Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,055 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just use your best judgement.
TCTTS
AG
Just trying to avoid getting yelled at, but yeah, I'll see how it goes. I don't know yet what time the premiere starts, but I might be in La La Land when it lets out, so someone else may have to take over tweet posting duty anyway. We'll see.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

With the premiere on Saturday, where should Twitter reactions go? Is it cool if non-spoiler tweet reactions are posted here? I think what I did last year is post reactions in both threads, leaving anything even remotely more than a vague reaction for the spoiler thread.
Yeah, I think you know what is a spoiler and what isn't. "Rogue One was awesome" is probably cool.

"Jyn Erso is Rey's mom" probably should go on the other one.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
For me I believe I will just avoid this and any other Star Wars thread until Friday the 16th.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggie1906 said:

Just use your best judgement.

Agree with this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

With the premiere on Saturday, where should Twitter reactions go? Is it cool if non-spoiler tweet reactions are posted here? I think what I did last year is post reactions in both threads, leaving anything even remotely more than a vague reaction for the spoiler thread.
Personally, I think twitter reactions should go in the spoiler thread like they were done for with TFA. But that's just my two cents.
redline248
AG
brents1975 said:

Omg man... died laughing at the Seagulls song
So did I
The Collective
AG
I look forward to the first poster getting pissy with TCTTS over something he links in this thread early Sunday morning.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I look forward to the first poster getting pissy with TCTTS over something he links in this thread early Sunday morning.
Just don't say a thing about the ending or any twists or anything else....

i'm still mad about some db radio dj stating that the Sixth Sense had a twist at the end... when I watched it I figured it out within 5 minutes.
TCTTS
AG
"How dare you spoil that Rogue One is a good movie!"
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

"Rogue one battle scenes were intense and shot beautifully"

Battle scenes? WTF TCTTS!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
"why yes they did discuss the thermal exhaust port going right to the main reactor"/ TCTTS

WHAT that is some damn design flaw? SPOILERS
twilly
AG
CJS4715 said:

TCTTS said:

"Rogue one battle scenes were intense and shot beautifully"

Battle scenes? WTF TCTTS!
Next thing you know he'll tell us that the Rebels were successful in stealing the Death Star plans.

Wha..wha....WHAT!!!!
MGS
"That guy in the black outfit - turns out he was some Jedi in the prequels"
3rdGen2015
AG
TC, go take some pictures if you can

TCTTS
AG
Just now seeing this. I work probably 15 minutes from there, if that. May try to drive by in the morning on my way in.
The Collective
AG
Well, that's gonna **** up traffic.
TCTTS
AG
Snoke was one of my least favorite things about TFA, but this sounds pretty awesome. No spoilers and almost no hint of context/plot, only the reveal that Snoke will be a physical animatronic/puppet this go-around...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/star-wars-episode-viiis-supreme-leader-snoke-master-of-puppets/

That said, the idea of Luke training Rey as Snoke trains Kylo could be really cool. Definitely sounds very Empire Strikes Back in that regard, but showing both sides undergoing training this time. Comes across as speculation on their part more than anything, but would make sense.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Snoke was one of my least favorite things about TFA, but this sounds pretty awesome. No spoilers and almost no hint of context/plot, only the reveal that Snoke will be a physical animatronic/puppet this go-around...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/star-wars-episode-viiis-supreme-leader-snoke-master-of-puppets/

That said, the idea of Luke training Rey as Snoke trains Kylo could be really cool. Definitely sounds very Empire Strikes Back in that regard, but showing both sides undergoing training this time. Comes across as speculation on their part more than anything, but would make sense.

best thing on there was this.....lol....not a comment on you/your theories...just in general it's funny.

Saul Goodman
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. I really liked TFA, but I was not a fan of the design and use of Snoke.

I think one of the things that made the OT villains so good (Vader and the Emperor) was that they kept a realism to them. Vader = futuristic mix of machine and man, Emperor = creepy, ugly, deformed, old guy.

Snoke reminded me too much of Voldemort and felt more like a fantasy villain...if that makes sense.
TCTTS
AG
Makes perfect sense. I know exactly what you're talking about, and agree 100%.
Farmer1906
AG
physical animatronic/puppet > super cgi

And I agree with your take on voldemort like villain.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

That said, the idea of Luke training Rey as Snoke trains Kylo could be really cool. Definitely sounds very Empire Strikes Backin that regard, but showing both sides undergoing training this time. Comes across as speculation on their part more than anything, but would make sense.
You know what this calls for right?

Hagen95
AG
Yes! Training montage!
Gigem314
AG
wangus12 said:

dave99ag
AG
Did someone say montage?

MGS
Seven foot tall with with long skinny arms - could Snoke possibly be a Muun? Hmmm
Duncan Idaho
'member when training montages were in every movie?

I 'member
The Collective
AG
Set Kylo's training montage to "You're the Best Around". Seems fitting since he is a whiny p like Daniel LaRusso.
AgMarauder04
AG
So does Pepperidge Farms
The Collective
AG
Some thoughts on reshoots:

Edwards:
Quote:

"I'd say a third of the movie or more has this embedded documentary style to it, and as a result, we shot hours and hours and days and days of material. Normally, when you put a film together it goes together like A-B-C-D-E and you move on. Whereas we had so many permutations, so many different ways it could be constructed, it took longer in the edit to find the exact version.

We'd always planned to do a pickup shoot, but we needed a lot of time to figure out all this material and get the best out of it. So that pushed the entire schedule in a big way. Then Disney saw the film and reacted really well and they said, 'Whatever you need, we're going to support you.' Our visual-effects shot count went from 600 to nearly 1,700, so suddenly we could do absolutely anything we wanted. To design 1,000 visual effects shots should take a year, so it was all hands to the pump and we never came up for air really until about a week ago.

Things kept improving constantly and the film was getting better and better and if you're improving it, you don't stop. I think any other movie you would say, 'That'll do. We're going to get a hit.' But 'Star Wars' is going to live forever if you do it properly. We just can't let it go. You've got keep going until they [snatch] it out of your hands."

Riz Ahmed:
Quote:

"There were a ton of reshoots. But if people want to read anything into that, I'd encourage them to read into it the guts it takes to unpick stitching rather than just try to embroider over it, to make it right. I admire [Lucasfilm President] Kathleen [Kennedy] and Gareth and the whole team for having the guts to go, 'Let's reopen this. Let's do some of this again.' I think it's because they really care and hopefully that's something that shows when people see the film."
wangus12
AG
I'm not very worried about this film in particular, but it scares me when directors say this:

Quote:

Things kept improving constantly and the film was getting better and better and if you're improving it, you don't stop. I think any other movie you would say, 'That'll do. We're going to get a hit.' But 'Star Wars' is going to live forever if you do it properly. We just can't let it go. You've got keep going until they [snatch] it out of your hands."
Flashdiaz
AG
MGS said:

Seven foot tall with with long skinny arms - could Snoke possibly be a Muun? Hmmm

Interesting... I think one of the inquisiters from Star Wars Rebels was a Muun. Then there's Olivia Munn who would make a good visual addition

As far as snoke being a puppet, does that mean Sardikas (sp) is not doing any motion capture anymore or can they combine the 2?
TCTTS
AG
Riz is the man...

Duncan Idaho
Should have tied trump, vader and "deal keeps getting worse"/"pray I don't alter it again" together for the lando reference.

Of course mine would have been 2 minutes of uhm's and ahh's
First Page Last Page
Page 515 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.