Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,801 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually I think I want a Poe/Finn jacket.
The Collective
AG
Is there an ice planet in this movie? Where will Andor be wearing a parka?
MandoArms
He wears it in a few of the previews, specifically in the street fight they get into on Jedha
The Collective
AG
BrownCoat said:

He wears it in a few of the previews, specifically in the street fight they get into on Jedha

I guess I completely glossed over that detail.
TCTTS
AG
A more level-headed take on the Rogue One footage that screening Saturday...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/12/05/a-level-headed-reaction-to-the-rogue-one-footage-which-screened-over-the-we
AgMarauder04
AG
Anytime someone talks about scene switching quickly and getting "whiplash" is dumb.
MandoArms
aggie1906 said:

Actually I think I want a Poe/Finn jacket.

Like this one??

https://www.warriorjackets.com/Star-Wars-Finn-Jacket
Farmer1906
AG
Exactly but I have a hard time dropping 170 on a jacket & brand I've never see or heard of. I wear Columbia quite a bit.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/12/05/a-level-headed-reaction-to-the-rogue-one-footage-which-screened-over-the-we
nope. not gonna read that
TCTTS
AG
It's completely spoiler free, just FYI.
Farmer1906
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

TCTTS said:

nope. not gonna read that

Ditto. I'm here to chat. Otherwise I'm going blind on movie news.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Office party scheduled for December 15th.

Lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5go3e4/leaked_poster_art_for_rogue_one_sequel/
jbanda
MandoArms
The friend I'm supposed to go see Rogue One with on opening night just got hit with a work trip for next week...anyone need a ticket in Fort Worth?
Malachi Constant
AG
ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY - Official International Trailer #4 (2016) Sci-Fi Movie HD

Malachi Constant
AG
^
I'm not going to watch it, but some people might want to.
Gigem314
AG
CJS4715 said:

brents1975
Omg man... died laughing at the Seagulls song
The Collective
AG
For those interested in box office talk:
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-rogue-one-china-new-year-donnie-yen/

Quote:

"Force Awakens" grossed a solid but unspectacular $124 million in China, well short of the records the film set in dozens of other territories. To compare, "Captain America: Civil War," which had a little more than half the global box office gross of "Force Awakens," reeled in $190 million in Chinalone.

Quote:

Disney's culturally conscious casting of Chinese movie stars Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen should help differentiate "Rogue One," even if the country's audience is sophisticated enough to see through blatantly obvious attempts to add Chinese elements to tentpole movies.

"I do think that the inclusion of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen will attract more general audiences and casual moviegoers who might decide which movie to see at the theater as opposed to buying tickets beforehand," Papish said. "Still, the Chinese audience is numb to Hollywood blockbusters throwing in random Chinese elements and increasingly feels pandered to."

Quote:

As word of Yen and Jiang being more than bit players gets out, Papish said it could help sell the film to a skeptical public.

The news that Donnie and Jiang have meatier roles than most Chinese performers in Hollywood films will hopefully hit social media and general audiences who didn't see 'The Force Awakens' will turn up," he said.

Quote:

The biggest challenge for "Rogue One," which hits U.S. theaters on Dec. 16, could have been its release date in China, which remained a mystery until Tuesday, when it was confirmed to hit the country's cinemas on Jan. 6, according to the official Star Wars Weibo account. While there's virtually zero chance the film doesn't make it to China, the date itself matters a lot.

Chinese New Year, which comes early in 2017, is an unofficial but established blackout period for China's cinemas, in which only local fare is permitted. The official holiday, which is determined by the lunar calendar, fell on February 8 this year, but it moves to January 28 in 2017. And that shift could have eclipsed "Rogue One's" box office dreams especially as the film's lack of a prompt release date announcement raised speculation that it would be pushed too close to the holiday.

Papish said that would have left Disney with the "unenviable option" of releasing the movie in the middle of February, after Chinese New Year is over. That exposes the studio to more piracy and bad word-of-mouth, but it might be the best out of a group of sub-optimal choices a situation possibly exacerbated by the tepid performance of "Force Awakens" in China, which even benefited from a Jan. 8 release date, giving the film more than a month before Chinese New Year.

jr15aggie
AG
brents1975 said:

Omg man... died laughing at the Seagulls song

And I was like... that log had a child... ARGHH!!!
Ag Since 83
AG
The Scarif DLC came out today for Battlefront. The planet looks pretty amazing in the game.
Urban Ag
AG
thanks for posting that. Very interesting and I did not even think of the impact of casting ethnically chinese actors to the bottomline.

The mouse didn't get this big by accident.
fig96
AG
Urban Ag said:

thanks for posting that. Very interesting and I did not even think of the impact of casting ethnically chinese actors to the bottomline.

Been happening for a while actually. Dreamworks opened a Chinese division to work on Kung Fu Panda 3, and the last Transformers had a few big name Chinese actors in bit parts (also got sued because they didn't correctly place Chinese product as agreed).
The Collective
AG
Do we need a separate Rogue One spoiler thread?I think we may need one by the weekend with the premiere on the 10th. Damn, that's 3 days away.
AgMarauder04
AG
CJS4715 said:

Do we need a separate Rogue One spoiler thread?I think we may need one by the weekend with the premiere on the 10th. Damn, that's 3 days away.
Seconded.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I guess if we did, then I could post an image from the international trailer and get some discussion going on it. I've mostly held off out of courtesy for people that don't want to know much about R1 going into it.
The Collective
AG
nm, you said international trailer.
Flashdiaz
AG
Yes. I've been avoiding all new trailers and such for a couple weeks now.
3rdGen2015
AG
What did y'all do with TFA last year? I wasn't around on this board until like March
Chipotlemonger
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

What did y'all do with TFA last year? I wasn't around on this board until like March

You mean in respect to spoilers?

A 2nd thread was created I believe. However even after a certain point there was a PSA flashy post on the SW thread that spoilers were fair game.
wangus12
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

We started the Spoiler thread the weekend before the movie dropped.

Then we had 30 day spoiler block on this thread to give everyone time to see it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for the new thread.

From this point (until Jan 1), anything that could be considered even semi-spoilery should go on the Rogue One thread. General thoughts and reactions can still go here as long as nothing specific is discussed. Let's keep this thread open for all to continue enjoying without fear of being spoiled.

8 days to go!
TCTTS
AG
With the premiere on Saturday, where should Twitter reactions go? Is it cool if non-spoiler tweet reactions are posted here? I think what I did last year is post reactions in both threads, leaving anything even remotely more than a vague reaction for the spoiler thread.
Duncan Idaho
fig96 said:

Urban Ag said:

Been happening for a while actually. Dreamworks opened a Chinese division to work on Kung Fu Panda 3, and the last Transformers had a few big name Chinese actors in bit parts (also got sued because they didn't correctly place Chinese product as agreed).

There is a reason why North Korea is typically cast as the bad guys....they don't buy movie tickets
First Page Last Page
Page 514 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.