Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,546 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watch Rebels season 2 episode 1, season 2 episode Shroud of Darkness, and season 2 finale. I think those cover the most important parts of Ahsoka's story that we know.
Farmer1906
AG
CJS4715 said:

Watch Rebels season 2 episode 1, season 2 episode Shroud of Darkness, and season 2 finale. I think those cover the most important parts of Ahsoka's story that we know.

The novel takes place after the clone wars and before rebels. It's pretty good. Nailed her character from the shows.
The Collective
AG
aggie1906 said:

The novel takes place after the clone wars and before rebels. It's pretty good. Nailed her character from the shows.

Good point. I forgot about the novel. I haven't read it.
TCTTS
AG
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-thandie-newton-han-solo-pic-1201983121/
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-thandie-newton-han-solo-pic-1201983121/

West-WOULD
redline248
AG
Doesn't Han have an "acquaintance" in one of the marvel comics?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Doesn't Han have an "acquaintance" in one of the marvel comics?

She's too old to plan Sana, I think. She's 44 and Han is only about 20 in the film.
redline248
AG
So, Lando's mom?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well this kinda sucks. Ewan doesn't sound nearly as excited to return to Star Wars in this interview as he did just a few months ago. Then again it could be due to the way the interviewer asked the question.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, I meant to post this here instead of the RO thread.

AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well this kinda sucks. Ewan doesn't sound nearly as excited to return to Star Wars in this interview as he did just a few months ago. Then again it could be due to the way the interviewer asked the question.

Fwiw, an acquaintance whose brother is bffs with Ewan says he's all in on an Obi Wan movie.
TCTTS
AG

Buck Compton
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fwiw, an acquaintance whose brother is bffs with Ewan says he's all in on an Obi Wan movie.
You say it all secretive when it's just a poster on the GB......
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, y'all are acquaintances, now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

**** yes. Spielberg did this for the final act of ET. (There's a reason it's such a masterpiece of film and score. Spielberg edited to Williams' music.)

This is awesome to hear.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. I love it when filmmakers do this. It's how it should be.
AliasMan02
AG
Buck Compton said:

AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You say it all secretive when it's just a poster on the GB......

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Williams wins the Grammy for TFA!

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/williams/news/grammy-score-force-awakens/
Dro07
AG
Just read that Rebels hasn't been renewed for a season 4 and that a possibility of a new show next season. With the possible end of Rebels coming soon i think its interesting that it will end before "The Last Jedi" considering the recent Del Toro/Ezra rumors circulating. Maybe a coincidence but who knows.
Flashdiaz
AG
I interesting indeed if this is the last half of the season. I still think Ezra dies with Maul protecting Obi Wan or maybe even baby Luke ...
3rdGen2015
AG
Aren't Ezra and Luke like three years apart in age?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Same age IIRC.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Same age IIRC.
Yep.

jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

Just read that Rebels hasn't been renewed for a season 4 and that a possibility of a new show next season. With the possible end of Rebels coming soon i think its interesting that it will end before "The Last Jedi" considering the recent Del Toro/Ezra rumors circulating. Maybe a coincidence but who knows.
Freddie Prinze Junior mentioned in an interview with Dash Star that they've been recording dialogue for season 4. At the time it was for episode 2, and that was back in August 2016. I think FPJ also mentioned at some point that the series is commissioned through to its end, but I don't think they've really said how much more they have left in the tank and I don't remember where he said that.

So it seems like renewal for season 4 is more or less a formality.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So we know from Gareth Edwards that there is a brand new, 4K restoration of A New Hope in the Lucasfilm vault. This year is the 40th anniversary of Star Wars.

A 40th anniversary theatrical re-release has to at least be in the works, right? The issue here is that the rights are still with Fox, so I'm not sure how that would work. Would they have to strike a deal to split the profits? Still, it's a no brainer, right? It's essentially free money for work they've already done.

In any case, I hope it happens.
The Collective
AG
Seems to be a lot of teaser / trailer content talk in the far reaches of the Internet this week. Again, this talk is all driven by some anonymous post that is probably incorrect (see Ezra rumor last week). Given that, I think some teaser talk might be warranted. What do you expect to see in a teaser, and what do you think they will hold back not just in this teaser but all marketing material.

I am hoping they don't show Luke ignite his lightsaber (have to keep this for the actual film, right?). Will Luke speak in the upcoming teaser or even the future trailers at all?
Any other thoughts? Any chance we get to see Del Toro's character in the first bit of marketing material?
TCTTS
AG
I'm sure people are sick of me saying this by now, but we're likely not getting a trailer until Celebration in April. Specifically, my guess would be Thursday, April 13. Kathleen Kennedy has basically said as much, and that would fall in line with the same basic timeline from last year when we got the first Rogue One trailer just two days after the TFA Blu-ray/streaming release on April 5. I'm betting Rogue one will release on Blu-ray/streaming the first week of April, and then, once that cycle is finally complete, Lucasfilm will then shift to The Last Jedi marketing campaign at Celebration.

The only other scenario I could see playing out is a TLJ trailer with Beauty and the Beast on March 17, but Disney has so many more blockbusters coming out before TLJ that they'll want to market, that I just don't see it happening. Would gladly loved to be proven wrong, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fade in - a sun setting on the horizon over the ocean.

Cut to - the island of Ach-To drenched in moonlight in the distance. A red saber ignites. Pause. A green saber ignites.

STAR WARS

THE LAST JEDI
TCTTS
AG
Potential "spoilers" but not really. Just a tiny bit of new planet talk...

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/preliminary-details-new-world-star-wars-last-jedi/
The Collective
AG
I should have clarified... I'm trying to have a discussion based around potential content of the teaser. Everything I've read this week has stated the teaser is going to be in April, so I'm not focused on timeline.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fade in - a sun setting on the horizon over the ocean.

Cut to - the island of Ach-To drenched in moonlight in the distance. A red saber ignites. Pause. A green saber ignites.

STAR WARS

THE LAST JEDI

Probably right. It will be absolutely nothing, and we will all love them for it.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha.

As for content, I'd potentially expect something different than we're used to. I could be wrong, but Rain Johnson just seems like a guy who'd want to mix it a up a bit. If so, I'd love to get one of those trailers that's basically just one scene or one conversation with a few shots from the rest of the movie spliced in. Since they've already teased it in the production announcement, what about the very next moment after Rey offers the lightsaber to Luke? What if all we saw was the next minute or so of that convo, followed by a few random shots from the rest of the movie? Either something like that, or just simple a montage of shots and music only with little-to-no dialogue.

Regardless, I wouldn't expect it to be over two minutes at most. Likely closer to a minute and a half. And if they do go the traditional route, I'm thinking it'll just be a random shot or two of each of Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo, amongst a quick shot or two of a new character, followed by some cool end-moment like they did with Han's "Chewie, we're home" line, except this time with Luke. In fact, if I had one guess, it would be that we finally hear Luke speak, but it'll be the last line in the trailer. I definitely don't expect to see Snoke quite yet (since he's finally apparently going to be appearing in-the-flesh in this movie, and they'll likely hold on revealing him), and I wouldn't expect a lot of dialogue this go-around either.

Ideally, I'd love something like this first Benjamin Button teaser trailer. A line or two of voice over at the beginning (maybe from Rey?), then just a minute or so montage of music over random footage, followed by a single line from Luke at the end...

Ag Since 83
AG
Prediction: It ends with Kylo's voice saying something like "hello uncle"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At first I thought, "They would never give away a huge spoiler in a trailer."

Then I realized I'm dumb.
TCTTS
AG
I was one day off, but go ahead and mark Friday, April 14 in your calendars for the trailer...

http://www.comingsoon.net/extras/news/814853-kathleen-kennedy-and-rian-johnson-confirmed-for-star-wars-celebration-2017#/slide/1
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.