to be purple in my digital copy.

I need to go back and check a first printing hard copy somewhere but I could swear that's the case.
AliasMan02
AG
And this is my hope. I'd like to see a color other than blue or green, though.

MGS
AliasMan02 said:

A light-pike?
COOL LASER FALCON
I think she ends up with something like this. She pokes/ lunges a lot in TFA when she fights.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

I think she ends up with something like this. She pokes/ lunges a lot in TFA when she fights.
She fights ALOT like Palpatine, actually.
AliasMan02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

COOL LASER FALCON said:

She fights ALOT like Palpatine, actually.

And like Finn. It's so weird. It's almost like Boyega and Ridley had the same instructor/choreographer.
Hagen95
AG
I see her learning more of a Soresu style since it will likely be Luke teaching her.
redline248
AG
Daisy!

<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'd be totally down with the spear/pike idea. She can fight like Oberyn Martell in GoT

3rdGen2015
AG
wangus12 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I'd be totally down with the spear/pike idea. She can fight like Oberyn Martell in GoT

Let's hope she doesn't meet the same end as him
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

wangus12 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Let's hope she doesn't meet the same end as him
Would love to see him in a cameo role at some point with a light pike.
TCTTS
AG
http://io9.gizmodo.com/that-time-when-triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-mocked-me-f-1741820888
wangus12
AG
Nowadays people would be incredibly offended and triggered
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I need to go back and verify, but I think they are reserving yellow for temple guards. I say this because in Heir to the Jedi I could swear that the Rodian Jedi whose lightsaber that Luke takes from the tomb was originally yellow, but was revised/corrected to be purple in my digital copy.

I need to go back and check a first printing hard copy somewhere but I could swear that's the case.
So far, only yellow has been used by the Jedi Temple Guards.The other colors that have appeared for Jedi Knights, members of the Council and Masters, and their padawans are blue and green commonly. There's been a few one offs like the Darksaber with a black blade (which is even more unique in it's form resembling a katana style blade), Ahsoka's shoto being yellow with a green hue, Tera Sinube had an extremely light blue saber that was almost white, Ahsoka had the white sabers, and of course Mace's purple saber.

I think that Rey's saber would be interesting if it was orange with a golden hue. I don't see why they wouldn't give her a unique lightsaber color.
3rdGen2015
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

AliasMan02 said:

So far, only yellow has been used by the Jedi Temple Guards.The other colors that have appeared for Jedi Knights, members of the Council and Masters, and their padawans are blue and green commonly. There's been a few one offs like the Darksaber with a black blade (which is even more unique in it's form resembling a katana style blade), Ahsoka's shoto being yellow with a green hue, Tera Sinube had an extremely light blue saber that was almost white, Ahsoka had the white sabers, and of course Mace's purple saber.

I think that Rey's saber would be interesting if it was orange with a golden hue. I don't see why they wouldn't give her a unique lightsaber color.
I'm not a book reader, but it is my understanding that there is something in cannon that says that the Kyber crystals choose their color based on the maker of the lightsaber. If this is actually true and the speculation about Rey's path are true, could Rey's lightsaber be some shade of grey?
First Page Last Page
Page 552 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.